To bear upon Death's dear sweet bride

Growing seeds of domination born
    All opposition shall give way
    To an empire spanning from sea to sea
    The iron Ram the only way

A promise given forever more
    To conquer and to shed all fear
    Never to rule, but born of war
    The Lion’s vigil to protect those held dear.

The Raven’s consequence of a latter day,
    Our destruction will meet no end
    Telara is doomed by our ill born fate
    Unless we continue to ascend.

1 like

War is behavior with roots in the single cell of the primeval seas. Eat whatever you touch or it will eat you.

FRANK HERBERT, Chapterhouse: Dune

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 01:57 AM ----------

Dev name: 3 3228466 787

Translates to "3 faction pvp" if you use a phone as your guide :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk this is some code for patch 1.9

Thread title: Default Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 01:57 AM ----------

Translates to "3 faction pvp" if you use a phone as your guide :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously, if the three faction pvp thing is true... I will never unsub from Rift...
    Also he posted a few more times in other forum sections.
    In the PvP and Warfronts Forum, thread titled, "There can be no peace"
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 3228466 787 View Post
    In the public test shard Forum, thread Titled "Be careful what you ask for"
    And finally in the Dungeons and Raids forum, thread titled "Keep your friends close"
    Riddles and mysteries like this were amazing in aion, I loved trying to decipher what the posts meant! I absolutely can not wait until they announce what all this means. It seems to have something to do with three faction pvp but they also posted in the Dungeons and Raids forum so it has to also have something to do with PvE. This leads me to believe that it is alluding to 1.9 which will have 3 faction pvp and cross faction play, or an expansion announcement. Both would be amazing. Can't wait to see what this is all about!
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Could it be the Estrian race? I know there were a crap ton of files when I was able to data mine the game that made a crap ton of references to them in Planetouched Wilds. This seems way more deep then I had expected.

1.9 or 1.10 is probably going to shock some people at the sheer amount of content they put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Could it be the Estrian race? I know there were a crap ton of files when I was able to data mine the game that made a crap ton of references to them in Planetouched Wilds. This seems way more deep then I had expected.

1.9 or 1.10 is probably going to shock some people at the sheer amount of content they put into it.
    Yea, lets just hope its not as dissapointing as the Aion reveals were. :P Hope they don't keep us waiting for long, im dying of agony!
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

787 could also translate to RvR

787 could also translate to RvR
    I think it may translate to Shard vs Shard.

I'm very intrigued...

Hope this isn't a lot of buildup for nothing (I doubt it is). That's really bit some developers in the butt in the past, but I'm pretty confident Trion are going to come out with something cool (like a third playable faction that will let people change sides or something !_!).

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    I think it may translate to Shard vs Shard.
    If I am right Trion is going to copy GW2 mechanics or just flat out add a third faction. I told GW2 fans that devs would waste no time taking good ideas from that game. They are not blind and see the hype.

I mean hell Trion jacked the merc system from TOR less then 2 months after it released and war front queue's have gone to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    (This is not criticism. Trion's very smart.)

Trion is not the first to pull ideas from other games, obviously, but, they're one of the best at *getting it right* when they do it. How many games tried to copy other games' feel and polish, and failed miserably?
    That cross realm thing Blizzard is talking about on the BETA and has a lot of people hyped is something I can see Trion adopting something similar. Only issue is no zones in Rift are instanced and that is the only way you can make it work by basically having loading screens. I PRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY that is not what Blizzard is considering because the damn game is famous for being open.

I really do think Estrian is the 3rd race because on some of the data mined images I have there is what looks like a Rams head on some of the walls. I thought it was a lion, but this mystery dev is leaking details about a ram being the symbol of the new faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good fun reading all the posts and trying to figure out what's going on

So far it seems, part of the code was "cracked" so we know it's 3 Faction PvP or RvR, mystery Dev himself posted that anything to do with Crucia was false so we can ignore that path...

Somebody posted an interesting image from the old Rift Alpha where you can see a Defiant about to leave Shadowlands (the original name for Terminus),notice the marking on his chestpiece, a Raven

Killer hybrid zombie/robot army made by Orphiel Farwind who breaks away from the Defiant, hence the third Faction? theories abound, the plot thickens

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

Somebody posted an interesting image from the old Rift Alpha where you can see a Defiant about to leave Shadowlands (the original name for Terminus),notice the marking on his chestpiece, a Raven
    When I first started data mining Rift there was a empty folder called "Shadowlands", but I could never figure out wtf it was. There is like a youtube vid from E3??? that shows dev running through it. They never did anything with it in live for some reason.

This DOESSSS fit my theory that everytime you kill a dragon something happens to the world:
    Greenscale dead = Scarwood Reach is now Green
    Akylios dead = Access to Ember Isle
    Maelforge dead??
    Laethys dead =??????...maybe the mountain walls holding the Estrian back collapse and allow them free out of Planetouched Wilds???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Terminus and Shadowlands are two completely different things, and that moon/planet in the sky is supposed to be Telara, isn't it?

From the wiki:

Shadowlands has been described as "where heroes of old have appeared - reborn."[1]. It is also believed that this is an area in a sort of limbo and not actually on Telara.

Behind the Scene:

It was assumed that this could be the starting area of the Defiant,[3] but that is not true. Defiant start the game in Terminus.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that planet in that image new or have I just never seen it in-game? :O
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Is that planet in that image new or have I just never seen it in-game? :O
    Don't think you have seen it since that place isn't even in the game

Don't think you have seen it since that place isn't even in the game
    Sure he has. That planet is Telara. But I believe its set in the future when Regulos has taken over Telara. It serves the same purpose as showing you what will happen if you don't stop Regulos. Though I think this is a much more compelling visual that Terminus. Not sure why they didn't go with it.

Sure he has. That planet is Telara. But I believe its set in the future when Regulos has taken over Telara. It serves the same purpose as showing you what will happen if you don't stop Regulos. Though I think this is a much more compelling visual that Terminus. Not sure why they didn't go with it.
    So if that planet in the background with the death tentacles is Telara, where is that guy in the foreground stood?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    So if that planet in the background with the death tentacles is Telara, where is that guy in the foreground stood?
    Shadowlands was on a different planet.

That planet you see? Thats a visual representation of what Terminus is. A world about to be completely devoured by Regulos.

Think it came out a little wrong, I meant the place where the player is stood.