Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Just read this too.... SAY WUTTTT. I have a feeling this will not go through and blizz are just trolling us. However it went through im not sure if i would like it or not, meta always feels just to demo for me and it would take away some of the uniqueness of the spec.

If this is true, that is a terrible twist and there better be a good excuse.

mother of god i hope this goes through, i want demon form but i dont want to be demo :x

So confusing. I don't know what the tooltips (Affliction/Destruction versus Demonology) could possibly mean other than its function in each spec.

But the tooltip for Affli/Destro doesn't make sense... you don't get Hand of Gul'dan in either spec for it be "unusable in Meta."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    mother of god i hope this goes through, i want demon form but i dont want to be demo :x
    What will the purpose of Demo be then? If Demo is not associated with Meta then its a useless spec.

Don't be ridiculous - this is just an update to what the tooltip reads when you're in the other specs. In MoP you can view the (greyed-out) spellbooks of the two currently-inactive specs, including tooltips, and many spells show a slightly different tooltip depending on what spec you're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    Don't be ridiculous - this is just an update to what the tooltip reads when you're in the other specs. In MoP you can view the (greyed-out) spellbooks of the two currently-inactive specs, including tooltips, and many spells show a slightly different tooltip depending on what spec you're currently in.
    You better be right

Without either giving demo a better version of it compared to the other 2 specs, or giving demo something in it's place, or making demon form a talent in the talent tree. This can't go live like this.

Arms talent bladestorm is in the talent tree for all specs in mop, so potentionally a fury warrior or prot warrior could have it, at the loss of something else in that tier.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

It would make more sense, except you'd expect the more explanation-based par to be under Demonology. Could be an error on their part. I'm going to see what is up on Beta, although the patch probably won't be up for a bit.

I agree. It doesn't look anything like they were making it baseline. Even if those specs are listed there it still says "Warlock - Demonology Spec" in the upper right corner and the tooltip wouldn't talk about HoG anyway for affliction and destruction.

Deleted
    Holy sh*tballs Robin!

Most likely, this is something else than what we believe. However, if it is indeed metamorphosis for all specs, I'm just going to lay in bed and giggle for an entire day.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 6kle View Post
    I agree. It doesn't look anything like they were making it baseline. Even if those specs are listed there it still says "Warlock - Demonology Spec" in the upper right corner and the tooltip wouldn't talk about HoG anyway for affliction and destruction.
    We'll, if it really was for all specs then I presume it would need to mention HoG, regardless if affliction/destro has it.

yeah chances are its just a wording error or correction or something for the tooltip and were blowing it out of proportion, but either way, im going to remain hopeful lol.

I do want them to either nerf the meta version for aff and destro or buff demos version so demo still has a reason to even have it though.

This is like the debate about warlocks being serious tanks, people are jumping in to conclusions from crumbs of information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every one look at the front(home) page! Its true.

Well, apparently most spells have Affliction, Demonology, and Destruction versions of them (Shadow Bolt, Corruption, Soul Fire). However, some spells (Chaos Bolt, Hand of Gul'dan, Haunt) do not. I think that Blizzard probably included text to show for certain spells in certain specs, but that spell might not be available in the spec of question.

That said for the most part, other "ghost" text versions only exist when the spell morphs into another one in other said spec, so...

Deleted
    Why would it read "Metamorphosis prevents the use of Corruption and Hand of Gul'dan." if it was bug?
    I've never seen bugs write understandable sentences that relate to specs and playstyle themselves. It seems baseline now on every spec.

And I'm damn happy it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Why would it read "Metamorphosis prevents the use of Corruption and Hand of Gul'dan." if it was bug?
    I've never seen bugs write understandable sentences that relate to specs and playstyle themselves. It seems baseline now on every spec.

And I'm damn happy it is.
    Meh, I highly doubt it to be honest looking around some more. But Blizzard does have some fucked up tooltips.

Currently in the beta, your current spec will incorrectly influence what you see in other spec's spellbook pages, like Immolate showing up in Aff's spellbook if you're specced Destro. So, it's probably a spellbook or data mining thing, like the improved datamined tooltip for Fel Flame which correctly shows how it changes between specs:

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/77799-fel-flame

this dont have any sense, dafuq meta for affli and destro ?? lol no way blizz