Poll: Which one will do better?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the Avengers has more wide appeal and is more youth friendly. Therefore it will make more money.

Haven't seen Dark Knight Rises so it's hard to say which is the better film. Avengers sure has set the bar high and I have concerns about the DKR story. We'll have to wait and see.

I don't want to give a definite answer until The Dark Knight Rises is actually out, but based on what little we have seen (trailers and the prologue), and whats gone before (Batman Begins and The Dark Knight), I'm going to say I'll probably like The Avengers more.

TDKR will probably have more "serious" themes explore the pysche of characters more, as is Nolan's wont, but will be contain less humour and spectacle.

Ultimately though, The Dark Knight Rises will be quite a different film to The Avengers. Although the producers and distributers will view them as directly competing, there approaches are so different that they'll both be able to stand on their own merits.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like what Joss Whedon (Avengers Director) had to say on The Dark Knight Rises / Christopher Nolan

"I will feel sad. But let's look at the bigger picture, and I can't say this enough: THIS IS NOT A ZERO SUM GAME. Our successes, whoever has the mostest, are a boon to each other. We're in the business of proving that superhero movies aren't just eye-candy (they're eye-TRUFFLES!). People seem intent on setting us against each other, and though I'm proud to be Woody Strode to Nolan's Kirk Douglas, I think they're missing the point. Whatever TDKR does on its first weekend, the only stat that matters to me is the ticket I'M definitely buying. Nolan and Raimi INVENTED the true superhero flick, yo. (Special mention to Jon Favreau and James Gunn.) Happy to be in the mix."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    I really like what Joss Whedon (Avengers Director) had to say on The Dark Knight Rises / Christopher Nolan

"I will feel sad. But let's look at the bigger picture, and I can't say this enough: THIS IS NOT A ZERO SUM GAME. Our successes, whoever has the mostest, are a boon to each other. We're in the business of proving that superhero movies aren't just eye-candy (they're eye-TRUFFLES!). People seem intent on setting us against each other, and though I'm proud to be Woody Strode to Nolan's Kirk Douglas, I think they're missing the point. Whatever TDKR does on its first weekend, the only stat that matters to me is the ticket I'M definitely buying. Nolan and Raimi INVENTED the true superhero flick, yo. (Special mention to Jon Favreau and James Gunn.) Happy to be in the mix."
    That's a good quote, although he has to be rooting for himself just a little

I think people are putting too much faith into tdkr. Batman Begins was good but it was nowhere near as good as Avengers, TDK was better only story wise than the avengers and mainly because of the Joker. The Joker is not in tdkr, it could just as likely fall flat on its face and end up where Batman Begins ended up.

Also, the Batman movies have never appealed to me as "Superhero" movies, They are action / drama movies if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, when we're talking about grossing statistics I'm inclined to believe (especially after that first weekend) that The Avengers will beat TDKR....but I do have my doubts. But honestly, after what we were left with in TDK I just feel like the grossing potential of TDKR is going to be much better than it was for TDK.

As for which is going to be better. Avenger's was fun, and I mean really fun (watched it twice the weekend it came out and chances are I'm going to watch it again this weekend). But in terms of what's going to be a better film, I'm really putting my money on TDKR. I really, and I mean really have a feeling that TDKR is not only going to live up to the potential but surpass TDK......and it's going to be fan-fucking-tastic.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

A really hard question, and something I also thought about after watching Avengers. But I need to re-watch them again with a proper language (had to watch it dubbed, which ruined probably at the very least 25% of a positive experience) to make my mind. But judging by that I do watch Iron Man quite often and Dark Knight very very rarely, I'd say I probably will go with Avengers.

yes definitely Avengers is one of the better movies i saw this year but still i have very high hopes for Dark Knight rises may be because i like batman more than any other superheros. Also we all miss charlie sheen on and a half men but charlie was the central charter there whereas joker in Dark Knight was a piping (i loved the joker in dark knight no questions in that).

I really like both Whedon and Nolan ... That quote from Whedon is great and a quote I read a few weeks back from Nolan in regards to 3D technology really just reminds me over and over how much I love them both and their work on recent films.

I personally voted for TDKR simply because after The Dark Knight I have complete and utter Blind faith in this last installment by Nolan. I did enjoy Batman Begins but TDK pumped it to just a whole nother level.

I did THOROUGHLY enjoy The Avengers and it'll probably sit right behind TDKR by just a tiny bit in my list of faves from 2012... However of course this is all speculation, i'm mainly basing how good TDKR will be off TDK, however if it doesn't live up to the hype then Avengers could top it.

Deleted
    Avengers, but i've never liked fatman