My guild went on vacation so I thought of going back to some FPS gaming.

I got to admit it has one good, and one bad aspect. Both big ones.

The good aspect is that it's straight to action. Not even a clan needed. Without being restricted to a low skill setup such as LFR or a random battleground you go straight to raw action. Some public servers will be bad but one can detect some ones that have only high skilled players, if one knows the game well. Also it's straight to action for another reason: all are practically same in gear, so most have the same chance (ping excluded, and minimally hardware).

The bad aspect is almost the same, the simplicity. WoW offers a more complex gameworld. FPS gaming while raw and "true" it suffers from simplicity. It ends up being a "reflex contest". Even if one does have reflexes then it becomes a ping contest, and in some cases a hardware contest. WoW is more flat on the skill handicaps. There strategy and organisation play a much more important role. FPS gaming is 80% reflexes, 20% strategy, and mind. Sure, you will lose without being smart, but it's probable to be better with bad strategy and perfect reflexes compared to right strategy and bad reflexes.

All in all, I wished WoW was more straight to action while retaining its lack of simplicity and FPS gaming a bit more complex.