Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    ^

I've never undertood such a fascination for the number of people playing instead of discussing its quality. Justin Bieber is popular, is Justin Bieber producing quality music?
    Quality is completely based on perspective.

I could say World of Warcraft is the highest quality game in the world, and I would be right.

Another could say World of Warcraft has the worst quality of any game, and they would be right.

But only to themselves, not to other people.

To me World of Warcraft has a vast amount of game play, I have invested over 200 days over a few years and I haven't even come close to doing all I could do in the game. Other people could do all they would ever want to do in the game in just a month and either be happy with it or think of it as sucky. All perspective based.

Deleted
    Blizzard just keep running over the opposition, I was expecting loses this time around until MoP was available then expected a rise again, to keep a steady flow of subscribers over these past months is incredible considering it's had to deal with TOR's release....I wonder if MoP can lift the numbers to 11m later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Lol you have got to be kidding. The beta version of MoP is FAR FAR from finished.
    Oh please, it will probably be late august at the latest. MoP is one of the most finished beta's I've ever seen, I mean they are already almost to the nit pick stage. Cata was no where near this level at this time when it was in beta, and it shows. MoP is shaping up to be one of the most well put to gather expansions yet. I mean there were even official artwork leaked back during WRATH.
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

It is my first time posting here ever, idk if you can check but if you can go ahead Im not lying, anyway I wanted to just say a couple things.

First I am also on the annual pass yet I quit WoW not too long after I got it. A year long commitment to a game like WoW is too long to foresee sticking around without any doubt at all throughout that time. I guarantee you if they added a option to cancel the annual pass, many people would do it. Sure you were playing at the tie, like myself, but people get bored, stuff happens, and you end up quitting when you thought you wouldn't. Just because in your case you are still playing even after getting the annual pass, then good job to you, but to apply your situation to every person who got the annual pass is idiotic. Many people would cancel it if given the choice, just the same as many people have been loving having the annual pass.

Second, I am neither a ayer or nayer when it comes to blizz subs, be realistic, just because subs stabled out this quarter from last quarter doesn't mean the game is all peachy. Being realistic, alot of people are stuck with the annual pass who would happily cancel it given the choice, and the new scroll of rez is extremely enticing. Looking at the way we are as humans, even if someone has ANY thought of perhaps coming back to the game at all in the future, then an investment now by getting these "promotions" is a good thing and will be gotten regardless or not you actively play or not. Do I care if WoW stabilizes or not? not really, I am just realistic when it comes to these numbers. If you turn a blind eye at blizz's promotions to get subs up for the quarter review then you are simply pledging ignorance at the facts. Blizz plumps the numbers up, and while it is idiotic, even people who don't actively play, will still reach for those moutns, we all know how tempting a shiny mount is, sparkle pony is a great example, sounded and looked great for the first 10 minutes, enough to make you get it but then after the ooo shiny moment it just looked massively retarded.

For the conclusion, guild wars 2, nough said.

Deleted
    When WoW reaches lower subscriptions than it's main competitors, then I might believe it's dying. Until then, please shut up about the game dying. It's far from that. It is Goliath in comparison to any other MMORPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Could care less about SW:ToR

My problem is these numbers were bloaded up with free stuff (yes Cata costs more than 1 month of SW:ToR subs) and people did not come back, they quit soon after. This is a gimmick that barely kept them above water stop calling it a success.
    Why should we stop calling something we deem successful in our own eyes as a success? Blizzard has achieved more then I thought it would, and I am immensely happy with it at the moment. Who cares if Blizzard is good at marketing, they are a business. As long as they make me happy then they did well in my eyes.

Anyways, Blizzard just has to hold on for a few more months until MoP comes out and they gain another influx of subscribers. And please don't say MoP won't be a success subscriber wise, you don't know jack about it until it has come and gone so no one can assume like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Lol you have got to be kidding. The beta version of MoP is FAR FAR from finished.
    MOP will release next month
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    GG blizz, its good to see the rapid drop in subscribers level out.

Hopefully with Mists we can see the subscriber base sky rocket up past what it was at when Cata hit.

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    I am not suprised that WoW is stable with the annual pass + Scroll, but will it stay like this with so much DS?
    MoP will be here in time and that will save the DS drag. Things might dip briefly for this 1/4 but I doubt it since ppl are waiting for the MoP pre event and getting in the last bit of pvp they can before the season ends.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

^

I've never undertood such a fascination for the number of people playing instead of discussing its quality. Justin Bieber is popular, is Justin Bieber producing quality music?
    It's because it's subjective, BUT...when 10 million + people enjoy a game, that's a pretty good pointer, wouldn't you say? Music is even more subjective at that so that's not really good to compare with. WoW has tons of content for many different types of players as long as they enjoy the basics of the game...a song is very black or white, you like it or you don't.

To me Dire Straits is the greatest band that ever came to be, that makes it true TO ME. Why should I care if you or someone else feels that Backstreet boys fill that role? Same for games. To me WoW is THE best game, the game that's given me the most fun through the years and never let me down (and I tried GW2 at that) so I don't give a rats ass about someone else stating that some other game is THE BEST...it's not true to me.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    If only.... If only.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

^

Actually, the Biebs is a talented musician with impeccable musical sense and timing! Don't hate what you don't personally like! I don't really listen to him and I am not claiming that he is popular because he is talented. But frankly, he is talented and a nice fellow to boot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athinah View Post
    Oh please, it will probably be late august at the latest. MoP is one of the most finished beta's I've ever seen, I mean they are already almost to the nit pick stage. Cata was no where near this level at this time when it was in beta, and it shows. MoP is shaping up to be one of the most well put to gather expansions yet. I mean there were even official artwork leaked back during WRATH.
    For PvE maybe. You are forgetting that isn't the only aspect in the game.

Blizzard might not have been putting that much effort into PvP lately, but as it is on beta there is absolutely no way ever they will let it go live like that.
    There is much to be done. August would be posseble, but any sooner is far too optimistic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    If I got a scroll of resurrection and accepted the 7 day free time part of it but didn't pay for the extra 30 days am I counted as a subscriber?

Overall though I'm impressed. I thought for sure it would go down yet again. I do wonder how many people did the scroll and paid for the 30 days but cancelled right after.
    I dont think you would count, as you're not really "subscribed" to WoW

Seeing how the pre MoP event is going to be a month long that is pretty much impossible. That and the arena tourny isn't over until June 6th.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I got a scroll of resurrection and accepted the 7 day free time part of it but didn't pay for the extra 30 days am I counted as a subscriber?

Overall though I'm impressed. I thought for sure it would go down yet again. I do wonder how many people did the scroll and paid for the 30 days but cancelled right after.
    Nope. You are only counted as a subscriber once Blizzard has taken $15 out of your pocket that you aren't getting back because you paid for a month of WoW.

If Blizzard counted anything other then that they would literally be somewhere over 30-40 million subscribers.

If that would turn out to be true, then I would shed a tear...2 of them actually. 1 out of joy, and 1 out of sadness since MoP surely will remove some raid related stuff from the game.

Watching Haters Writhe in Agony, it is a very good day.

Wait for it, they'll come up with something to hate out of this yet.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Accounts are ppl that have paid to play or are still paying to play. You are pretty much on a trial that has access to old toons, not the same thing at all.

i wonder how that number will hold up when the annual pass reaches it's end for the people that signed up when it was released