Thread: MoP Beta

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

not sure really

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hope so, would love to get moving into mists

I thought fake for sure until the youtube video. *Which can be faked, sure, but that is a lot of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    I thought fake for sure until the youtube video. *Which can be faked, sure, but that is a lot of effort.
    Also look at the picture, that is already on the blizzard website.

Are we closer to beta then expected?

It's possible it's fake, but they look pretty real. Conclusion: I 'dunno.

I suppose it's possible, but certainly not irrefutable evidence.

Not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the beta came out after the press tour (which is in 1 week) though.

I'm 99.9% sure it's a fake, since, I believe, Alpha testing has barely begun, if I'm not mistaken. I'd pull up the wow forum post that says that, but for some reason trying to access WoW's website is returning a 500 error.

Lol. Love the you tube vid. Totally fake. They don't release a secret beta only in Russia. The screenshots are easy to Photoshop and the youtube was likely created by creating a dummy version of a few battle.net pages and setting up a local DNS server that redirected any page requests to battle.net back to his localhost running the fake website.

It inspired me to log into my account and I noticed Diablo 3 from the annual pass is no longer grayed out.*

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Lol. Love the you tube vid. Totally fake. They don't release a secret beta only in Russia. The screenshots are easy to Photoshop and the youtube was likely created by creating a dummy version of a few battle.net pages and setting up a local DNS server that redirected any page requests to battle.net back to his localhost running the fake website.
    The story is I believe that the guy found it on his account.

For arguements sake, lets say that you identified the what, and the how, the who/when/where aren't important, but you left out a VERY imporant question. Why?
    Why would someone go through all the trouble of faking a video like this? To troll people? Add revenue? The video wouldn't make a lot of money even if the channel were partnered.
    And as for it only being released in Russia, I'm sure that you're simply misinterpreting what you're seeing. It's most likely someone with access to the beta, who simply has Russian as a first language.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    The story is I believe that the guy found it on his account.
    You are free to get excited and believe what you want *I just wanted to explain how easy it was to actually fake this proof.

You are free to get excited and believe what you want *I just wanted to explain how easy it was to actually fake this proof.
    What is the chances he just typed in the MoP beta box url into his search bar to find that picture?

Quote Originally Posted by papare33 View Post
    For arguements sake, lets say that you identified the what, and the how, the who/when/where aren't important, but you left out a VERY imporant question. Why?
    Why would someone go through all the trouble of faking a video like this? To troll people? Add revenue? The video wouldn't make a lot of money even if the channel were partnered.
    And as for it only being released in Russia, I'm sure that you're simply misinterpreting what you're seeing. It's most likely someone with access to the beta, who simply has Russian as a first language.
    If you want to believe it, more power to you *As far as Why? There are tons of trolls that love to do this type of stuff for no other reason other than it gets people excited about what is likely fake. *It's the internet after all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would some random russian guy get it before everybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Why would some random russian guy get it before everybody else?
    Most likely due to an accident from blizzard.

Database error perhaps? Seems legit. The client DL and servers probably aren't up, though.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.