Low framerate on WoW. (Radeon HD 6770)

I've been having very low fps over the past 2 weeks or so. (20-30fps) It displeases me knowing that I think my computer can handle this game 2 times over this shouldnt be a problem. for reference, I maxed out all of WoWs settings

My specs are:
    Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.50ghz
    12GB Duel channel DDR3@ 665mhz
    Radeon HD 6770

I tried restarting computer, cleaning out files and directories and nothing works. I was wondering if you guys can help me out since I really have no where else to go in terms of help.

Did you have better framerates 2 weeks ago? That video card is not very powerful at all, but WoW doesn't need the best.

Deleted
    Did you remove, install or update anything around the time the problem started? Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling gpu drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Raykus View Post
    Did you remove, install or update anything around the time the problem started? Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling gpu drivers?
    I did have a cataclyst control center update but that was it. I haven't tried uninstalling drivers though

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried running WoW with 0 addons since the framerate issue?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You probably updated the game profiles to a more demanding setting, check your 3d aplication settings on CCC.

Yeah while I don't have all settings maxed on ultra, my 5770 runs better than that! Could be a new driver you recently installed. Try rolling back your drivers to the previous ones!

I noticed AMD overdrive was on. I dont know how but I turned it off. Set everything to defaults on CCC. im going to restart computer, check performance. and tell you guys if I improved

Deleted
    Are you running wow in 64bit? Helped my fps alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrokee View Post
    Are you running wow in 64bit? Helped my fps alot.
    yes

Well nothing really changed after all my fixes and tweaks. only slightly but 2 or 5 fps.

6770 isn't gonna go past 30 FPS in most situations if you're maxing shadows and multisampling. You simply can't expect better than that from such a low end card.

I have a feeling that you were running different settings (mainly multisampling or shadows) before you saw the FPS drop.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't be maxing shadows or multisampling in any case. Ultra shadows is hillarious because it literally TROLLS you with the "tee hee I'm going to use more than 60% of your CPU/GPU but give you crappy framerates anyway", and you don't need more than 2-4x multisample to get rid of all the jaggies.

Also nobody asked OP what resolution he's running, probably the single-most important factor in WoW and GPU usage.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The newest drivers (2.4) are ridiculously buggy. Roll back to your previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Also nobody asked OP what resolution he's running, probably the single-most important factor in WoW and GPU usage.
    1920 x 1080.

just now I toggled shadow to High instead of Ultra and gained 10+ fps. Right now this does seem like the settings I was on a few weeks ago judging by the feel and now im running at.
    Last edited by zeldera; 2012-05-07 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it was Shadows -_-
    Even with an overclocked i5 2500K + GTX580 I keep shadows to "Fair". The visual difference that high/ultra gives is nowhere near worth the huge performance loss. During stressful raids you will also want to turn Particle Density down because having 25 people casting flashy spell animations is something the game engine just isn't optimized for.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze