Thread: Fix a Champ!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fix a Champ!

Ok, so while PuBstomping in 5v5 earlier, me and some friends were chatting about the champs that we love, but need a few fixes, and this got us throwing ideas around as to HOW we would fix said champs...

This then turned into a bit of a game, basically, you can make 3 changes to any champ, to either their passive or their abilities, but not to stats/stat growth.

Here is mine

Champ Changed: Fiora

Intention: to fix the EPIC squishiness that is Fiora

Change 1: Her Passive, currently a fairly lackluster level+7 hp over six seconds, my proposed change? Fairly small really, make it level +7 health PER second, for 6 seconds.

Change 2: Lunge. Again a fairly small change, make it a skill shot. This would not only make her a bit more fun to play, but would also mean it could be used without a target, giving her an escape, which she REALLY freakin needs. If you wanted you could make the second free Lunge only proc if the first one hits a target, so you can't double dash away from people.

Change 3: Riposte. Again a small change, make it parry the first attack within 1.5 seconds, whatever that attack may be, and swap it to scale with 50% AD not 100% AP (because lets face it, who ever has AP on a fiora )

okay, your turn say the champion you wanna change, what the intention of your changes are and lastly, the changes themselves.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Well for me it would be Orianna,

Fix The Ball speed, if iam chasing someone it just takes forever to fly there even if the target is in range at that moment and so misses,

risen the ap ratio of the most attacks, without loaded RoA, RD my attacks deal close to no damage, if some ad carry jumps me i am dead

increase slow of slow zone or enlarge the diameter because everyone easy steps out in a sec even if landed on top of them

ulti range should me increased as the pull zone, now its just a minor cc ( compare alistar stomp) with medicore damage and long cd for the effect

Deleted
    Karma maybe ? or eve . . .

Champs I think need a redesign: Fiddle, Eve, Nunu, maybe WW, Shaco.
    Fiddle: nerfed too many times, needs a redesign to be a more well-rounded champ. He's really only a one trick pony. Fits the old jungle.
    Eve: 'nuff said.
    Nunu: fits the old jungle, not really worth playing.
    WW: fits the old jungle, though his lane game is fine.
    Shaco: fits the old jungle, nerfed too many times, needs a redesign.
    IMO, champs that get changed too many times become too distorted and need a redesign, as they tend to stray from their original goal/play style.

Fiddlesticks: This was discussed in a thread yesterday on reddit, but there is something hideously wrong with him. After the first few clears it just becomes awfully slow. Drain is pretty much his only clearing tool, and you cant really use it on the small camps. I have a dream that mage junglers will become viable, cus its something I love the idea of so much. The change to fiddle that should be done is the crow thing that he throws, increase the damage massively to minions, and reduce the cooldown a lot. To counterbalance this, it now only silences the first champion it hits, instead of all of them.

Twitch: Range increase. That is all. There is other things wrong with him, but the fact that I have to be next to my target to hit them while also playing literally the squishiest champion ingame is pretty fucked up.

Amumu: Something about being too blue reliant which just makes him really bad. His route is predictable so its so easy to steal all his shit. Good ganks, but the jungling part of this jungling champion just isn't very good.

WW: Can we just have a banner over him saying 'Do not jungle with WW'. His laning is fine. But everything he does in the jungle is subpar, yet there is this illusion people have that he is still good.

Eve: Eve is a perfect roamer who doesn't really fit into any lane due to this. For this reason I think the perfect redesign would be giving her a viable clear speed and turning her into a ganking based jungler akin to Pantheon or Shaco.

Vayne: Actually a nerf. Her lategame is too good, to put it simply. True damage % damage is just too good. She doesn't even need to be fed to destroy lategame.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    WW: Can we just have a banner over him saying 'Do not jungle with WW'. His laning is fine. But everything he does in the jungle is subpar, yet there is this illusion people have that he is still good.
    YES! Please... Rename him to Notjunglewithmeever(unlessyouareinotherteam)
    When I see WW jungle in my team I just want to afk 20 minutes... they ALWAYS ALWAYS fail.

Hm. That's kinda funny, I was just thinking about Fiora and also tweaking another champion earlier today (without having seen this post).

And personally, while a skill-shot lunge is useful/fun, the way I see it, Fiora's the all-in champion, and giving her tools would make her OP. The way she is right now, she trades absolutely everything for damage. She's melee, has no CC, no escapes, limited gap closers, no on-demand self-healing, no AoE unless you count Blade Waltz, is squishy, requires mana.... but her DPS is ludicrous. I kinda think she should stay that way.

As for changing another champ, I really think it would make sense if Nidalee could jungle viably. =p I haven't tried it at all, so I'm not really sure what the biggest problems are, but I'm pretty sure it's considered poor, or at least until you get Aspect of the Cougar. She'd be another AP jungler too. As for what tweaks she needs... I guess the safest changes to make without making her stronger against champions would be to increase the damage of Javelin Toss (and/or Bushwhack) against monsters and minions. Or maybe also Bushwhack can snare monsters.

She'd still be a pretty bad ganker, though a flying javelin when you least expect it may occasionally be deadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xin Zhao could use some actual scaling on his abilities once again, as he currently does very little late-game.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Amumu: Something about being too blue reliant which just makes him really bad. His route is predictable so its so easy to steal all his shit. Good ganks, but the jungling part of this jungling champion just isn't very good.
    I so relate to this. Amumu is my main/favorite jungler but my team is often very ignorant and I'm being counterjungled big time without any help. This is a huge problem before you hit at least level ~5-6.

Also agree that fiddle is a bit too slow clearing jungle.

Stealth needs to be completely removed from League of Legends, or seriously reworked. Taking any damage while stealthed should break it immediately, for instance.

