Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

RBGs as a Hunter.

True story that just hapened to me.

Randomdudex - LFM 2200+ RBGS BLABLABLASPAMSPAMBLABLA
    Me - I'll come, here's my realid : blablablabla, 2500+ xp grand marshal, can easily replace a DK in a dotcleave.
    Randomdudex - k log over
    *Loggedover*
    *Randomdudex has added you to realID*
    Randomdudex - Wait hunter? LOLNO
    *Randomdudex has gone offline*
    Me - /logout

Seriously sick of this garbage season.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-05-09 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post

Seriously sick of this garbage season.

THIS garbage season?

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    THIS garbage season?
    Idk, had fun in S9/10. Not saying its an amazing xpack by any means but fucking s11 reached a new low.

I suppose. We could at least PLAY in previous seasons, even if we were still the worst rbg class.

Lol has happened to me before. I say fuck em if you're gonna judge me because of my class and not based on my skills I don't really want to join that group anyway.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

15+ Year Old Account
    Woah id be to scared to even type delete in that box, very ballsy. OT though that realy sucks im looking to play hunter from now on re-rolling from warrior, especially come MOP with the account wide achievments, so hopefully RBGS are more hunter viable come then.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    Woah id be to scared to even type delete in that box, very ballsy. OT though that realy sucks im looking to play hunter from now on re-rolling from warrior, especially come MOP with the account wide achievments, so hopefully RBGS are more hunter viable come then.
    All you would have to do is petition a gm and they would restore it. Wow is practically idiot-proof these days.

-----------

I made my own RBG teams back in the beginning of cata, because no one wanted hunters. Hunters were a LOT worse then than they are now. This was back before MM buffs and SV was the dominant PvP spec, if that tells you anything.

If you really don't know how bad it was then, think of this: The current SV is identical to pre-4.06 SV, except in terms of several abilities damage scaling (explosive shot, as an example). All the mechanics were identical.

And SV is currently the worst spec IN. THE. GAME. for PvP.

And with the same mechanics, SV was the best hunter spec in 4.03. Yeah, it was that bad.

All you would have to do is petition a gm and they would restore it. Wow is practically idiot-proof these days.

-----------

I made my own RBG teams back in the beginning of cata, because no one wanted hunters. Hunters were a LOT worse then than they are now. This was back before MM buffs and SV was the dominant PvP spec, if that tells you anything.

If you really don't know how bad it was then, think of this: The current SV is identical to pre-4.06 SV, except in terms of several abilities damage scaling (explosive shot, as an example). All the mechanics were identical.

And SV is currently the worst spec IN. THE. GAME. for PvP.

And with the same mechanics, SV was the best hunter spec in 4.03. Yeah, it was that bad.
    I played back then, i remember, i got 2200 as PHD as survival during that period, i didn't even have any interest in rbgs back then, i got grand marshal months later as MM. I have like 95 days /played at 85, i've seen everything of cata a a Hunter in both pve and pvp, just started dicking around with alts recently cause of boredom. We're in a decent spot pvp wise if you can convince people to actually play with a Hunter, but in RBGs, thing weren't EVER as bad as they are now simply because of the dotcleave-mania and shitty pve trinkets like cunning.

Btw, Survival is actually pretty good damage/controle in RBGs atm, its prolly one of the most overlooked spec in the game atm, if not the most. Its complete shit for arena tough.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-05-09 at 10:44 PM.

See the thing about hunters is..

We really ARE fine. We are. I mean that with no trolling what-so-ever.

We are literally a beacon of how a class should be balanced, skill is actually REWARDED with a substantial boost in performance, much to a larger extent than any other class. Our CC's are potent, but they take more skill than other classes, we have one of the hardest dps rotations in PvP, but we have amazing burst, our survival is directly related to how well we play.

Because of that, Blizzard won't buff us.

So, that was all fine and dandy back in vanilla and BC, but what happened was all the other classes started pulling ahead. It has come to a point where this golden design of a class, this icon of what EVERY class should be, is now practically impossible to compete with other classes, simply because everything we do can be done by everyone else, but better.

Simple fact is, All the other classes are more forgiving to play than hunters, which is why they are more well represented. Only the top 1% can even play a hunter effectively. That is a VERY good design philosophy, to reward skill, but the problem is that it currently only applies to one class. In this situation, the design philosophy is incredibly flawed.

Blizzard's other design philosophy, which they clearly stated, is that they should buff up, and not down. What that means is that if a class is powerful, they fix it by buffing everyone else up to their level, because everyone likes to get buffed, but no one likes to get nerfed. While a good idea on paper, it resulted in an inevitable arms race, which left hunters in the dust.

