Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    What this guy said.^^^^
    Indeed. I miss people. I have a lot of good memories, like participating in High Warlord grind or killing C'Thun (never killed 4 horsemans). I was in magistrate already when started playing - miss that too.

I do not miss a thing from actual game.

Yeah the people.

The community was always horrible. Ninjaing was a much more commonly used term and it went on all the time in instances before need restrictions were put in place. BoE Ebay toons were more popular too, back when it wasn't a complete waste of an investment to buy a purple level 40 staff or dagger. Most of the LFD problems (chronic stupidity, prima donna tank and/or healer) still existed only it was even less easy/viable to replace them. Oh, and it was fun times running to all of them before summoning stones existed.

The only things servers had that they don't today was bad behavior policing by word-of-mouth. With LFD and now LFR you are essentially anonymous. But in Vanilla, bad people were known or called out often enough that everyone knew the That Guy not to invite to their PuG. No other MMOs, then and now, had a community as unfriendly and vitrolic as this one. I don't know why but ever since Battle.net's earliest inception Blizzard always just has a troupe of screaming monkeys make up a good chunk of their community, regardless of the game.

Deleted
    Well for PvP before X-realm because it was fun as hell with world PvP and when it was only BGs from the same server so you got to know your enemies and so on.

Wallwalking was extremly fun.

Was my first MMO so everything felt big and new but what I have to say when I look back at it the PvE was waaaaaaaay too time consuming.
    I was pretty hardcore (server first guild) and killed everything in vanilla except Sapphiron and Kel Thuzard in Naxx before i quite before TBC. You had to spend shit load of time to get potions, resistance gear and so on. The time to get gear in the early raids when you didnt have tokens could be very annoying. Like drop same shit for weeks that no one need.

But overall it was really fun as it was new.

I just miss the feel of Epic items and such. It's been mentioned before, but one of the few things I miss about vanilla wow, when people used to look up to people who were well geared in AQ40/Naxx items, it seemed so mysterious.

The feeling of not knowing anything. I think WoW was the last MMO to come out without any proper database websites. I know thottbot and others were around but they weren't common place. Since vanilla, every single MMO will have sites like that and anything you don't know you just go look it up. Once you know how to do that you'll never get the feeling of awe back... which is a shame

stale class mechanics and useless specs. pom/pyro deaths. having to gather 40 mouthbreathers to raid. dwarf priests. warrior only tanking. stacking every buff in the entire game to kill one boss. farming mats for hours. grinding and grinding.

o wait nm i was suppose to list things i missed.

I miss everything being new.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed the friends I made and have since separated from throughout the years.

Deleted
    I loved how big the world felt back then, and how much fun it was to explore. I also miss the old 40man raids and how epic it was to actually have epics!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people that apparently played Vanillia think PVP had a skill cap? Things died in 1 hit due to no resilience it was literally CHARGE DEAD or AIM SHOT DEAD <.< Unless the skill your saying involved the entire ''PVP grind'' to HWL or GM which wasn't really skill but rather dedication and time consuming or you can get friends to login your account and let them kill while you sleep which is what actually most people did

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Why do people that apparently played Vanillia think PVP had a skill cap? Things died in 1 hit due to no resilience it was literally CHARGE DEAD or AIM SHOT DEAD <.< Unless the skill your saying involved the entire ''PVP grind'' to HWL or GM which wasn't really skill but rather dedication and time consuming or you can get friends to login your account and let them kill while you sleep which is what actually most people did
    I was never once killed in one shot at 60, not even when facing premades with pots and everything. Not sure where that myth comes from. I did kill a mage with an Aimed Shot at one occasion, though. She wasn't at full health, and was sitting down drinking. Actually, I always felt PvP was more forgiving then, than now. I could be quite competitive as a newly dinged level 60 with green gear. With some skill, I could even take out people with epics, because of the overall crappiness of the gear (even at higher levels) and the balancing system, based on having anti-classes. Today, the gap is way higher between a newly dinged 85 and a well geared player.

Deleted
    1-shotting mages with hunters old Aimes Shot in AV... those were the days...

Deleted
    Not a single thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    People wouldn't complain about how bad the game was and say "it was much better in Vanilla".
    Pretty much this.

I will agree with the whole "Community" thing, though. LFG, LFR and faction changes definitely changed the community to an extreme degree. I still like WoW, though. Honestly though, people complaining about how much better Vanilla was than ________ expansion is much more annoying than the actual changes.

Deleted
    40 man raids
    Alterac Valley (though I was there only few times before x-realm battlegrounds were added)

And most important part: community. I believe that this game is so successful because it created server wide communities. In good old times I had many friends on server, I met many new friends while leveling every new character when doing group quests or dungeons. Now every time I play, I feel like I'm playing single player game with NPCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing.....simple as that