Thread: MoP Legendary?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    While I do understand the hunters calling for an Agility polearm, note that you were given the final legendary (Bow) of Burning Crusade, while the most previous multi-tank legendary was Thunderfury at 60. That said, I think it's fair to assume that the next legendary in sequence should be a tanking item of some kind. Whether it is restricted to shield-wearers or something that every tank could use, I personally don't see an Agility weapon taking priority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flir129 View Post
    While I do understand the hunters calling for an Agility polearm, note that you were given the final legendary (Bow) of Burning Crusade, while the most previous multi-tank legendary was Thunderfury at 60. That said, I think it's fair to assume that the next legendary in sequence should be a tanking item of some kind. Whether it is restricted to shield-wearers or something that every tank could use, I personally don't see an Agility weapon taking priority.
    Hunters prolly wont use polearms anymore in MOP, since there isnt a seperate slot for melee and ranged. I do see what you mean though. they could work around the fact that some of the tanks use strength and others use agil, and some 1h+shield and some 2h. By doing a non-weapon. Like someone suggested earlier, make it a cloak. But i think the problem with that is also balance. How to make it good enough to be worth the hassle of getting it, but not too good that its OP. Seeing that Cloaks dont have that many stats on them from the get-go is hard to balance.

If i recall blizzard stated legendarys weren't going to be given via who is next in line, but rather how the lore sees fit. They may stick with the rogue model from end of cata and just give it to only shamans, mages, warriors, paladins, DKs, monks, etc.

My bets are on a pair of legendary fist weapons, for Monks and Enh Shammies.

Deleted
    I don't think there will be, but I HOPE there will be a new healing legendary. Preferably something my priest can use. Most likely it will be something else, though.

1- Tanks are too diverse, so blizz wouldn't make an orange to that role so they would only benefit one type of tanks: False, rogues got Tiriosh and Golash, what more specific you want.
    2- Rogues needed an incentive to play because they were too few, so that's a rare case: Tanks are the least playable role since they had to add the reward system bag in the dungeon tool to make them play the role more.
    3- Locks are getting a major overhaul and buff, plus DWT is too close to have another caster weapon
    4- Same for Mages, SP, Moonkins, Elem Sham. DWT says hi.
    5- Healers got a weapon 1 expansion ago, which was used until the last tier of WotLK.
    5- Hunters got a rare bow at the end of TBC, which is long ago but with the new weap system it will be the same type as rogue, only they can use range, and hunters are among the most playable classes, not improbable but I doubt they are priority now.
    6- Plate DPS saw Shadowmourne, Warglaives and Sulfuras, highly improbable.
    7- Feral Druids had 1 version in a staff in a time were feeral wasnt viable in pve. Possible Staff
    8- Enhance Shamans had Sulfuras long ago, but TF was before, so in time, tnaks haven't seen a legendary in a longer time, still possible.
    9- A new class, monk, was added w a tanking role and use staves, feral druids main type of weapon is also staves, highly probable a staff is coming.
    10- Warr/Pally Tanks have been neglected since T1, also highly probable.

All that points that unless blizzard totally change the way to approach these facts, which is possible, tanks will see a legendary in the next expe, i'd say in order of need because of queue:
    1- Tanks (Warr/Pallies or Monk/Druid)
    2- Enhance/Monk DD
    3- Hunters
    4- Healers

take your pick.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Albert Einstein

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by narzhul View Post
    they already said there won't be
    no they did not, ffs...

they will have class specific legendarys which change stats with your respec ... therefore everyone auto wins this game

we wont be seeing or hearing anything about legendarys till later into MOP and tbh we arnt close to it

Well here's the breakdowns so far:
    2 Str/3 Int/4 Agi legendaries

2 Staves
    2 1H Sword
    1 2H Mace
    1 Bow
    1 Dagger (set)
    1 2H Ax
    1 1H Mace

Not yet used:
    Crossbow, Gun, Thrown(removed from game in MoP), 1H Ax, 2H Sword, Polearm, Fist Weapon, Wand.

They've yet to go 2 expansions in a row without a str/int/agi weapon.

Given all that, I expect a Str item and either a healer item or a non-rogue Agi item (either a hunter bow or a polearm). With Garrosh being the final boss, and an ax wielding warrior, I'd expect a str ax in the final tier. If that's the case, I'd expect monks to get the other legendary (assuming only 2 legendaries). That'd make it either a polearm or a healer Staff/1H mace. My bet is a healer mace that plays on the mistweaver melee DPS to heal mechanic.

But you never know, Blizz could pull something out of left field and give us a legendary tabard or something crazy like that.

Tank legendary first (probably class specific)
    Followed by legendary aimed toward Monks but will be available to other classes too (perhaps healer centric)

Or the other way around.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I think they should do a 2h sword since they've never done before (Ashbringer doesn't count) and we haven't had a 2h since wrath.

I mean it's asian themed so they could do like a really cool katana style sword. I think there's a lot of potential.

Otherwise agi staff would be neat since they never done before and monks could use.

Last option would be some sort of tank item, they could get real creative with a shield idea (which healers could use) and give it a neat proc like the bulwark.

Imo it'll be one of those three