Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post
    i'd rather they took off level caps on dungeon requirements.. So when i'm bored at 90 and want to cycle through old dungeons, I can queue and help 4 lower levels through without them getting a penalty.
    That's actually coming as well, they said probably not at launch but by the first major patch level scaling will be in the game.

Was said during the press tour.

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    I can't believe people are complaining PVp and pve realms are going to merge u have to give blizzard some credit do you really think they would be that dumb
    Yeah that's not happening here, only way you can get on a pvp realm from a pve realm is to group with a real id friend on a pvp server.

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 12:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dordric View Post
    Cross-Realm Zones Coming to Beta: Also know as "we don't have any players"
    10.2 million people say hi
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-05-11 at 04:44 AM.

I really want to start seeing changes for dks the current state of them in the beta is pretty bad..finding it extremely slow and boring to play DW frost as it currently sits, I really hope it doesn't launch like this.

Im excited for the pvp stuff this will bring over anything else.

Pretty much called this in the other thread about the non-existant 10.2 million subscribers. Blizzard are unwilling to admit that the number of subscribers is actually in steep decline in the US & EU.

They would rather keep running a hundred lowpop servers than make an admission that would send investors fleeing. So the natural solution is to crossrealm everything, including regular gameplay... which is cool for us PVE'ers, but kind of economically retarded for Blizzard.
    Actually no that's SW:ToR your thinking of http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/sta...rpg/no-change/ That video was made on Aprl 24th, fast forward 2 weeks and no that was actually a lie they are losing subs.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-05-11 at 04:55 AM.

Guild Wars 2 had it first, this is just blizzard copy pasting ideas into wow to keep people playing it.

This is such a great feature that helps the players so much, the only thing ashamed about it is that they introduce it as some "new technology" now, when they realistically could have implemented it ages ago. Well, now's the best time I guess, when such an idea has proven popular in other games and when they could use it advantageously to counter their realm pop problems. Better late then never seeing it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pusekatten View Post
    Guild Wars 2 had it first, this is just blizzard copy pasting ideas into wow to keep people playing it.
    Im pretty sure all the cross realm stuff was put into the game way before GW2 was out of alpha. Look back to pre cata when they consolidated Battle groups that's probably when blizz was thinking about doing this stuff.

Deleted
    They mean the oveflow system from GW2 , where the system puts random players from random servers , in 1 common server , instead of waiting in the login que .
    But i find it strange , that after all these time in the MoP beta , and 1 week after GW2 open beta , they introduce this system
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-05-11 at 05:26 AM.

now they need to reintroduce group/elite quests to support group play again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulli View Post
    now they need to reintroduce group/elite quests to support group play again
    Yeah, this. So many group quests can be soloed in halfway sufficient gear, I hope that the inject a reason to group instead of grouping just because you can. I miss the days of needing help killing Knucklerot in Ghostlands :P

My question is: what happens once you are level 90 on a low pop server that would need something like this? Still have a dead economy, lack of pug raids or rbgs, and lack of community. Will there be more availability of cross-server raids? Because in my mind, this just gives more of a possibility for people to behave as they do in LFR (i.e. like total jerks), because they know they will never see these people again. Coming from an absolutely dead server (3 guilds actively raiding, 1- 25man, 2-10man) with an AH that half the time doesn't have flasks or potions up, no pug raids for alts, no rbgs, no.... life... to it, I am more concerned about addressing low pop servers in a way conducive to end game (and not giving Blizz over $600 in xfers for my husband and my toons).

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    But i find it strange , that after all these time in the MoP beta , and 1 week after GW2 open beta , they introduce this system
    It's by no means new tech as blizz advertised it in the post, they in all likelihood introduced it now that guild wars 2 demonstrated it works and is popular, and didn't bring it out earlier because of the large profit they get from payed realm transfers. Even if it's a great feature for players that would really help a lot of their player base, why would they introduce something that will chop their own profits by lowering the need for one of their other services. Now that other games offer it though, they have to to compete and as such made a timely introduction to it.
    I'm not putting them down for it since it's very smart and makes a great game, but since it's creation WoW has always been a game that takes features that other games have proven popular, and was created on that basis.

