Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraden View Post
    I think the real issue here is that there are balloons floating around that are capable of devouring and digesting biscuits.
    Now that you put it that way... we're all doomed.

On an unrelated note... I think it's best to ignore anything Kevyne posts. He/she/it is living in a fantasy world. Has always been ever since s/he started posting here. Talking to this person is like talking to a brick wall. I was glad that s/he was absent for so long, but all good things must come to an end it seems.

A bit more on-topic: this is an issue that is easily solved by moving your camera a bit. Companions in WoW are quite small unless you feed them biscuits and whatnot. I find it hard to believe any companion, including the balloon, could somehow cause any issue at all.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-05-10 at 04:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necronium View Post
    I almost choked on my chocolate bar. xD Well played, sir.
    Thank you. Sometimes I even give myself the giggles, which can be awkward. Especially out in public, in the library, or during le sexy time...
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    a simple "toggle off pets in dungeons/raids/arena's button" in the interface option should suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to be able to pop the balloon just for the hell of it, only time non-combat pets bother me is in 10 or 25 man raids and over half the raid has them out, I remember using my proto-drake whelp to have a raid marker on back in ICC so people could find me after DBM marked me(was either rotface or festergut, always mix those two up)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Nope, my Skokar cosmetic pet is bigger than most hunter pets in WoW...
    I'm having a very hard time with this, because I'm having a very hard time understanding when oranges both became sentient and gained the ability to turn into apples. You'd think something like that would make news headlines...

Comparing pets in EQ or anything else to anything in WoW doesn't matter because it's not WoW for that reason alone. Comparing the two when the mechanics on how they work is completely different is beyond asinine.

My point with you is keep your ad hominens to yourself
    That's not an ad hominem; christ, if you're going to claim something, at least substantiate it with basic knowledge that you could get from either Google or Wikipedia in a few seconds.

So that means 10.2 million players are you and who you raid with? None of the 10.2 million players can't even have issues with extra pets running around in raids making an already congested area more congested (and causing more lag)?
    This doesn't even make sense because the places that are most congested (i.e. crowded) in WoW are cities, not raids, and cities don't have any bearings on raids at all. This isn't isn't helping bolster your argument stance, which honestly didn't have a lot of push to begin with.

What you describe does show a lack of discipline
    It doesn't even show a 'rack-a-disciprine', it's just yet another 'this guy was a douche, let's apply a bad one-off event to everything'. I have to give him credit, though, for being incredibly tenacious in his argument, despite it not making any sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by errosync View Post
    I'm having a very hard time with this, because I'm having a very hard time understanding when oranges both became sentient and gained the ability to turn into apples. You'd think something like that would make news headlines...

Comparing pets in EQ or anything else to anything in WoW doesn't matter because it's not WoW for that reason alone. Comparing the two when the mechanics on how they work is completely different is beyond asinine.

That's not an ad hominem; christ, if you're going to claim something, at least substantiate it with basic knowledge that you could get from either Google or Wikipedia in a few seconds.

This doesn't even make sense because the places that are most congested (i.e. crowded) in WoW are cities, not raids, and cities don't have any bearings on raids at all. This isn't isn't helping bolster your argument stance, which honestly didn't have a lot of push to begin with.

It doesn't even show a 'rack-a-disciprine', it's just yet another 'this guy was a douche, let's apply a bad one-off event to everything'. I have to give him credit, though, for being incredibly tenacious in his argument, despite it not making any sense whatsoever.

Wow, you are quite the d-bag. Congrats on the big words, i hope you feel better about yourself now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Explain why you decide to go off on a tangent, away from the original topic of vanity pets in groups/raids, and decide to back up your "common knowledge" claim
    It's called decency. Something WoW players tend to lack in their MEMEME attitudes.

Pets can be a distraction, and if enough are out in the larger raids, they can add to the lag. They also aren't controllable and get into things. Bring one to Firelands and on the Shannox where there's those tiny crystals on the ground, and see how bad it can be.

You learn to be decent in games like EQ2 among others. You don't do things "because", you try to be decent to others and their playtime.

If folks have to argue about decency, the general public's idea about the WoW community is truer than true -- it's as antisocial as it's indecent.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Just when you think you've heard every whine in the book.
    Yeah...

people will QQ about anything

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    It's called decency. Something WoW players tend to lack in their MEMEME attitudes.

Pets can be a distraction, and if enough are out in the larger raids, they can add to the lag. They also aren't controllable and get into things. Bring one to Firelands and on the Shannox where there's those tiny crystals on the ground, and see how bad it can be.

You learn to be decent in games like EQ2 among others. You don't do things "because", you try to be decent to others and their playtime.

If folks have to argue about decency, the general public's idea about the WoW community is truer than true -- it's as antisocial as it's indecent.

6100+ of your posts have been deleted from the wow forums.... and you never once thought that your attitude was the problem?

I can understand vanity pets causing problems in some cases if people are lazy. For example, I used to have my raid hunters in ICC ask me to put away my Frosty because it was interfering with them /targeting Frost Orbs on LK. I promptly told them no. When they asked why I was being unreasonable, I told them "/targetexact Frost Orb" and threw a pet biscuit at my Frosty.

Deleted
    Nothing worse than the singing flower in a tight progression night.

10+ Year Old Account

It is fanatics and ideologues who menace decency and progress.

Anyone who has gazed into this Paladin's eyes knows that it would be easier to tell the Sun not to rise than to change his mind when he sets it. Perhaps it's his unwavering Faith in a Higher Power, or sheer stubbornness to change his mind once it's made up, but everyone knows that once the holy Paladin has put his mind to something it's nigh impossible to change his course of action.

Remember, the Light and the Word guides and protects, but only if you choose to listen.
    Last edited by finskee; 2012-05-10 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    was that meant to be funny? news flash it was wasn't
    it kinda is when you act all angry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    6100+ of your posts have been deleted from the wow forums.... and you never once thought that your attitude was the problem?
    Nope. As long as they have that I deleted my own posts on their forum (which I didn't), the sig stays.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Its a slow day on the forums.

i think all vanity pets should be dismissed while in a raid or dung. its very discrating ONE. and two counts as a target, say your trying to click on a person, you keep clinking there VPet. I totally Agree with you Malakath!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. As long as they have that I deleted my own posts on their forum (which I didn't), the sig stays.
    Remember, Arthas, we are paladins. Vengeance cannot be a part of what we must do. If we allow our passions to turn to bloodlust, then we will become as vile as the Orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katherineseren View Post
    i think all vanity pets should be dismissed while in a raid or dung. its very discrating ONE. and two counts as a target, say your trying to click on a person, you keep clinking there VPet. I totally Agree with you Malakath!
    Seriously though, how often do you click target characters rather than unit frames in an important context? There's already a bunch of other people, often stacked, to make that kind of targeting terribly unreliable in raids anyway.

I mean, sometimes I misclick and target a vanity pet, but it's not really any different than misclicking and targeting another player or a combat pet or a hostile mob on accident, which is why I wouldn't ever recommend trying to target someone like that if it was really critical to pick the right person quickly. If you have this problem a lot, it is more of an issue with your course of action than the vanity pet.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |