Thread: Fix a Champ!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I think making her passive apply to neutral minions would be enough of a temporary fix, since it would let her jungle decently.

You can't really do any more without reworking stealth. She's broken for a reason.
    Honestly, her stun was fine as it was. You spent 125 gold and almost completely nullified the entirety of that champion. If the passive also worked for jungle creeps so she could farm (on an about Pantheon level I'd say) in the jungle while the enemy has pink wards up, she'd be even better off.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-05-08 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    I don´t really agree, her laning isn´t very strong to begin with.

Sure, her damage is insane, but her range is so short she can easily get focused down. She does synergies really well with high CC teams though. I´m suprised you didn´t mention Kog Maw though, his damage is very similiar with a higher range.
    Exactly though, maybe I didn't explain too well.

In my opinion, Vayne is too inconsistant. Okay, her laning is pretty awful for so many reasons, and her early game is pretty weak and she has little early game TF presence. HOWEVER, lategame she becomes a beast. What this means is that, playing Vayne, you either survive the laning phase with a decent CS, and maybe a few kills, and then DOMINATE lategame, or you have a really hard, really bad laning phase and you fall off and become absolutely useless. You don't see a middle ground Vayne, and I think that is a problem. They talked a lot about Master Yi having this problem, and I really think that Vayne has exactly the same thing but they have not even attempted to address it like they did with Yi.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is that Yi is going to stomped much more often due to being melee. Even if Vayne is short range, it's still better than no range at all especially when combined with Tumble and her ulti granting her mini stealth.

Drag out the game long enough and she will still murder you. Drag out the game long enough and Yi will still crumble to CC as he will always be in range of that CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Increase the range of Karma's autoattack, it's got some of the worst range in the game and for no reason. It doesn't matter that much since it hits for crap, but QoL and all that.

Increase The width/length of Heavenly Wave, it's her bread and butter move and the effect are good but it's made to hit multiple people and it barely does.

Increase the radius of effect on Spirit Bond so she isn't so reliant on absolutely perfect positioning b everyone (on both teams).

And finally, lower the (base) CD on Mantra to around 24 secs (it's 29 right now) so she doesn't have to stack almost all CDR in every build she has.

Oh, and a Legendary skin or three to celebrate the revamp. <3
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    Increase the range of Karma's autoattack, it's got some of the worst range in the game and for no reason. It doesn't matter that much since it hits for crap, but QoL and all that.

Increase The width/length of Heavenly Wave, it's her bread and butter move and the effect are good but it's made to hit multiple people and it barely does.

Increase the radius of effect on Spirit Bond so she isn't so reliant on absolutely perfect positioning b everyone (on both teams).

And finally, lower the (base) CD on Mantra to around 24 secs (it's 29 right now) so she doesn't have to stack almost all CDR in every build she has.

Totally agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    without knowing what i am doing (i don't play ranked):

vaigar:

- baleful strike: cd 5 sec at all lvls. if an enemy is killed by baleful strike the cd is reduced by 50% and 50% of the manacost is refunded (to make it easier to harass and farm ap early game. lategame it should be roughly the same.)

- event horizon: reduce the radius but make the "ring" unpassable terrain (like j4 ult). all enemies walking into the "wall" or getting hit on cast are stuned.

(- dark matter: increase radius of impact slightly and increase the time till it hits to 1,5 sec. if event horizon is active dark matter is automatically cast in the middle of the horizon (regardless of distance) and deals x% bonus damage.) not shure about it but sounds fun.

viktor:

- death ray and gravity field: reduce manacost at lower lvls.

- overhaul evolving technology:
    rank 1 -- 10 ap and 1 ap per lvl
    rank 2 -- choose between the existing upgrades (ray, field, swap). ap per lvl increased to 2. (ONLY skill upgrade no other boni)
    rank 3 -- choose one unique ACTIVE ability from any item (deathfire, hourglas, shurelias etc) ap per lvl increased to 3.
    rank 4 -- choose between bonus healt, mana, armor and magic resist. ap per lvl increased to 4.
    rank 5 -- choose one unique PASSIVE ability from any item (void staff, deathcap, wota, banshees etc). ap per lvl increased to 5.

at lvl 18 you would have 100 ap, bonus healt/mana/etc, one active and one passive ability. so instead of removing one item slot you GAIN one (in a weaker form). price for a full rank 5 staff could be around 4-5k gold depending on the upgrades bought (or less perhaps).
    Last edited by Sharde; 2012-05-10 at 02:51 AM.

Teemo: Auto attack range increased slightly.

Orianna: Command: Attack movement speed slightly increased.

They should standardize and update unit collision sizes and make narrow passages less glitchy. It's a mess with some champions, Jax is a prime example. Also, skill shots would profit from this.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    Maybe this will sound trollish...
    Make every possible hard CC either delayed AE effect or skillshot :d.

As much as I like playing champions like Taric or Soraka, this kind of CC is not even fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Maybe this will sound trollish...
    Make every possible hard CC either delayed AE effect or skillshot :d.

As much as I like playing champions like Taric or Soraka, this kind of CC is not even fun.
    after having spent 50% of the last game in CC, even with Tenacity 35 and QSS I agree with this post
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post

They need to completely rework Mantra. Right now it's just simply, press R before a skill and it's better. The amount of thought needed for it is pretty little. I would much rather see R change the spell, so it has positives and negatives so to speak.

As an example, double the base of the slow by default. Right now it's hardly worth leveling after rank 1, as it's only 2% per level. However, if you choose to mantra it, you half the speed increase/decrease but apply a heal/damage over time effect while ever you remain attached to your target. See now you have to make a choice, do you need the full speed increase to escape, or could you get away with a smaller increase and heal while at it.

Also Mantra needs to stack more than twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharde View Post
    without knowing what i am doing (i don't play ranked):

vaigar:

- baleful strike: cd 5 sec at all lvls. if an enemy is killed by baleful strike the cd is reduced by 50% and 50% of the manacost is refunded (to make it easier to harass and farm ap early game. lategame it should be roughly the same.)

- event horizon: reduce the radius but make the "ring" unpassable terrain (like j4 ult). all enemies walking into the "wall" or getting hit on cast are stuned.

(- dark matter: increase radius of impact slightly and increase the time till it hits to 1,5 sec. if event horizon is active dark matter is automatically cast in the middle of the horizon (regardless of distance) and deals x% bonus damage.) not shure about it but sounds fun.

viktor:

- death ray and gravity field: reduce manacost at lower lvls.

- overhaul evolving technology:
    rank 1 -- 10 ap and 1 ap per lvl
    rank 2 -- choose between the existing upgrades (ray, field, swap). ap per lvl increased to 2. (ONLY skill upgrade no other boni)
    rank 3 -- choose one unique ACTIVE ability from any item (deathfire, hourglas, shurelias etc) ap per lvl increased to 3.
    rank 4 -- choose between bonus healt, mana, armor and magic resist. ap per lvl increased to 4.
    rank 5 -- choose one unique PASSIVE ability from any item (void staff, deathcap, wota, banshees etc). ap per lvl increased to 5.

at lvl 18 you would have 100 ap, bonus healt/mana/etc, one active and one passive ability. so instead of removing one item slot you GAIN one (in a weaker form). price for a full rank 5 staff could be around 4-5k gold depending on the upgrades bought (or less perhaps).
    Those veigar changes would be terrible. Just sayn. Veigar is deadly due to his burst combo, which requires landing the stun and than hitting all your combo right. He's weak early game (sub level 9-10) anyways. No changes that you listed would be good.