Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This really needs to be an optional feature. Regardless of what the intention of low level zones has been in the past, they've evolved (and have even been designed quest-wise in most places) as rather solitary singleplayer areas. People expect, and some have even grown to like, that quieter atmosphere. It's useful for farmers, rare mob hunters, roleplayers, and just those that prefer getting away from other players for a while.

It's a great feature, but by making it always-on it's going to alienate a bunch of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Possibly. There are logistical issues even if the technical ones are solved, however. Can you picture ALL of the trade chats?
    Region wide, just you wait.

Deleted
    I like how everyone is ignoring the fact that this will destroy low populated servers' economies, if the high level zones with the current ores and herbs are not excluded from cross-realm. The thing is, everything is overpriced at the moment in low populated servers, for example Queen Garnets still go for 3k+ gold on my server, Inferno Rubies for 250g+ each, Essences for 150g+ each, stack obsidium for 120g+ each, stack Azshara's Veil for 120g+ each and so on. Depriving the economies of low populated servers from materials even further will bring us to unreachable inflation levels.

Deleted
    Time to transfer to a PvE realm I guess.

Wow... And they just announce it with a blue post like that!? This is easily one of the biggest features of the expansion so far!

I'm actually getting more and more tempted to pick up the game again in MoP. Many of these changes are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by gums View Post
    This is awesome.

However, I would like to thank Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars for this. Not because "Blizzard stole their idea or someone else did it first", but for the first time in awhile, WoW has some competition.

Competition leads to innovation, leads to companies trying to stay ahead and learn from others, and most importantly it leads to new things like this where we, the customer, benefit.

This is going to be awesome.
    i thought star wars was in decline the past few month

Deleted
    I knew this would happen, nice change...
    But if this is the way blizz is adressing the low pop realm problems in MoP then I can say that I'm completely unsatisfied and this move was already predictable.
    What can the damn cross realm low lvling do to me if I want my guild to recruit fresh raiders? What???
    Just doing cross realm LFR, older raids and bgs is not that fun when you just want more people in your realm so you can progress.
    I really hope this is not how their will adress the low pop problem else I'm disappointed. And a lot more people will probably think the same and they will either shallow it and transfer to a better populated realm or they will quit. Also I predict quite a lot of bot farming and rage over mining nodes/herbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe people are complaining PVp and pve realms are going to merge u have to give blizzard some credit do you really think they would be that dumb

Yes this is true some other games might have came up with the idea first most notably GW2 announcing guilds will be present across every server but it was surprising WoW actually kept this quiet and was able be like "Hey look what we have now" without someone mining it and saying its a rumored piece of info lol. Keeping up on tech and what makes the game better in the long run is the endurance blizzard creates in their games. Overall gj on making WoW a touch better...again.

This doesn't help those of use who are already max level on dead servers at all.

I can't even buy landslide on the AH one my server, that's how bad it is right now.

I sincerely hope this isn't all you have planned to help deal with low Pop servers.

Deleted
    Pretty impressive move from Blizzard.
    Seems like they still can innovate, I'm curious to see what's next.
    Personally I would be interested in cross realm AH in case my realm went low pop in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ghora View Post
    i thought star wars was in decline the past few month
    It is, but it was still a sizable game to come along for awhile, and whether it fails or not, Blizzard knows it can't just get by any more.

There are more MMOs coming, pushing everyone, whether it is Age of Conan, WoW, Guild Wars 2, or whatever, game developers need to continue to be pushing and innovating like this in order to get us and keep us as customers.

Quote Originally Posted by zilvis View Post
    Yes this is true some other games might have came up with the idea first most notably GW2 announcing guilds will be present across every server but it was surprising WoW actually kept this quiet and was able be like "Hey look what we have now" without someone mining it and saying its a rumored piece of info lol. Keeping up on tech and what makes the game better in the long run is the endurance blizzard creates in their games. Overall gj on making WoW a touch better...again.
    ^this is something I've always loved about Blizz, take an idea and see how they can make it better. I'm hoping this leads to xrealm heirlooms sooner rather than later

Cross-realm zones have so much exploiting potential. I can't wait for this to be implemented

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like this. I really do.

Honestly, I'm not impressed. It's impossible to find decent people to join your 25man raiding guild and this doesn't help the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    This doesn't help those of use who are already max level on dead servers at all.

I can't even buy landslide on the AH one my server, that's how bad it is right now.

I sincerely hope this isn't all you have planned to help deal with low Pop servers.
    Until a merged AH, Low pop server economy will always be terrible, there is no fixing them outside of a server merge itself, and even then that won't guarantee anything.

Blizzard already gives you the option to move to a large population server with server transfers, it is yourself whom refuses to use it.

Cross-Realm Zones Coming to Beta: Also know as "we don't have any players"

Deleted
    PvE noobs need to stop their QQ. who cares if there is world pvp and ganking, that is what the world of WARcraft is about. if you dont like it go and play hello kitty world adventure or farmville on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Until a merged AH, Low pop server economy will always be terrible, there is no fixing them outside of a server merge itself, and even then that won't guarantee anything.

Blizzard already gives you the option to move to a large population server with server transfers, it is yourself whom refuses to use it.
    Also, with how easy it is to level, start a new character on a new high populated server if you can't transfer because of money.