Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just to add something there Gnlogic, there was a recent reveal about what the sha actully are, and I'm willing, or hoping, to believe they are not old god related at all, but something else. As it was said, the sha is what the last emperor of pandaren released from himself in finding his inner harmony, and when he became one with pandaria itself, he locked the sha away under its surface. They only manifest due to others negative emotions, so its not old god in nature, just something else.

At least I hope its not... then again, looking at the glass window in ulduar, meh..

it's nice to see that blizzard is putting a little more effort into their lore after how bad WOTLK was

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minelr View Post
    it's nice to see that blizzard is putting a little more effort into their lore after how bad WOTLK was
    and yet people assumed mists would be just about fuzzy cute pandas stereotyping Japanese

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Just to add something there Gnlogic, there was a recent reveal about what the sha actully are, and I'm willing, or hoping, to believe they are not old god related at all, but something else. As it was said, the sha is what the last emperor of pandaren released from himself in finding his inner harmony, and when he became one with pandaria itself, he locked the sha away under its surface. They only manifest due to others negative emotions, so its not old god in nature, just something else.

At least I hope its not... then again, looking at the glass window in ulduar, meh..
    Perhaps.

What i think are directly related to the Old gods come mists are the Mantid. Its logical becasue C'Thun had Slithids Yogg had Nerubians and Mantids may be ralated to [insert old god here].

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    Brann's diagram is rumor at best and might be non-cannon if the art work is from the RPG books.

Silithid* (Well of Eternity)
    ____\->Aqir* (C'Thun)
    _________\->Qirajis (Retreat south after the destruction of Azj'Aqir Empire, C'Thun improve their fighting skills)
    __________\->Nerubians (Went north after the destruction of Azj'Aqir Empire)
    ___________\->Mantids (Went west after the destruction of Azj'Aqir Empire)

*It is unknown which one is the first insectoids race, Aqir or Silithid. However it is said that Aqir is the smarter one of the two, so I put Aqir after Silithid.
    i took this from another thread about discussion about Zandalari and their involvement with Pandaren but it kinda supports my argument as well =p.

Al well here is a /tinfoil hat while farfetched a tad makes a bit of sense....What if.....Old Gods are Titans that overcame with evil and hatred? Yes they are supposed to be sentient logical beings but what if some where not? Look at Sargeras as an exmaple.

while typing the above i realized it was a bit silly but then i had a light bulb in my head......Titans that were corrupted by Yogg had all this negative emotion, hatred, and destruction at heart (the very embodiment of sha). If you say that Sha was created the the emperor found his inner harmony and expelled everything that was evil/negative/etc and that energy became an entity known as sha. Now....i think it is safe to say that titans are a bit more powerful than the late emperor. When we have defeated Titans in Ulduar they did not die...simply the evil/corruption of the Titans were purged from them....kinda like them finding inner peace? Isnt it that all that evil energy from 4? titans that we purged using Mists logic had to form as an entity somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    TFH; kind of a take off from the point above...

The Old Gods use negative emotions ALOT. That's their main tool for leading mortals into corruption. What if the Sha/Old God connection is the Monkey King?
    Think about it;
    Who was the one who was able to pull those emotions out of the Last Emperor? The Monkey King.
    Who else has shown that level of manipulation in regards to the negative emotions? Old Gods.
    Instead of the Old Gods being "fallen" or "corrupted" Titans like above, what if the Monkey King is an Old God?
    Then the question is did he help the Last Emperor because he wanted to use the Sha to his own ends, or did he help the Last Emperor because (more interesting IMHO) he is actually a renegade Old God? An Old God on our side for a change.

Using the Lovecraft analogy, I could see the Monkey King filling a role kinda half way between Nyarlathotep and Nodens.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    TFH; kind of a take off from the point above...

The Old Gods use negative emotions ALOT. That's their main tool for leading mortals into corruption. What if the Sha/Old God connection is the Monkey King?
    Think about it;
    Who was the one who was able to pull those emotions out of the Last Emperor? The Monkey King.
    Who else has shown that level of manipulation in regards to the negative emotions? Old Gods.
    Instead of the Old Gods being "fallen" or "corrupted" Titans like above, what if the Monkey King is an Old God?
    Then the question is did he help the Last Emperor because he wanted to use the Sha to his own ends, or did he help the Last Emperor because (more interesting IMHO) he is actually a renegade Old God? An Old God on our side for a change.

Using the Lovecraft analogy, I could see the Monkey King filling a role kinda half way between Nyarlathotep and Nodens.
    The concept of an Old god ally seems very interesting indeed. My friend and I were having a discussion about Sargeras and what would it take to kill him...and i mean actually destroy. As of today the titans we fought were either purged of evil or in case of Algalon we just "convinced" him not to blow up Azeroth. My opinion that only a Titan can kill another Titan and this would fit quite nicely in the the future lore when we get to Sargeras

Personally I think it would be interesting if it's the Huojin philosophy itself that drives Ji Firepaw into rebellion.

