Poll: Will you explore everything in Diablo 3?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Going to try and cover every inch if I can

Deleted
    Most likely something 75-95%. If I find etrance to next level, but can see from map I haven't explored one stairs on the other side of the map wheres one or two rooms, Im not going to walk all way back. But Im going to Krush, Kill 'n' Destroy everyone and everything that comes on my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Normal, Nightmare, Hell - Skip ALL the things. If the quest doesn't give xp, not relevant. If it's skippable, skip it. Getting to 60 is my goal, getting to inferno is my cause.

Inferno - This is where I learn the story.

Did it in Diablo 2, as well. It feels much better to EARN the story than to have it all handed to you. I'll obviously listen to all the little tabs that come up on the bottom right, read all the books etc. as they give xp, but My goal is to be one of the early ones to 60 - and start bashing my face into inferno ASAP.

Interesting to see people thinking they'll rush to 60 and jump into Inferno. Whereas I agree it can be better to see that bit of lore or unexplored content after surviving a countless wave of minions on 1 hp on the highest difficulty it's just not going to be possible let alone realistic.

The amount of times you'll have to clear Hell to be able to even trash kill in ACT 1 Inferno will be huge. When you start to see people you out levelled so quickly reaching the cap with a much wider range of gear and understanding of the game while you are now still doing the same as them but actually behind on gear and probably later into Inferno it's gonna seem like a waste of time.

Yeah, seeing as bosses do not drop the best loot in the game anymore like diablo 2, but is now from champion and elite trash packs. And i think a legendary can even come from a jar or something you destroy, so yeah i will explore.

My point is that trash plays a bigger part loot wise in Diablo 3.

Deleted
    Immersion in diablo 3? Guys, you're really weird.

Deleted
    yea i will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheButcher View Post
    Will you go to every area, every nook, every cranny and kill everything you possibly can, and explore everything in the game?

I know I will deeply immerse myself in the game and do everything there is to do and take my sweet time.

"Ahhh fresh meat!"
    first times around prolly, as with everything new..

Quote Originally Posted by Avell View Post
    Immersion in diablo 3? Guys, you're really weird.
    There's a lot more to it than that; rares and legendaries can now drop from everything (even pots, which is why I'll always casually spam some aoe ability near them), and champion/rare packs are actually more important than the bosses.

With the randomized tilesets of the maps, repeatedly exploring everything is also the only way you'll ever find all of the neat goodies and easter eggs and mini-dungeons scattered absolutely everywhere as well. I would be amazed if some of the random sets aren't extremely valuable, too - such as the rather rare resplendent chest tile in the cathedral catacombs.

Why you no make poll? Yes I will explore everything since every game you have a small chance to activate a random event and you might never get it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

i saw some people did the beta in like 45mins? or was it 1 hour???.....well when i did the beta it took me like 3-4 hours lol
    I explored every area , made sure i destroyed every barrel, tree stump, book case etc etc.
    cant wait for next week

Absolutely , people rushing to 60 ASAP are dumb to me, personally i'll be doing every single cave on normal to explore skip them in nightmare and do them in hell to be rdy to do inferno.

Deleted
    I'll never go to every corner, as I just find that incredibly boring. But on my first playthrough I'll hear every word spoken of the characters

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    Absolutely , people rushing to 60 ASAP are dumb to me, personally i'll be doing every single cave on normal to explore skip them in nightmare and do them in hell to be rdy to do inferno.
    Well the "dumb" people rushing to 60 will actually be making "better" use of their time since items found in normal and nightmare are largely worthless. A "smart" person would full clear the later difficulties and rush past the pointless ones

At least my subjective post involves sound logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Well the "dumb" people rushing to 60 will actually be making "better" use of their time since items found in normal and nightmare are largely worthless. A "smart" person would full clear the later difficulties and rush past the pointless ones

At least my subjective post involves sound logic.
    Yes because "smart" people rush through 4 player co-op games for all the right reasons. That is like saying the first person to beat Dungeon Defenders is a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Yes because "smart" people rush through 4 player co-op games for all the right reasons. That is like saying the first person to beat Dungeon Defenders is a genius.
    Apparently, you missed the breaking info that the game is about the items, farming, economics and creating builds. None of that matters until the later difficulties.The story has always been a very small part of Diablo. Thus we can assume you've "wasted" time by exploring everything in the earlier difficulties.

My point was there's more reason to get to the end game than there is to take the scenic route. That doesn't mean one way is better than the other. But, If you want to try to pick a side. I can assure you that logic > emotion. The reasons I stated are concrete, the reason to see the sights is merely for the pleasure of it. Which one is more efficient?

Now the reason behind my post was Kazmodius was telling people who were doing it in a way he disagreed that they were dumb to him. While I simply said it's subjective which implies that there is reason for both playstyles.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-09 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    The story has always been a very small part of Diablo.
    I am sorry but you have lost every bit or respect from me. Excuse me while I ignore your argument because you have no idea what is going on.

Diablo 3 is a game I mostly play for the story. I love Diablo lore and the third has some really juicy bits for me. I will listen to every piece of lore and read every book in the game.

Eventually, but i am a follower and will explore whatever my friends explore, until i am comfortable with the game..

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    I am sorry but you have lost every bit or respect from me. Excuse me while I ignore your argument because you have no idea what is going on.

Diablo 3 is a game I mostly play for the story. I love Diablo lore and the third has some really juicy bits for me. I will listen to every piece of lore and read every book in the game.
    I don't really need anyone's respect, besides if you had any respect for me it was because of my knowledge or being impartial. Neither of which have changed. Sorry, I just call it like it is. You can ask any of the thousands of people that still play diablo 2, Why? And they will tell you. It sure isn't the story for the 300th time. No exaggeration either. I'm pretty close to that number myself.

Don't get me wrong I look forward to the story(in hell/inferno) and I'm sure I'll enjoy it and it's been a good one so far. I even read all the books and I don't usually read fantasy. But the story takes mere hours to complete. Taking longer to finish it isn't going to make it any better for me and the story sure as hell won't keep me playing for thousands of hours and I'd bet it won't keep you playing either. I

I will say a ton of players will beat normal and be done with the game. It will likely be those same people talking about savoring the moment. Meanwhile, I'll have more hours on my 6th, 7th, 8th character than they'll have total playtime. So who is enjoying the game more?
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-09 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Why you no make poll? Yes I will explore everything since every game you have a small chance to activate a random event and you might never get it again.
    Poll added just for you!

Yes, like in Diablo 2. I am going to explore everything, and loot everything :P