Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I quite enjoyed it on Guardian, however I found that if I strafe with my keys and stay at a 90 degree angle with my mouse I could kite the enemies in a way that they would never hit me, and just swam around in circles until the died (tested it on some champion skales in Char area). Otherwise, really enjoyed it, another feature that really helps that immersive feel of the world.

Deleted
    I loved it, mainly for the beauty. Maybe I am biased as I absolutely loved vashj in WoW too.

Compared to WoW's underwater combat it was amazing. Everything was fluid and essentially the same as running and fighting on land with an extra dimension. I personally loved it. But mostly because WoW's underwater is awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinRaven View Post
    I quite enjoyed it on Guardian, however I found that if I strafe with my keys and stay at a 90 degree angle with my mouse I could kite the enemies in a way that they would never hit me, and just swam around in circles until the died (tested it on some champion skales in Char area). Otherwise, really enjoyed it, another feature that really helps that immersive feel of the world.
    I did this on land, too, it's a problem with ranged combat, not underwater combat.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    As a staff elementalist, the underwater combat was really fun!... once you had unlocked all the skills. As an extreme example; the fire attunement was painful to unlock. The first ability did next to no initial damage then took way too long for the projectiles to detonate, so as you were kiting mobs, they were well out of the way of the heavy damage. Fire only came into its own once you had unlocked the chain ability (think it was the fourth) to lock mobs down and then blast them with AOE.

Could do with a few more tweaks methinks

I liked it, compared to TOR's underwater combat it was a lot more fun. There was just so much more you could do.

In melee range, the Engineer's Speargun Mine Field just one-shots stuff. Funny times.

I've only tried Engineer and Guardian during the BWE and didn't think much of either underwater. The fact that not all my utility skills worked irked me to no end, too.

It's many times better then most of the competition.

Which means it's horrifyingly terrible. But many times better then afterthought that is underwater combat in most other MMOs.

If they make that shitty combat mode mandatory for PvP, I'll likely not care about the game after hitting 80. Sandpaper masturbation is just not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by eddo69 View Post
    I liked it, compared to TOR's underwater combat it was a lot more fun. There was just so much more you could do.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I did this on land, too, it's a problem with ranged combat, not underwater combat.
    Yeeeup. Most of my fights UW or no, looked like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BradersVal View Post
    As a staff elementalist, the underwater combat was really fun!... once you had unlocked all the skills. As an extreme example; the fire attunement was painful to unlock. The first ability did next to no initial damage then took way too long for the projectiles to detonate, so as you were kiting mobs, they were well out of the way of the heavy damage. Fire only came into its own once you had unlocked the chain ability (think it was the fourth) to lock mobs down and then blast them with AOE.

Could do with a few more tweaks methinks
    Underwater you're just an elementalist, not a staff elementalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Underwater you're just an elementalist, not a staff elementalist.
    a trident elementalist
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    a trident elementalist
    A fish out of the water tank. A lame duck. A tentacle monster without a japanese schoolgirl to molest.

I think you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Ojimaru View Post
    In melee range, the Engineer's Speargun Mine Field just one-shots stuff. Funny times.

I've only tried Engineer and Guardian during the BWE and didn't think much of either underwater. The fact that not all my utility skills worked irked me to no end, too.
    Ya was fun detonating the mines soon as you launched them if you had a close range target they'd get hit 3 times. My 2 complaints about Eng UW combat was haveing so few utility skills work underwater and the noise of that #1 shot. Aside from a couple elixir's about the only useful utility I found was the rifle turret (torpedo turret underwater). Every other turret I had unlocked didnt work, the only weapon kit that worked was the blasted mine kit and if anything its more useless in the water than on land. Still dev's have said they are working on that so I figure it will be fixed for launch.

overall UW combat was somewhat more intresting than other MMO's I've played. If I had to find one thing that irked me it was that forced movement abilities seem more prevalent UW than on land. I was involved with one DE fighting the naga like things (cant remember the name) I swear I spent half my time that DE either neted and unable to move or being pingpong'd between targets.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Ya was fun detonating the mines soon as you launched them if you had a close range target they'd get hit 3 times. My 2 complaints about Eng UW combat was haveing so few utility skills work underwater and the noise of that #1 shot. Aside from a couple elixir's about the only useful utility I found was the rifle turret (torpedo turret underwater). Every other turret I had unlocked didnt work, the only weapon kit that worked was the blasted mine kit and if anything its more useless in the water than on land. Still dev's have said they are working on that so I figure it will be fixed for launch.

overall UW combat was somewhat more intresting than other MMO's I've played. If I had to find one thing that irked me it was that forced movement abilities seem more prevalent UW than on land. I was involved with one DE fighting the naga like things (cant remember the name) I swear I spent half my time that DE either neted and unable to move or being pingpong'd between targets.
    omg i feel your pain... my only utility skill was my freaking signet underwater, and i know exactly what event you're talking about, and all i gotta say is thank god for sharks and drakes because those guys really shine in the underwater areas!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm quite glad to have acquired Scorpion Wire and Roll for Initiative largely because I had effects that you have to place on the ground. I've been jaded by Shaman totems.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Underwater combat? How 'bout that underwater exploration? There's like 4-5 caves in every tiny underwater pond, ripe for exploring...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Underwater combat? How 'bout that underwater exploration? There's like 4-5 caves in every tiny underwater pond, ripe for exploring...
    Oh i know right? Although it kinda bugged me that a significant amount of the human zone water areas didn't have like ANYTHING in them... however once i got out of queens dale there was PLENTY of underwater to explore =D!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh i know right? Although it kinda bugged me that a significant amount of the human zone water areas didn't have like ANYTHING in them... however once i got out of queens dale there was PLENTY of underwater to explore =D!
    i forgot where this was but i think it was underwater

http://imgur.com/a/RgSyP#30
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i forgot where this was but i think it was underwater

http://imgur.com/a/RgSyP#30
    Was that in the not queensdale zone? And it looks a LITTLE like the secret area in one of the terrestrial caves in queensdale..

10+ Year Old Account
    Was that in the not queensdale zone? And it looks a LITTLE like the secret area in one of the terrestrial caves in queensdale..
    i said i forgot
    The Original Ganksta