Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mount Collectors

Hey guys, with the launch of MoP coming up it would seem a huge amount of new mounts will be added to the game. Not sure if there is another thread out there discussing this, but I'm curious of all the players out there that collect mounts. I myself am a avid collector although I know there are some that are better at it. At the moment I sit at 155 mounts on my Hunter....(Araton, Earthen Ring.). My downfall is I wont pay extra money to blizzard for the in store mounts so I have literally paid people in gold to have them bought for me. Celestial Steed, Heart of the Aspects and the X-53 Touring Rocket have been claimed, still working on the Winged Guardian. My alt has the Horseman's Mount, so I am gladly looking forward to the account wide mounts, especially considering the extra farming I can do since I still farm Onxyia, Azure Drake and ZG Raptor religiously. I just like some feedback on who else collects them and how many. I know of one other who has 185 mounts on the armory, so I look at him as the top person to try to beat lol. Unfortunately raid mounts are my biggest downfall.

It still impresses me to see someone with alot of those rare mounts. It seems to take someone who is in a strong raiding guild to achieve the top tier ones, although some of those rare ones I feel were rewarded to him by his guild maybe because he was their top mount collector in game, either way kudos to him. Just need to step it up a notch myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    how on earth is it possible for that guy to have wielded the legendary bow as a paladin O_O

Deleted
    how on earth is it possible for that guy to have wielded the legendary bow as a paladin O_O
    Trading the bow back and forth after it dropped... seems possible since thoridal actualy drops and is not Q reward

Deleted
    yea, but you have to wield it to achieve that achievement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueFW View Post
    If you got it before 3.2 you got the achievement simply for having it.

Deleted
    Im at 142 mounts on my mage.
    I have been slacking lately on doing VoA, Onyxia, Malygos and every other boss that can drop a mount.
    Havent even got the Sarth 25 man drake yet. xD
    Will get about 3 mounts when they add account wide mounts, if you dont count class specific ones.
    And im in the same situation as you OP, i wouldnt pay for mounts.
    And im not in any top raiding guild, so those hard to get raiding mounts are just a dream.

About that paladin having Thoridal, think you didnt have to equip it before to get the FoS, and that its changed now (not 100% sure).

You can go to guildox.com to see how many mounts people got, can sort it by realm or server. To see who you should try to beat next

Deleted
    Well, only got 125 mounts at the moment and I must admit that I play WAY too casually to bother with the ones that require a good raid party, hate having schedules and managing my RL depending on what I *have* to do in a game, so I will probably give them a try in MoP(cata ones that is...)provided that they don't get removed.So yeah, bleh @ raid mounts and bleh at the developers that are making some mounts 'no longer available'.

Ah well, I guess we can't have it all, can we?Bullshit, we CAN!

Also got realm first level 80 Blood Elf... as a Tauren.

Stood in the Fire UnstoppableErasor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also got realm first level 80 Blood Elf... as a Tauren. Also noticed ^_^

EDIT: Quote fail

Quote Originally Posted by UnstoppableErasor View Post
    Also got realm first level 80 Blood Elf... as a Tauren. Also noticed ^_^

EDIT: Quote fail
    Maybe because Paladin tauren were only introduced in Cataclysm? xD

I actually went to the website you showed earlier called Guildox.com. Never heard of it, but very nice. I'm actually tied with another guy on my server, which of all things is the same guy I talk to and knew of already lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueFW View Post
    After the change, yes, "prenerf" you got the achive by just looting it, if im not misstaken :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know it was possible to be so damn lucky..

Quote Originally Posted by Thargelion View Post
    You can go to guildox.com to see how many mounts people got, can sort it by realm or server. To see who you should try to beat next
    Here is the direct link to the world mount ranks:

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=19

Absalom (Blood Legion) now has 196 mounts. Impressive.
    Author of Guild, Toon and Loot Ranking Site GuildOx.com

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have the hardest time of my life trying to decide which mount to ride..

Quote Originally Posted by Sabence View Post
    Just finding the mount in the list would be hard enough. Does anyone know approximately how many new mounts will be available for the MoP release? 5, 10, 15?
    Author of Guild, Toon and Loot Ranking Site GuildOx.com

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I didn't know it was possible to be so damn lucky..
    I'm sure some of those mounts were handed to the player with out an open roll to the rest of the players that helped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabence View Post
    It's why I like doing it personally, variety is always nice.