Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Check this out too
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/29722-incinerate

It is obviously a tooltip correction, they aren't making Meta baseline. Phew...

Deleted
    It's probably nothing, but I'm going to log off now and pretend like it's actually true!

IGNORANCE IS BLISS <3

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love the purple man suit I hope it stays restricted to the demo spec to retain it's uniqueness.

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    Never even crossed my mind that it was anything BUT a tooltip/datamining thing. They'd never give the signature ability of a spec to another spec. It'd be like having Haunt in Destro, never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Never even crossed my mind that it was anything BUT a tooltip/datamining thing. They'd never give the signature ability of a spec to another spec. It'd be like having Haunt in Destro, never happen.
    this is debatable. shadowfury was the 31pt destro defining talent in tbc, and now its up for grabs with all specs.
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

Woot you heard it here first! Meta is baseline for all specs now.

Can't argue with ambiguous tooltips.

Deleted
    Definitely tooltips fix.

Remember, Santa kills an elf every time someone takes datamined information for granted.

As it doesn't have a cooldown or cost demonic fury in the other two forums I have a feeling that this is unlikely.

lol.....
    it is always amazing to witness the lack of common sense and understanding of many fellow locks on this forum.
    The tooltip explain itself quiet easily, if u don't catch it,it is all your fault.
    OR, this can be a good trolling at the expense of the kiddish...

Its probably a tooltip fix, in other way, i could just see one reason to Blizz make Meta baseline to all specs: Mobility, aka Demon Leap, what would bring mobility to all 3 specs and not only to Demo...

But i dont believe this too.. =x

Deleted
    for once, i'll do an arbitrary and rutheless comment : use your brain, this is nothing, just an informationnal tooltip, please move along and let this thread die. you know the story of the boy who was crying wolf ? it's the same thing on the (warlock) forums : everytime there's information, most of us stir the pot 'til it breaks.

Demonic Fury anyone? How is that going to work with Affli and Destro? It is true, I believed it too but then I realized lots of things.

Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    for once, i'll do an arbitrary and rutheless comment : use your brain, this is nothing, just an informationnal tooltip, please move along and let this thread die. you know the story of the boy who was crying wolf ? it's the same thing on the (warlock) forums : everytime there's information, most of us stir the pot 'til it breaks.
    so this isn't clear to you?:

Demonology

Metamorphosis (Affliction, Destruction) - Temporarily transform into a demon, increasing damage dealt by 26.00%. Metamorphosis prevents the use of Corruption and Hand of Gul'dan.
    Metamorphosis (Demonology) - Temporarily transform into a demon, increasing damage dealt by 26.00%.
    Molten Core now has a 8% chance to proc, up from 5%.

looks like they did something to give affliction some burst

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    so this isn't clear to you?:

Demonology

Metamorphosis (Affliction, Destruction) - Temporarily transform into a demon, increasing damage dealt by 26.00%. Metamorphosis prevents the use of Corruption and Hand of Gul'dan.
    Metamorphosis (Demonology) - Temporarily transform into a demon, increasing damage dealt by 26.00%.
    Molten Core now has a 8% chance to proc, up from 5%.

looks like they did something to give affliction some burst
    Look at the incinerate tooltip: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/29722-incinerate

Notice anything similar? Incinerate is still destruction only. Is that clear enough for you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thrill View Post

Notice anything similar? Incinerate is still destruction only. Is that clear enough for you?
    Don't be so harsh on him. Common sense is not so common these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    Don't be ridiculous - this is just an update to what the tooltip reads when you're in the other specs. In MoP you can view the (greyed-out) spellbooks of the two currently-inactive specs, including tooltips, and many spells show a slightly different tooltip depending on what spec you're currently in.
    This ^
    /10chars

Deleted
    Meta will never be for all specs, this is just a tooltip error/update/data mined stuff. Other class specific spells like incinerate are for "all" specs too, according to the tooltips.

However, the whole point of adding "class specific" abilities is to make it easier to balance each spec and give it a signature feel; hence Meta is staying Demonology.

Remember that episode of South Park where the manitees would write episodes of Family Guy by randomly choosing words from a big pile?

I think the manitees are now working on locks.

Probably (hopefully) just the perils of data mining, however.

Quote Originally Posted by thrill View Post

Incinerate transforms between those 3 specs though, so that kind of tooltip is meant to refelct it's transformed versions. Metamorphosis does not change from 1 spell to another, so there is no reason to include Destruction & Affliction in it's tooltip at all.

Of course it's unlikely that Metamorphosis will be baseline but at best all we can say at the moment is that it's a very misleading tooltip.