Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] LOTR - I just spent 11 hours of my life and loved every second of it.

I finally took the time out to watch the LoTR movie trilogy. I have never felt so happy, sad, and amazed by a film. Thank you Mr. Tolkien and Mr. Jackson. =D
    Last edited by Gottie4u; 2012-05-10 at 11:17 PM.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

Deleted
    I would throughily reccomend the extended editions if you only saw the theatrical cuts, theyre a great trilogy, really absorbing and brilliantly directed and shot! Glad you enjoyed it

If only LOTRO was as good... Its a disgrace to see the best story ever told beeing destroyed by Turbine with their F2P crap.

11 hours is the extended edition (99% sure)

All I have to say is:

About time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottie4u View Post
    I finally took the time out to watch the LoTR movie trilogy. I have never felt so happy, sad, and amazed by a film. Thank you Mr. Tolkien=D
    Thank Jackson for the movie. The books left a lot to be desired. Thank Mr. Tolkien for the inspiration of a lot of things afterwards. =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    Thank Jackson for the movie. The books left a lot to be desired. Thank Mr. Tolkien for the inspiration of a lot of things afterwards. =D
    Indeed! Editing the main post now.

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd seen all 3 movies when they came out in the cinema, but only a few weeks ago realised i'd not seen the extended versions of any of them. I saw a clip on youtube of when Aragorn marches on the Gates of Mordor and yells for their armies to face him. Now from what I'd seen, the gates just open and goblins n shit start coming out, but on this clip on youtube, this weird looking fucker with long teeth came out and I was like 'wait wut is this ive not seen this' and then realised it was a part only on the extended editions. I felt robbed, seeing it also added to the story a bit (wont spoil anything but had something to do with Frodo). I can understand them cutting stuff out to shorten the films, I mean they were long enough without the extended stuff, but as I said, I can't help feeling like I've missed many little bits of story that would make everything make even more sense.

Guess I should really get my hands on the extended editions... :P

Deleted
    I just can't wait for the hobbit!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I just can't wait for the hobbit!!!!!!!
    Same here man!!

Deleted
    I thought they were pretty disappointing after reading the book tbh. Better to read the book first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    What is this? I just can't even... Seriously though these are some the best books of the 20th century.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the extended version is the 11 hour one. I think the non-extended clocks in around 9 or so.

If you have the Extended DVD's I suggest watching the extras discs. It's amazing to watch the production for that movie, especially the costume and set design portions.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-05-10 at 11:42 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i just spent 12hours+ watching the star wars series for the first time.. was amazing lol. maybe i'll watch lord of the rings for the first time next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semetrik22 View Post
    i just spent 12hours+ watching the star wars series for the first time.. was amazing lol. maybe i'll watch lord of the rings for the first time next week.
    Really? Episode 1, 2 and 3 you liked? Not gonna judge you on that or anything... I thought they were terrible and ruined star wars for me :/

The movies were great movies.....but they don't even come close to doing the books justice. They leave out major parts of the plot, and even cut characters out and change how characters were portrayed. They also changed what stories were part of what books.

Again, as far as movies go, they were pretty awesome. They really just don't live up to the books.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah, the extended version is the 11 hour one. I think the non-extended clocks in around 9 or so.

If you have the Extended DVD's I suggest watching the extras discs. It's amazing to watch the production for that movie, especially the costume and set design portions.
    i have to agree, watched the behind the scene works in my film and video production class it was really cool how they managed some of the stuff
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-05-10 at 11:42 PM.
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

I have a yearly watching of the entire extended trilogy. My favorite movies, hands down. I'm still in awe over Return of the King pretty much every time I watch it. There's a reason it's the only fantasy film to ever win Best Picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Really? Episode 1, 2 and 3 you liked? Not gonna judge you on that or anything... I thought they were terrible and ruined star wars for me :/
    if anything killed starwars it is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OnDizZ7UT0

and lets not forget this classic song and dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=HBPeAv_DCVs
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    I'd seen all 3 movies when they came out in the cinema, but only a few weeks ago realised i'd not seen the extended versions of any of them. I saw a clip on youtube of when Aragorn marches on the Gates of Mordor and yells for their armies to face him. Now from what I'd seen, the gates just open and goblins n shit start coming out, but on this clip on youtube, this weird looking fucker with long teeth came out and I was like 'wait wut is this ive not seen this' and then realised it was a part only on the extended editions. I felt robbed, seeing it also added to the story a bit (wont spoil anything but had something to do with Frodo). I can understand them cutting stuff out to shorten the films, I mean they were long enough without the extended stuff, but as I said, I can't help feeling like I've missed many little bits of story that would make everything make even more sense.

Guess I should really get my hands on the extended editions... :P

I can one-up that... Just from watching the movies, I thought Boromir was a douchebag, asshole, and dick, all rolled into one.

Extended edition? Here, have a little scene covering how Boromir doesn't want to do any of it, but his dad, the Steward of Gondor, wants the ring to help bring their family into true power, and won't let Boromir back out, belittling him and the like.

One extended scene, and a complete re-vamp of the character I thought I couldn't stand. My mind was fucking *blown*.

I tried to read the books, before anyone points that out to me, and I couldn't get past the first chapter of The Hobbit, in order to get into the LotR proper. Too dry, too droning, and I literally just couldn't finish the chapter without zoning out.

...However, I do have the full extended version Blu-Ray box set that I haven't gotten around to marathon-watching yet...
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.