At some point he'll realize that for Garrosh, war is not the means but the goal. That Garrosh will not stop fighting until the Horde has conquered everything within reach Alliance or otherwise, and in time even the Pandaren of Pandaria will be at risk. Once he is certain of Garrosh's motives, Ji Firepaw will rebel against Garrosh without even bothering to see if anyone else is with him. In this he would become the trigger that sets off the rebellion, even if he doesn't really lead it.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    This is not crazy... It's very interesting *strokes beard*... Yes very interesting indeed!
    Omg you have a beard

and its long enough to stroke

/jealous

wife hates facial hair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Personally I think it would be interesting if it's the Huojin philosophy itself that drives Ji Firepaw into rebellion.

At some point he'll realize that for Garrosh, war is not the means but the goal. That Garrosh will not stop fighting until the Horde has conquered everything within reach Alliance or otherwise, and in time even the Pandaren of Pandaria will be at risk. Once he is certain of Garrosh's motives, Ji Firepaw will rebel against Garrosh without even bothering to see if anyone else is with him. In this he would become the trigger that sets off the rebellion, even if he doesn't really lead it.
    I wonder, if they would make Ji and Aysa the throw between for the two sides in the final siege of orgrimmar. They were once friends, in a way, and then got separated by the factions they choose, but when they both look at the conflict from within, its these two that form the rebellion and eventually its them who have the horde and alliance stand together to take down Garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post

That's precisely what I also think. As I said before, the Pandaren think differently from us, due their culture uprising.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    very interesting indeed and i want to add a few things as well.

Second tier of the expansion stated by blizz will be practically an all-out war with each other with massive military forces mobilizing on Pandaria. The question is....what would cause such a war effort to arise? Yes the tension has been growing over Tarajo/Durotar/Southshore/etc but this seems excessive.

My theory is that the catalyst for the Horde vs Alliance war is none other than Anduin. While Anduin wants to keep neutral and end the Horde vs Allinace conflict I think that his capture is the reason Alliance went to war. Whether his capture that led to it or the death of a horde to rescue him that spurred the Horde to retaliate i do not know but it would make a lot of sense.

Another possibility that as the HvA conflict grows the Sha grows stronger and more rampant. This can lead to two possibilities of either a) Hellscream wants to protect his people from that Sha and seeks power to destroy it (which may be ironic because he played a part in its creation indirectly) or b) Sha corrupts the warchief himself and his lust wants every man, woman and child of the alliance burned which causes him to seek Dark powers (old god?) to do it. If he was to succeed than all of Azeroth is doomed to be swallowed by the darkness of the Sha and/or old gods

it is likely that Ji may be a general of Hellscream in the last raid and Aysa may have to stop him in same manner Tirion had to stop Arthas
    The reason the Horde/Al;liance are going all out in Pandaria is beacuse it is a new land
    The rest of Azeroth got fucked over by war and Deathwing, and Pandaria is new and prestine wih plenty of rescources
    Plus there are magical powers in Pandaria that both sides will seek to increase their military power

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to hate yourself for mentioning the Old Gods OP. I hate you plenty for mentioning it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    You don't have to hate yourself for mentioning the Old Gods OP. I hate you plenty for mentioning it.
    and what happens when at the end we find out N'zoth was behind it all along?

Truth is, seeing the images in ulduar, might well mean its all connected.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    and what happens when at the end we find out N'zoth was behind it all along?

Truth is, seeing the images in ulduar, might well mean its all connected.
    really?
    cause i have seen the glass window in Ulduar, and to me it looks nothing like a Sha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    really?
    cause i have seen the glass window in Ulduar, and to me it looks nothing like a Sha
    well this seems to be suggested by others, I'm not sure, but it could have been a subtle hint.

The only thing from history which will repeat itself in this expansion is that Garrosh will do the same as his father did - get corrupted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    The only thing from history which will repeat itself in this expansion is that Garrosh will do the same as his father did - get corrupted
    Again, we don't even know if thats the case. Its either going to be him getting corrupted by an outside force, or he will just be a warmonger who goes to far in his pursuit for war without any outside corruption.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well this seems to be suggested by others, I'm not sure, but it could have been a subtle hint.
    yeah but it just irks me that people say Old Gods and SHa are connetced, and the only thing they have to back up the claim is some questionable picture

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    And also in the end redem himself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    yeah but it just irks me that people say Old Gods and SHa are connetced, and the only thing they have to back up the claim is some questionable picture

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 10:32 PM ----------

And also in the end redem himself?
    Unless Garrosh becomes possessed or corrupted then no. I believe Garrosh won't become corrupted by demons or old gods or sha, it will just be his own personal corruption for war that makes him go over the edge and lose his mind. And if this is the case, a character like that is beyond redemption, where as Grom, he was corrupted by mannaroth.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Garrosh becomes possessed or corrupted then no. I believe Garrosh won't become corrupted by demons or old gods or sha, it will just be his own personal corruption for war that makes him go over the edge and lose his mind. And if this is the case, a character like that is beyond redemption, where as Grom, he was corrupted by mannaroth.
    but i can hope for redemption for my fav character right? rofl
    Plus at this point it seems it can go either way

I like to think Garrosh will be made vunerable to Sha, beacuse he has been show to fight with honor
    But who knows

The war is gonna get crazy, and desperate times call for desperate measures
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-05-10 at 12:53 AM.