Deleted
    WORST

IDEA

EVER!

LFD, LFR, Cross-realm pvp arena & battlegrounds have RUINED server community so that you don't bother to get to know people as much as before since you will meet so many people you probably won't see again.

Also, most servers are horde populated so this will just make it worse for alliance players.

The fun of Vanilla was to find people questing n leveling on your server n becoming friends, and now I'm supposed to meet people I won't see again cuz they'll be on another realm with guilds I thus won't be able to join. This is worst idea ever! What's next!?

Heh. Blizzard really are just looking at Guild Wars 2 production notes and out right copying things now. This is hilarious... and a sign of a serious lack of innovation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghora View Post
    i thought star wars was in decline the past few month
    TOR lost 25% of its playerbase in the last quarter, dropping from 1.6 million players to 1.2 million.

That said, Blizzard's greatest strength has always been improvement, not innovation. Iteration, not invention. That's one of the reasons WoW is such a juggernaut. They do come up with plenty of new ideas, and also borrow plenty of ideas from other games, but their area of expertise is refining those ideas by polishing them over and over.

Naturally this isn't the be-all-end-all solution to low population realms. In all seriousness, Blizzard simply opened too many realms over the years and needs to start merging some of the low population ones (while taking into account faction balance needs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Heh. Blizzard really are just looking at Guild Wars 2 production notes and out right copying things now. This is hilarious... and a sign of a serious lack of innovation.
    Because you know when the genre of "cross realm zones" came into Blizzards agenda. WoW had cross-realm bgs and dungeons before cataclysm. In most cases, they probably already thought about cross realm zones. Guild Wars 2 implemented it, was popular Blizzard FOLLOWED the same steps NOT COPY. Not hard to pay attention to events happening prior in games that are of the same variation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    WORST

IDEA

EVER!

LFD, LFR, Cross-realm pvp arena & battlegrounds have RUINED server community so that you don't bother to get to know people as much as before since you will meet so many people you probably won't see again.

Also, most servers are horde populated so this will just make it worse for alliance players.

The fun of Vanilla was to find people questing n leveling on your server n becoming friends, and now I'm supposed to meet people I won't see again cuz they'll be on another realm with guilds I thus won't be able to join. This is worst idea ever! What's next!?
    Next should be your time to leave.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Be honest with yourself. Is it better to imitate the competition, or fall behind them?

Forget innovation. If another game introduces a cool, popular feature, there's no reason for Blizzard to not try their own hand at doing the same thing. Why limit themselves just because someone else thought of it first?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to buggy as hell, I bet, for about 2-3 patches.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    WORST

IDEA

EVER!

This wont be anything like LFD, LFR, you're out in the open world not a group of 5 or 2 people.

Horde are most populated in most severs? Since when? - complete bullshit

This happened in Vanilla, because it was a NEW game.

Also this encourages world PvP which looks massively orgasmic, low populated servers will have some more enjoyment with playing with new people. Now that they have cross-realm raids AND zones now. Great change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    That's actually coming as well, they said probably not at launch but by the first major patch level scaling will be in the game.

Was said during the press tour.

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 12:43 AM ----------

Yeah that's not happening here, only way you can get on a pvp realm from a pve realm is to group with a real id friend on a pvp server.

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 12:45 AM ----------

10.2 million people say hi
    yeah, that's why they feel need to make things like this. because WoW is so overcrowded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not just become BattleTag or RealID friends with them? You'll be able to chat, group, raid, or PVP with them cross-realm. Literally the only thing you wouldn't be able to do is join their guild.

The fun of Vanilla was to find people questing n leveling on your server n becoming friends
    Yeah, too bad that seven years have passed and very few people are still level 23. I'm not exactly sure what you want Blizzard to do, here? The lowbie zones are deserted because players are playing higher level characters, leveling in dungeons, etc.