That said, Evelynn is...complete garbage. She was okay when she still had a stun, but she's probably the worst champion overall right now. She's in need of a complete remake, or just a straight removal.

I reiterate, though, stealth? Awful mechanic.

Almost as bad as fear/terror.

Karma, Reduce the cd on her Shield and add a ulti stack i think? Well as pro players have said he is so close to jumping hugely in power and been very op, so that might be a bit much. Maybe take the damage from her shield and add it to a heal as well, when used with her ulti and turn her Q to pure damage, with extra damage.

Or just add some range to her Q and her autos as there painfully low atm

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Ok, so while PuBstomping in 5v5 earlier, me and some friends were chatting about the champs that we love, but need a few fixes, and this got us throwing ideas around as to HOW we would fix said champs...

This then turned into a bit of a game, basically, you can make 3 changes to any champ, to either their passive or their abilities, but not to stats/stat growth.

Here is mine

Champ Changed: Fiora

Intention: to fix the EPIC squishiness that is Fiora

Change 1: Her Passive, currently a fairly lackluster level+7 hp over six seconds, my proposed change? Fairly small really, make it level +7 health PER second, for 6 seconds.

Change 2: Lunge. Again a fairly small change, make it a skill shot. This would not only make her a bit more fun to play, but would also mean it could be used without a target, giving her an escape, which she REALLY freakin needs. If you wanted you could make the second free Lunge only proc if the first one hits a target, so you can't double dash away from people.

Change 3: Riposte. Again a small change, make it parry the first attack within 1.5 seconds, whatever that attack may be, and swap it to scale with 50% AD not 100% AP (because lets face it, who ever has AP on a fiora )

okay, your turn say the champion you wanna change, what the intention of your changes are and lastly, the changes themselves.
    So you believe that buffing her passive sixfold, giving her a dash that can go over walls and turning her riposte into a spellshield is going to "fix" her? You're delusional my friend, so very delusional
    Signature by Tacy :]

Deleted

Vayne: Actually a nerf. Her lategame is too good, to put it simply. True damage % damage is just too good. She doesn't even need to be fed to destroy lategame.
    I don´t really agree, her laning isn´t very strong to begin with.

Sure, her damage is insane, but her range is so short she can easily get focused down. She does synergies really well with high CC teams though. I´m suprised you didn´t mention Kog Maw though, his damage is very similiar with a higher range.

Champion: Evelynn

Fixing: Everything

Change1: Her passive. It's stupid. Now grants bonus AP on kill or assist and increases her movement speed while stealthed by 25

Change2: Her Shadow Walk, instead of slowing target for 3 seconds, it now stuns for 1.5

Change3: Her Ult, instead of granting attack speed as one of its one use effects, it now reduces her Ravage to a 4 sec cd for the duration of the ult(max cdr would only allow it to go down to 6.4 sec)

10+ Year Old Account
    Which means you just turned her into a complete pub stomper and newby ravager. Not good.

--

Tristana: Rocket Jump now is an actual jump and not a buggy piece of crap where you can get flung or caught in a Caitlyn trap halfway.

Deleted
    Evelynn

Passive: Now reduces all basic attacks instead of those by minions. (Obviously with a changed percentage)

Shadow Walk: Now stuns for 1.5 seconds.

Hate Spike: Replace this spell with anything else, doesn't matter what. I'd rather have them call it "Sheen/Lich proccer" and have there be no actual effect because it's so incredibly pontless.

And there you go, all you need to do to make Eve viable for at least pubs again.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-05-08 at 04:14 PM.

Nidalee- played her a lot of dominion because she's fun. Not great, but potentially very good.
    Spear- scales off % dmg. hits with higher mid dmg but with lower max, or has a faster projectile speed. The effort to land vs. ability to mitigate is way disproportionate. So easy to dodge and unreliable, shouldn't be tankable and ingored by unskilled played. even when landed, doesn't necessarily compare to on demand burst.
    Takedown - scales off higher of Ap or AD.
    Cugar Form -available earlier.
    Pounce - Jumps in direction of cursor.

Delete Evelynn and gimme back the IP I spent on her? I've given up on Riot fixing her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Evelynn

Passive: Now reduces all basic attacks instead of those by minions. (Obviously with a changed percentage)

Shadow Walk: Now stuns for 1.5 seconds.

Hate Spike: Replace this spell with anything else, doesn't matter what. I'd rather have them call it "Sheen/Lich proccer" and have there be no actual effect because it's so incredibly pontless.

And there you go, all you need to do to make Eve viable for at least pubs again.
    I think making her passive apply to neutral minions would be enough of a temporary fix, since it would let her jungle decently.

You can't really do any more without reworking stealth. She's broken for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thigrai View Post
    So you believe that buffing her passive sixfold, giving her a dash that can go over walls and turning her riposte into a spellshield is going to "fix" her? You're delusional my friend, so very delusional
    myeh, it's a bit overkill sure, I wouldn't want them to put ALL of the changes in, but one or two would be enough.

tbh you could improve her passive 6x and it still wouldn't be OP, because at the moment it's all but pointless. Even fully stacked against champs, it's currently 100 health over 6 seconds, that's NOTHING, by that stage I'm hitting for about 200/300 1.5 times a second, and that's stacking Lifedrain, not AD. 600 over 6 seconds may be a little much... maybe make it not stack? 25 health a second for 6 seconds in 150 health, not much at all, but better than now.

Riposte wouldn't ignore collision, you would not be able to jump walls with it, that would be a little TOO good.

It would only last 1.5 seconds, and only reflect the first hit, I'd say that's pretty balanced, and more importantly CRAZY easy to avoid, as the graphic is pretty obvious.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30