So, the real way to fix hunters is simply to give every other class mechanics that are actually intuitive and challenging, but they would never do that since it would directly nerf the majority of the population which are frankly, not capable enough to play at that level, and it goes against their design philosophy. Conversely, the only solution is to buff hunters, which they won't do because the 1% is powerful, and thus we are stuck in a stagnant state in which we have to play 5x as hard as everyone else for the same results. The only real way they could buff us would be to dumb our class down to level, which most players would quit because of it, since it would result in significant playstyle changes.

Blizzard needs to get off their high horses and not worry about hurting someone's feelings. When frost mages were stupidly overpowered, they shouldn't have spend an entire expansion trying to bring everyone up to level to avoid mage tears, they should just nerf mages.

Deleted
    made 2,2k almost 2,3k with my hunter with some friends , it isn't hard and certain;y fun but we quited or well , they for the summer inc

I agree, worse part is i don't mind having to try harder than others to play on their level. But how i'm suposed to convince 1/2/4/9 other people to actually deal with that when they can bring a much more forgiving class?

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    made 2,2k almost 2,3k with my hunter with some friends , it isn't hard and certain;y fun but we quited or well , they for the summer inc
    My friends quit or are still horde and i can't xfer due to pve commitment. Not saying its impossible to actually get rating as a hunter, its just borderline impossible to actually get into a group unless its close friends.

I'm 2058 cr in the handful of games i managed to do this season playing with friends, but they don't play much if at all anymore, what i'm suposed to do? Pug. Jk, braindead dotcleave sheeps don't want hunters.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-05-09 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree with everything said in this thread, and I only dabble in a bit of casual pvp from time to time, if at all (when I do pvp though, I tend to be very competitive, top damage/kills etc). I hate how we have to work harder than everyone else at everything. Everyone else can defend themselves by pushing a button, we have 1 button for defense (deterrence, which is poor atm) and the alternative is called run the fuck away. Everyone else can CC at the push of a button, while we have to scatter shot, press trap launcher, press trap, move the mouse (already a bad thing) then pray it doesn't miss/resist. Hopefully the changes in MoP will alleviate some of this pressure on hunters to outperform everyone to achieve the same thing, but we are yet to see since level 90 on beta isn't available yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I agree, worse part is i don't mind having to try harder than others to play on their level. But how i'm suposed to convince 1/2/4/9 other people to actually deal with that when they can bring a much more forgiving class?

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 10:58 PM ----------

My friends quit or are still horde and i can't xfer due to pve commitment. Not saying its impossible to actually get rating as a hunter, its just borderline impossible to actually get into a group unless its close friends.

I'm 2058 cr in the handful of games i managed to do this season playing with friends, but they don't play much if at all anymore, what i'm suposed to do? Pug. Jk, braindead dotcleave sheeps don't want hunters.

true m8 i have the same prob with puggs

15+ Year Old Account
    See the thing about hunters is..

We really ARE fine. We are. I mean that with no trolling what-so-ever.

We are literally a beacon of how a class should be balanced, skill is actually REWARDED with a substantial boost in performance, much to a larger extent than any other class. Our CC's are potent, but they take more skill than other classes, we have one of the hardest dps rotations in PvP, but we have amazing burst, our survival is directly related to how well we play.
    This is pretty much how i feel about my hunter which is probably why i enjoy playing it so much, i wanted to say it, but you said it great. Im just wondering, what spec your refering to though?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    This is pretty much how i feel about my hunter which is probably why i enjoy playing it so much, i wanted to say it, but you said it great. Im just wondering, what spec your refering to though?
    MM, of course.

The other specs are terrible.

I don't really understand why some people are complaining about the need to put more effort to do the same thing as other classes. That's literally one of the reason I love hunter and I wouldn't play anymore if it became a zerglolclass *cough dk's cough*.

I think the right reasons to complain is when an actual mechanic is dodgy, like traps that used to get resisted, Master's Call bugged, and bleeds breaking all our cc's (And soon: our attacks getting dodged, yay )

And for Rbg, I think the solution is to find a good guild ;D

Deleted
    Our CC's are potent, but they take more skill than other classes, we have one of the hardest dps rotations in PvP, but we have amazing burst.
    There is nothing more faceroll than hunter CC, 0 casted 0 setup, Literally monkey blind into trap into scatter into silencing shot, Pressing 4 keys at select intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicc View Post
    There is nothing more faceroll than hunter CC, 0 casted 0 setup, Literally monkey blind into trap into scatter into silencing shot, Pressing 4 keys at select intervals.
    A Mage telling a Hunter he is faceroll. Good attempt, but we all know you are just a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I agree, traps are most faceroll of all CC in the game. Dem' damn traps are way to easy to use!

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 12:48 PM ----------

MM, of course.

The other specs are terrible.
    Depends on what you want to do in PvP, I suppose.
    Alto I agree its the best spec in rated PvP by far.

Translation: I hate when a good hunter fucks me with his instant CC and I'm too bad to get out of it.