Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question what do you miss most about vanilla?

for me its the the fact that people actually knew who you were (if u were geared) and watching drones of people surround your character because there inspecting your epics.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    World pvp. Southshore and barren mill, damn I miss those times

that everything was new and shiny, now its cool and alot of stuffs but not so new.

meehh seriously, the simple thing that u had to run long distances to reach point a and b due to the lack of many flypaths, u could actually gank ppl and see the world it self

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the feeling of being one big community. Now we're so fractured between pvp and pve, casual and hardcore, doomsayers and fanbois that it feels like you're on an island in a sea of islands.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

40 man Raids, fast paced PvP, high skill cap to get gear
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Community, Social Game, Hard content, World PvP, Originality etc etc :P

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    Community, Social Game, Hard content, World PvP, Originality etc etc :P
    If you think the content in classic was hard, then you never played classic.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2012-05-07 at 10:35 PM.

"WoW magic". Too bad there's nothing that can bring it back.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

- random skirmishes at Tyr's Hand (some of the most awesome gaming moments ever for me)
    - fucking around in xroads (for hooours and hooouuurs, i would skip raids just to fuck around in xroads) (for horde i think sentinel's hill was the equivalent)
    - community (no race/faction change, no cross-server shit etc.)
    - 40 man raids (nuff said bitches, 40>25)

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    "WoW magic". Too bad there's nothing that can bring it back.
    and this
    Last edited by Joey Ray III; 2012-05-07 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    +1 for Southshore / Barren Mill. Epics being something actually rare. Small numbers (dps). Social aspect.

Deleted
    I miss the people i use to play with rather than anything else.

Cooking gnomes on the BBQ...

Oh wait that was just a dream. ;(

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I miss the feeling of being one big community..
    Knowing everyone of note from both factions is the thing I miss the most. Sitting around in our server's IRC channel and organizing PVP groups or trash talking the opposing faction, etc. 40man raids were a huge headache and moving to 25man in TBC it became immediately apparent just how bad some of our raiders were.

Graveyard zergs for world bosses were also a blast, regardless of which side had the upper hand. Crashing the server while doing this wasn't always as enjoyable, unless it was to stop alliance from moving forward in their scepter questlines.

Things I definitely DO NOT miss:
    - stacking shamans for our first few Viscidus kills. If we didn't have the optimal number of shaman or frost mages we skipped the boss. Likewise, people failed on Ouro so we normally skipped it and I hated skipping bosses.
    - much like shamans with Viscidus, having to cancel raids if we didn't have enough warriors for 4 Horsemen.
    - having a wife, 2 kids and a job and trying to find a few minutes to farm mats for food/flasks/potions when we were able to stack buffs. Long gone are the days of holding up a raid while our tanks all head to the barrens to turn in shards or w/e for buffs and get summoned back.
    - raiding more than 2 days a week on a single character to stay competitive with other guilds in the US

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    C'thun and 4 Horsemen....hell all of naxx...

Say hi

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old AV is the only thing I'll ever miss and possibly, Extremely ''Big looking'' raid instances such as AQ 40

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    naxx and aq40 had difficult encouter for vanilla wow, but people now are used to those mecanics so they seem simple, but when a lot of people played without addons and didn't know their class aswell as people do now, also the lack of accesible and good guides made it harder for progressing guilds, now you can easily see all tactics, and you are used to mechanics which makes a lot of bosses easier although they are more complex then back then, i also remeber the 2 first bosses in bwl being a pain for a lot of guilds, especially when you lacked good kitters and good tanks.

Oh and also if you pretend all bosses back in vanilla were easy you weren't around, or your just trying to boost your epeen, because as i remember most guilds didn't just faceroll stomp over all the raids or outdoor bosses for that matter.

yeah and the thing i miss is the community all the friends i made back then, still have contacts with a lot of them and we talk on regular basis altough most of them stopped playing wow, now it's just harder to get to know people due to LFR and LFD, you could really make some friends in those 4 hours BRD runs
    Last edited by lolo855; 2012-05-07 at 11:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People wouldn't complain about how bad the game was and say "it was much better in Vanilla".

Real PvE progression. Server communities.

10+ Year Old Account
    The community..