Thread: Books

Deleted

Books

So yea, iv been playing since mid TBC and i think its about time i read the books, any suggestions 1st? lol

Doesn't really mater, most books are kind of crap.

The War of the Acients is half decent
    The books that play around the time of the first and second war are also decent

Biggest issue with World of Warcraft books is that it is 200 a 300 pages which isn't enough to tell a decent story. It feels to short, it feels like their skipping stuff and the structure of the books suffer because of that.

However I am kind of a critic and not easy to please, I prefer character development so books that just have 300 pages are a no go for me. I expect a book to be at least around 500-600 pages and to be a trilogy (at least) or else I won't even bother touching it (WoW books and Star Wars books have been a exception).

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a separate forum for this.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/2...ws-Music-Books

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Doesn't really mater, most books are kind of crap.

The War of the Acients is half decent
    The books that play around the time of the first and second war are also decent

Biggest issue with World of Warcraft books is that it is 200 a 300 pages which isn't enough to tell a decent story. It feels to short, it feels like their skipping stuff and the structure of the books suffer because of that.

However I am kind of a critic and not easy to please, I prefer character development so books that just have 300 pages are a no go for me. I expect a book to be at least around 500-600 pages and to be a trilogy (at least) or else I won't even bother touching it (WoW books and Star Wars books have been a exception).
    It's mainstream-commercial fantasy, so it's inherently going to be more than a bit generic. I wouldn't call them crap though. The stories are more interesting than anything that can be found in the game.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-05-12 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    There is a separate forum for this.
    ...but they are asking about Warcraft books, on the World of Warcraft forums. If it was something like, "Game of Thrones" books or w/e, then it would fit in the "Off Topic" forums for Books and such. Yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CamelLogic View Post
    ...but they are asking about Warcraft books, on the World of Warcraft forums. If it was something like, "Game of Thrones" books or w/e, then it would fit in the "Off Topic" forums for Books and such. Yeah?
    No. General is strictly for the game. Books still fall under "Books", even if they are Warcraft themed.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-05-13 at 12:42 AM.