Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    300K? this time next year it'll be 15m more subscribers. Blizzard has always given me every single thing i ever wanted. for every person who hates it, there are 100 who love it, cause Blizzard is the best, and WoW is the greatest game ever made, and it get's better every day! amazing!
    15m? Uhh, sure.

wow is ded and lolpandas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Let's guess... how long until the anti-WoW fanboys claim that Blizz lied about their numbers?
    Then they know shit about how investing and the stock market works.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    It's that lull between expansions combined with Cata disappointing. It happens. WoW was losing subs and Blizzard was came up with a plan. It's called smart marketing. And if you want to talk about Blizzard giving away free stuff, what do you call SWTOR giving away a free month for a 6 month old game? What's your excuse for that? Blizzard doing it is bad, but SWTOR doing it is good?
    Could care less about SW:ToR

My problem is these numbers were bloaded up with free stuff (yes Cata costs more than 1 month of SW:ToR subs) and people did not come back, they quit soon after. This is a gimmick that barely kept them above water stop calling it a success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So 10.2 million people are just cool with Dragon Soul since December and easily going into August lol
    Except the part that easily less then two million of those 10.2 million have even stepped foot into Dragon Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    The only trick was giving old players free level 80s. Annual Pass is a nice bargain.
    Especially considering it cost you nothing if you were going to play for a year anyway, and you got a mount and Diablo III and beta access for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So 10.2 million people are just cool with Dragon Soul since December and easily going into August lol
    are you soft in the head? the beta has already been out for 2 months, the longest it will last is 5 months.
    at its current rate(ending after testing is done on the 2 entry tier rads) we will be done in late june early july.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    You're playing in Cataclysm, you really SHOULD know that time equals reward, not skill, perhaps you've forgotten the old days, weren't skilled in them or perhaps you weren't there.
    Please ohh Maestro, explain to me when 'the old days' were that required more skill than time?

Vanilla? where a raid team had to farm for hours pre raid? The honour grind to HWL?

BC where attunements meant guilds had to re run old content countless times to attune any new members (regardless of any skill level)? FOTM arena?

Or perhaps you mean 'the old days' are wrath?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    The guy is out of line but things you've been handed include; levels, epic gear, achievements, epic mounts, gold, arena rating and virtually everything else there is to acquire in WoW that once required a certain display of skill to acquire.

Please, since it doesn't require skill anymore...tell me how I can get those shiny Gladiator mounts...I wants them. And please, let me get all 100% drop mounts from Heroic bosses without doing anything...because right now, I haven't been handed a damn thing in this game that I want without having to spend tons of time and effort into it.

There's easy content to be had, there's punishing content to be had. YOU seem to be stuck back in Vanilla where an epic mount was among the biggest success one could achieve...things change. some thousands and thousands of years ago it was a big thing lighting fire on a stick for humans and not getting eaten by a wooly beast with wonky eyes...would you want to go back to those times?

People claiming that nothing in WoW requires skill, are most likely being heavily carried OR they're not good enough to pursue the hardest content and simply label the game from what they themselves can reach...the easier content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thuran View Post
    And yet, free to play games tend to make more money and get more growth than pay-to-play games. Nothing is keeping blizzard from going free to play on wow, and it is fair to compare them as the time investment is not all that different nor are the expenses, and the payment model is part of a game, even if it does not directly impact gameplay.
    I would love the evidence showing LoL getting anywhere close to what Blizzard gets from WoW.

They would be happy to get 5% of it, but they don't have to support their game as much as Blizzard does.

One big thing is keeping Blizzard from making WoW F2P, and that is profit.

GASP PROFIT. The most evil word of all, who would even THINK of making a "profit", just the thought alone blows my mind that there are people in the world who would want to make money.

Sorry I had to be sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So, what exactly changed in the last 3 months ? Right, nothing.

- We've seen the MoP beta which caused a massive hype and should have increased the subs, didn't happen though.
    - People that had the annual pass still have it.
    - People that could stand 4.3 to begin with probably still can.

So sorry to tell you guys, take the hands out of your pants, because you didn't win either.
    I concur. Given that a lot of people who would have been thought to come back around the holidays and had an active subscription in Q1, there should have been some form of an increase.

I'm guessing (totally) here...but probably something 250k to 500k left but they reeled back in the same number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    at its current rate(ending after testing is done on the 2 entry tier rads) we will be done in late june early july.
    Lol you have got to be kidding. The beta version of MoP is FAR FAR from finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Technically Blizzard has nothing to do with Call of Duty, that's all Activision.

Just like Activision has nothing to do with World of Warcraft, all Blizzard.
    Oh, I know that. I just call them that because Activision-Blizzard takes longer to say/type. They handle separate games and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    [G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell
    Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara: I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.

ok can we stop talking about the sub numbers and about the first time blizz oficially mentions titan and talk about he "arcade"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

give me a break. all I'm hearing is blizzard is using gifts and junk to entice subscribers. of course they are! this is a dog eat dog world. it's about money. if you don't like it don't do it. fact is WoW is still strong and doing great. deal with it.

There are two things I get tired of hearing 1. "wow killer" this and that 2. "so much DS I have no idea how this is going on" first off there is wayyyyyyyy more to do in the game then just dragon soul, actually there is more to do then ever do your LFR early in the week then do dailies, pvp, level alts, collect crap. Second DS will not be out nearly as long as BC was. Seriously stop saying "well so much DS" cause every time I do I feel like I need to smack you with my cane and yell "BACK IN MY DAY!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman45 View Post
    no one read that image? they mention a new free to play game... I havnt heard that before..
    It'll be Blizzard DOTA, announced either last Blizzcon or the one before that. Googling should give you more then enough info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Could care less about SW:ToR

My problem is these numbers were bloaded up with free stuff (yes Cata costs more than 1 month of SW:ToR subs) and people did not come back, they quit soon after. This is a gimmick that barely kept them above water stop calling it a success.
    Lol, above water??? You're actually saying that had they dropped below 10 million, they'd be below water?

Seriously, people...people are not very bright.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Depending on how Blizzard does DOTA don't expect it to come out any time soon. Might not even be out until late 2013 or beyond. HotS on the other hand is already fairly far into development and close to beta testing.
    Like I said earlier in, they said in december '11 that HoTS needs another year.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

If I got a scroll of resurrection and accepted the 7 day free time part of it but didn't pay for the extra 30 days am I counted as a subscriber?

Overall though I'm impressed. I thought for sure it would go down yet again. I do wonder how many people did the scroll and paid for the 30 days but cancelled right after.