Poll: What is your favourite thing about being a Warlock?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your favourite thing about being a Warlock

Well, with a ridiculous amount of changes coming in MoP, I thought we could discuss what our favourite things about being a Warlock are ^^

For me, it's turning into a big-ass demon, doing ridiculous amount of burst and having rotational complexity

Deleted
    Love warlocks because they got tons of buttons and clearly some of the hardest rotations.

It was SL. I remember just tagging as many mobs as I could and sl dl spamming those were the days.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    locks got more fun spells than let us say ... Mages.

yes, I went there.

This is so true, I just levelled a Mage and I was so surprised at how simple their rotation is xD

None of these when I really get down to it. For me it has more to do with the fact that I don't like self righteousness, something Warlocks clearly are not. I also like casters because I like the idea behind fighting with your intellect rather than your muscles.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

For me its the mount. It was a pain in the ass to get and required a few ppl helping me with the final part, which I also got on my birthday making it that much cooler. As far as combat stuff goes DI is awesome and I love fearing things on my lock. I normally only do pvp with it now or older raids kinda screwing around with ppl and I love to fear something into the next room and watch 1 to 5 extra groups sneak over to us and turn a hum drum Ulduar or something into a few seconds of ppl trying to live and kill things faster.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Rotational Complexity, Multi-dotting,Big-ass Demon Form (Demo) and demons( are so cool the new pets).

I like to have a rotatational Complexity, not like some characters that I played you only need to press 3-4 buttons with 1-2 cooldowns to use. But the fact of liking a complex rotation speed does not mean having a broke one.

I do not want to escape this topic,we have loads of topics to speak about other stuffs.

I love the fact that I can multi-dot everthing! Being able to transform into a demon it's the best spells ever on wow. And ofc having demons to fight next to you, it's hilarous, not animals(hunter's pets), but cool demons that we summon and control!

<3 My lock, I can't even think to reroll another class.

PS: I have alts nowdays I don't like to play with them.
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-05-07 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kai zayin View Post
    None of these when I really get down to it. For me it has more to do with the fact that I don't like self righteousness, something Warlocks clearly are not. I also like casters because I like the idea behind fighting with your intellect rather than your muscles.
    They are probably one of the most self-righteous of any class lorewise. Since they entirely disregard the fact that demonic magic is forbidden and practice it anyway, and act as though they can never be swayed.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Lore and pets (if they aren't bugged) are pretty awesome. Rotational Complexity I guess is good, but I feel we have too many buttons (note that complexity need not equate to "lots of buttons" - the former requires thinking, the latter requires good hardware).

Demonic Teleport is one of my favorite abilities in the game - it is a simple to use, but very hard to master ability that truly separates good warlocks from the average. Demon Form and Execute are the reasons I play Demonology and Affliction, as well as multi-dot potential in PvE and PvP. While frustrating at times especially in 1v1 and 2v2, the control a warlock offers in PvP is really, really good and I enjoy doing arenas and battlegrounds as much as raid.

I like the fluidity of the class, all the cc, and multi dotting. The only spec I'm not fond of is Destruction, because it seems a bit clunky, but that would probably be different if I had the PVE set on my lock that made instant Soulburn Soulfire's grant a Soul Shard instead of costing one. I just hate sticking in a 2.5 second cast in a fast pace spec. Demo and Afflic are extremely fluid though.

Spell animations are fantastic too, right up at the top with Shamans.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-05-07 at 12:17 PM.

Deleted
    not a lock myself (played one tho in BC times SL/SL build ohhh the memories! =P) anyways just to say Locks are in my opinion one of the most awesome classes lorewise. plus they have a gland that emanates badassery from every spore. true story

i remember the first thing i read about the warlock description, i fell in love with their niche.
    mages who dwell in demonic arts. they relish suffering and promise their foes a slow, painful death. not even their afterlife provides comfort as their souls are ensnared and consumed. with demonic minions to do their bidding, a warlock sadistically controls and subdues everything.

multi dotting......draining life sources to sustain my own, controlling uncontrollable beings, sucking the souls out off noses.....inciting fear and administering burdening curses.........gosh i love warlocks!
    Peace, the number 1 reason for War.
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

i believe that locks are simply the coolest class in the game, not only by looks(human), but also abilities. demon form is also very cool looking. this is why i have no alts.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    Lore and pets (if they aren't bugged) are pretty awesome. Rotational Complexity I guess is good, but I feel we have too many buttons (note that complexity need not equate to "lots of buttons" - the former requires thinking, the latter requires good hardware).

Demonic Teleport is one of my favorite abilities in the game - it is a simple to use, but very hard to master ability that truly separates good warlocks from the average. Demon Form and Execute are the reasons I play Demonology and Affliction, as well as multi-dot potential in PvE and PvP. While frustrating at times especially in 1v1 and 2v2, the control a warlock offers in PvP is really, really good and I enjoy doing arenas and battlegrounds as much as raid.
    ganna have to disagree with pve multidot potential. locks are behind spriests and boomkins atm in pve multidotting. this will be even more true in mop

In T11 and even some of T12 multidot was rather strong.

It's sad to see it fall behind, but hopefully in MOP we will keep AoE abilities while getting some burst back. One of my least favorite aspects of the class, as I'm sure you've read in numerous rants of mine, is our lack of flexibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valley of Strength, Orgrimmar Also Oklahoma
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post

yes, I went there.
    Lol so true!

i have CotC Heroic

almost died from a heart attack when its drops x.x

15+ Year Old Account
    I just love being a dark and demonic caster. Charging up deadly spells, looking evil, and having everything be within a dark/shadowy wizard/witch theme is just right up my alley. I love Warlocks so much.

I honestly dont know why i love lock. It could be the darkness but if it was i would like spriest too.

Dunno locks are just awesome, lol

is "EVERY GOD DAMN THING" a thing ?

then i choose that.
    Be feared, or be fuel