Page 1 of 2
LastLast

when is the next beta weekend?

Anyone hear when the next beta weekend coming back. i really miss playing this game

Deleted
    no date yet

Deleted
    They'vbe said they would like to get a BWE at least once a month but they're not making it official or anything.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not soon enough

hmm well i suppose i gotta be a normal wife again this weekend lol

Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    Not soon enough
    This is the only correct answer.

I want to guess it won't be for at least a few more weeks. Depends entirely on how much feedback they got, how much they're fixing, and how long the fixes will take.

There won't be anything until they're ready for the next BWE, so we won't have a date until it's fairly close to the weekend it'll happen on.

Probably not this month tbh. The 28th is Memorial Day, so it'd just be weird to hold a beta weekend the last weekend of the month then the very next day no one would be at work to discuss it. I'd guess that the next one is June 1st-3rd. That or in the next few days they'll announce one for May 18th-20th, but I just don't see that happening.

Edit: On the other hand all day today the sales on buy.guildwars2.com have been sold out, so maybe that's something.
    Last edited by strafefaster; 2012-05-09 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for one the 18-20th of this month, but...

No info yet.

sorry for being dumb whats a beta weekend do we all get to play the beta or somthing?

Quote Originally Posted by bashda View Post
    sorry for being dumb whats a beta weekend do we all get to play the beta or somthing?
    If you pre-purchased yes(different from preorder) there is also a chance you could get invited by lottery from the signup pool. Either way they have weekend access for those that are invited to the beta.

Who is John Galt?

I'm getting the shakes, I need a new dose soon

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bashda View Post
    If you pre-purchased yes(different from preorder) there is also a chance you could get invited by lottery from the signup pool. Either way they have weekend access for those that are invited to the beta.
    I am guessing if he is asking this question he probably saw the topic on the main page and did not realize what game sub forum he was in. He could have easily thought it as a beta for WoW:MoP had he not paid attention to the sub forum when he clicked the topic on the main page, seems to happen a lot to topics that are not WoW where people clicking on the main page assume all the topics are WoW topics if it doesn't have the game title in the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    I am guessing if he is asking this question he probably saw the topic on the main page and did not realize what game sub forum he was in. He could have easily thought it as a beta for WoW:MoP had he not paid attention to the sub forum when he clicked the topic on the main page, seems to happen a lot to topics that are not WoW where people clicking on the main page assume all the topics are WoW topics if it doesn't have the game title in the topic.
    true but its also possible he was just uninformed as well. Might as well answer anyway. Although in hindsight I should have mentioned GW in there somewhere just in case as if he read that and still asumed this was a wow discussion he'd be really confused as I dont think you can prepurchase MOP yet.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    I Have Your solution.

Everything still falls into my release predictions.

In march the first 2 Beta were Press only, The 3rd was for the sign up page ppl.

Aprils 1 beta was for prepurchase ppl only, and it sold out the online sales, They put this beta on the last weekend why? to sell the game when ppl have paydays.

Arenanet said there would be less than 6 total Beta events, were up to 4 now.

Ncsoft Changed Aion over to free to play 1 day after Guildwars2's Sales began online.
    Every passing month is a lost sub fee cost to Ncsoft For aion, why would they do that unless Guildwars2 is released soon.

Aprils Event was a stress test of the servers with a moderately functional Beta client version.
    This was not a bug test beta.

There will only be 1 more beta, And if there is May 25, 26, 27 would be the Days.

Be Ready make sure you get your copy, the game will release End of May To June.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Ncsoft Changed Aion over to free to play 1 day after Guildwars2's Sales began online.
    Every passing month is a lost sub fee cost to Ncsoft For aion, why would they do that unless Guildwars2 is released soon.
    Before assuming that free to play generates less revenue than pay to play, you might want to read this article (there are many more, but this particular game demonstrates it well).

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/d...cent-20111122/

I Have Your solution.

Everything still falls into my release predictions.

In march the first 2 Beta were Press only, The 3rd was for the sign up page ppl.

Aprils 1 beta was for prepurchase ppl only, and it sold out the online sales, They put this beta on the last weekend why? to sell the game when ppl have paydays.

Arenanet said there would be less than 6 total Beta events, were up to 4 now.

Aprils Event was a stress test of the servers with a moderately functional Beta client version.
    This was not a bug test beta.

There will only be 1 more beta, And if there is May 25, 26, 27 would be the Days.

I don't think it will be the weekend of the 25th, my reasoning is that is memorial day weekend and it would be cruel to their employees. I think that was the original plan but they moved it back a week cause of this and that is why they started emphasizing that BWE are APPROXIMATELY once a month, and I'm guessing it'll be June 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

And FYI, Stress test this Monday! Checking if they resolved things from last Beta!

Wishful thinking. I predict a mid July release myself and I'm being optimistic here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Before assuming that free to play generates less revenue than pay to play, you might want to read this article (there are many more, but this particular game demonstrates it well).

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/d...cent-20111122/
    Oh i know the merit to free to play, but you forget Aion had its Free to play cash shop but also a sub fee, all they did was drop the sub fee on the 11th of april 1 day after Sales went online for guildwars2 also ncsoft. They simply want both games to run alongside each other hell the character engines are the same.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Robbomb116 View Post
    I don't think it will be the weekend of the 25th, my reasoning is that is memorial day weekend and it would be cruel to their employees. I think that was the original plan but they moved it back a week cause of this and that is why they started emphasizing that BWE are APPROXIMATELY once a month, and I'm guessing it'll be June 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

And FYI, Stress test this Monday! Checking if they resolved things from last Beta!
    Why not have it one week sooner then to avoid the holiday? and where can you prove this monday test?

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Wishful thinking. I predict a mid July release myself and I'm being optimistic here.
    Are you from the no beta club?
    The game is ready for release its next to bug free compared to some games still live...

Are you from the no beta club?
    The game is ready for release its next to bug free compared to some games still live...
    I have no idea what the bolded means. If you base your 'ready for release' bit on the last BWE, you've got pretty low standards. The beta was great and more polished than some fully released MMOS out there. But it wasn't ready for release, yet.

and where can you prove this monday test?
    Facebook.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-05-10 at 10:02 AM.