Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im an Elitist so honestly I would fully support a Guild that wanted Loyality within thier ranks and have a no multiple guild rule. As far as Guild Colors aslong as it looks good im fine with that, but try making me look like a fluffy pink bunny and im going to another Guild...

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    And if you want to be with X people in X guild, Y people in Y guild, and Z people in Z guild... you can. Without excluding the other two.
    Sitting on three chairs at the same time tends to be quite uncomfortable. Both in real life and virtual one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Sitting on three chairs at the same time tends to be quite uncomfortable. Both in real life and virtual one.
    You won't be on three chairs at the same time. You can only represent one guild at a time, and only show as online in the guild you're representing.

Let's put it in WoW terms. Let's pretend you can be in 3 guilds in WoW, and let's pretend raids don't have lockouts.
    • Tuesday, raid night with guild X - my other two guilds have nothing scheduled because most people are too busy (including me!). I represent guild X that night, as I run through Dragon Soul with them.
    • Wednesday, for whatever reason, is not a raid night with guild X. But hey, guild Y has Wednesday as their first raid night! I represent guild Y that night, as I run Dragon Soul with them. Again, guild X and guild Z have nothing scheduled.
    • Thursday: entirely an off night, no raids scheduled, so when I jump online I represent guild Z, just because I feel like it (or maybe because nobody in the other two guilds are online for off nights anyways), and go do some random BGs or 5-mans with them. Or maybe my arena team with guild Z decides to do our matches that night instead of over the weekend.
    • Friday, second raid night of guild X. I represent guild X again, going through the rest of Dragon Soul, and nobody is the wiser! We're done with Dragon Soul now, so nothing to do for the whole weekend.
    • Saturday is when guild Y has optional scheduled rated BGs, so I decide to go participate in that for the fun. If I didn't feel like PvP, I could just log on, represent either of the other two guilds, and go do something else.
    • Sunday, guild Y and guild Z both have events planned. Guild Y is finishing up Dragon Soul, while guild Z is doing... let's say just for the hell of it, they scheduled a one-day-only pug raid that night. Here I obviously make a choice. Having done the whole instance already with guild X, I don't feel obliged to do guild Y's raid, simply because I've killed every boss that week already. But doing guild Z's raid is a pug raid, which may not go well. So here I obviously make a choice, but either way, I'm going with ONE group, and telling the other group I'm busy (which is technically true).

Obviously, going with multiple "hardcore" guilds can be a scheduling nightmare, but it's something many people do using multiple toons, without anybody having any clue about it. The only difference is that in GW2 you can do all that from one toon, and if somebody sees you running around representing a different guild, they would actually notice.

I ran into Mif once when I was choosing not to represent MMOC by being Invisible, and we said hi, and we both went on our merry way. I'm sure if you make the mistake of joining an elitist guild that refuses to let you guild with anybody else, you'll actually have to work hard and avoid that.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-07 at 06:58 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I will never join a guild that requires "loyalty" such as being in the single guild or using a special "dye theme." I don't need to associate with people who think they need to be in charge over the internet.
    ^---- I love roleplaying (For some reason I've noticed a strong ''can be part of one guild only'' standpoint in the roleplay community in MMOs), but I'm not into the whole uniform and ''single guild'' craze, I play a game to have fun and I'm intending on playing the game my own way, not the way someone else wants me to xD
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-05-07 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    but the chairs dont get uncomfortable, just the person sitting on the chairs
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I will never join a guild that requires "loyalty" such as being in the single guild or using a special "dye theme." I don't need to associate with people who think they need to be in charge over the internet.
    Are you kidding? I love the idea of everybody in Team Legacy storming up to a castle all wearing the same uniform. Sounds fearsome

But that's going to be put to a guild vote. More the likely we'll not require any special dye setups except for special occasions (guild photos or official Seiges). We'll see how it works out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    Are you kidding? I love the idea of everybody in Team Legacy storming up to a castle all wearing the same uniform. Sounds fearsome

But that's going to be put to a guild vote. More the likely we'll not require any special dye setups except for special occasions (guild photos or official Seiges). We'll see how it works out
    but... my black/red thing... its mines...
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically this. The thought of joining such self entitled people in a guild makes me shudder. I would stay far away from even their guild recruitment messages.

The same reason I never have and never will join an RP server on any MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Games with multiple guilds per character have been around for a very long time. FFXI is rolling up on it's 10th anniversary and was boasting multiple "shells" since it's launch.

Drama doesn't come from a feature; it comes from dramatic people. Look at it this way, it'll just make it easier to discover the people you shouldn't be associating with early.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Silly bookahs thinking of guilds in outdated wow terms.
    GW2 guilds are more like clubs you're a member of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on having a main big guild where I will do all my main activities on, then having minor guilds with different friends. Just so I am not split apart on having them pull me every which way for separate things in game.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-05-07 at 08:42 PM. Reason: No one saw anything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    But, but, but - what will all the people who desperately need to be in charge do?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    But, but, but - what will all the people who desperately need to be in charge do?!
    create their own guilds

with hookers... and blackjack
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Totally agree with Vexies and Lucky. 100% true in my opinion. But to each their own.

no online asshole paid for my copy of gw2, so no online asshole has a damned thing to say about how i run this game. nuff said

Deleted
    Good for you if you can see it that way. I see it as one minute you are a Miami Heat fan and the next minute you turn your back on them and a be Dallas Mavericks fan.

And it is not WoW terms, this has been there a loooong time before WoW, which does not mean it can change but it is surely not outdated.... just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Good for you if you can see it that way. I see it as one minute you are a Miami Heat fan and the next minute you turn your back on them and a be Dallas Mavericks fan.

And it is not WoW terms, this has been there a loooong time before WoW, which does not mean it can change but it is surely not outdated.... just saying.
    entertained you used miami heat in an example about loyalty after the whole thing lebron did just to leave Cleveland...
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    I see it as one minute you are a Miami Heat fan and the next minute you turn your back on them and a be Dallas Mavericks fan.
    More like a Miami Heat fan, a Seattle Mariners fan and a Greenbay Packers fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    More like a Miami Heat fan, a Seattle Mariners fan and a Greenbay Packers fan.
    I love you Mif. Brohug!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I love you Mif. Brohug!
    why no response to my snappy comment? i am le sad
    The Original Ganksta