Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Found the Capra Demon, finally (forgot about the door leading to the Lower Undead Burg). He tore me up last night a good dozen times, but it was late and I decided to sleep on it. This morning I tried a different approach and firebombed his sorry ass back to hell! Heading into The Depths, wish me luck. My Wanderer armor is +2 and my Scimitar is +3. This game is quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Found the Capra Demon, finally (forgot about the door leading to the Lower Undead Burg). He tore me up last night a good dozen times, but it was late and I decided to sleep on it. This morning I tried a different approach and firebombed his sorry ass back to hell! Heading into The Depths, wish me luck. My Wanderer armor is +2 and my Scimitar is +3. This game is quite fun.
    ~Strange Creature Ahead~

~Imminent Curses~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    ~Strange Creature Ahead~

~Imminent Curses~
    To be fair, the strange creatures are kinda funny. Big ol googly eyes.

Those googly eye creatures are awesome! Not difficult, but a great little creature. The boss in that area was...unexpected, but a fun fight nonetheless. Now to find the next door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those googly eye creatures are awesome! Not difficult, but a great little creature. The boss in that area was...unexpected, but a fun fight nonetheless. Now to find the next door.
    Since you met them. By the way, they curse you. When you're cursed, you get instant killed, turned into a statue and show up on other people's game. When you revive you get 1/2 health. Curses stack until you have 1/8th of a health.
    They serve a secondary function for you to find out yourself.

To get rid of it, buy / find a Purging Stone or seek out a particular NPC.

I noticed the very short bar, and saw it fill similar to how the poison/bleed bars fill, so I never stuck around long enough to find out what it did. I figured it just turned you to stone, due to all of the stone people standing about, blocking my movement.

I love that boss, just the little crocodile type head pops up and you're like "Oh crap, a giant crocodile!...", then the rest of it comes into view and it's like "...why couldn't it just be a giant crocodile?" *runs*.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    That's funny, I found Darksiders 2 to work really well on KB+M, I tried it on the Gamepad and it just felt really weird, probably because I was already used to the PC controls.
    Just seen darksiders beat in like an hour and a half on stream by someone using keyboard + mouse, i guess its not too bad

Ended up beating the game not too long ago. Got it when it first came out but I put it away a third of the way through for a few reasons.

Honestly, it's a fantastic game that has alot of overlooked aspects to it. Like the lore and story can be completly missed if you ignore item descriptions and NPC dialogues.

Though it does lose alot of the fun your second way through. It's a very different experience after you've played it through the first time. I always took baby steps with my shield up half of the time, always expecting some sort of giant flying fire monkey to swoop down and explode me to death. Then, when you know what to expect, it's easy to just blow through the areas to the bosses.

And I really dislike how Gwyn has no cutscene to him while most other bosses do. Just going through the fog and begining the fight straight away was kind of a mood killer. Just like a two second shot of how far the sun god had fallen due to his time trying to keep the fire alive out of desperation would have been great. Though, the music that plays is so awesome.

Besides that, I really can't say I enjoyed what they did with Artorias. I mean, the entire time you play through Dark Souls, you're hearing about how much of a bad ass he is. Then when you go through the DLC area, he turns out to be a complete bitch. Where he gets utterly destroyed by some worthless humanity monsters and couldn't even make it to a boss that was even easier than his own battle. All for him to take the credit for it all in the end. I don't know, I had hoped for something better with the guy.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Though it does lose alot of the fun your second way through. It's a very different experience after you've played it through the first time. I always took baby steps with my shield up half of the time, always expecting some sort of giant flying fire monkey to swoop down and explode me to death. Then, when you know what to expect, it's easy to just blow through the areas to the bosses.

And I really dislike how Gwyn has no cutscene to him while most other bosses do. Just going through the fog and begining the fight straight away was kind of a mood killer. Just like a two second shot of how far the sun god had fallen due to his time trying to keep the fire alive out of desperation would have been great. Though, the music that plays is so awesome.
    I disagree with you about running through it a second time. I have spent so many hours in Dark Souls just trying different builds. There are different strategies you can use depending on how you're building your character, and I have not gotten bored yet! I can see how some people wouldn't like it though if you normally aren't an altoholic in games like I am. (;

Also, I think it was kind of fitting that Gwyn just attacks you unceremoniously. I think that in itself shows that he is just a shell of what he used to be. There aren't any words that need to be spoken or actions that need to be shown. He simply rushes you mindlessly. I remember wanting more at first, but after a while I kind of changed my mind, and now I think that it fits very well.

I agree with you about Artorias though. I really like what they did with Sif though and how you can get a different cutscene with him during his fight in the forest if you summoned him to fight Manus with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gone through a dagger int build.
    Strength black knight great axe.
    Dex balder's / fury sword.
    Great sword of Artorias non cursed build.
    Claw build.
    Low level grief build.
    What else...

Demon's Souls, gone through a magic enchant uchigatana build.
    A moon uchigatana build.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I disagree with you about running through it a second time. I have spent so many hours in Dark Souls just trying different builds. There are different strategies you can use depending on how you're building your character, and I have not gotten bored yet! I can see how some people wouldn't like it though if you normally aren't an altoholic in games like I am. (;

Also, I think it was kind of fitting that Gwyn just attacks you unceremoniously. I think that in itself shows that he is just a shell of what he used to be. There aren't any words that need to be spoken or actions that need to be shown. He simply rushes you mindlessly. I remember wanting more at first, but after a while I kind of changed my mind, and now I think that it fits very well.

I agree with you about Artorias though. I really like what they did with Sif though and how you can get a different cutscene with him during his fight in the forest if you summoned him to fight Manus with you.
    Well, I'm not saying it's replayability is bad or anything. The game just feels ALOT different after you've played through it once. Since you know what enemies are coming and how you can get by them. It's the unexpected part of the game that really makes it tense and exciting. After that, while you can still enjoy the combat and new builds, you're already prepared for what's coming after you.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Well, I'm not saying it's replayability is bad or anything. The game just feels ALOT different after you've played through it once. Since you know what enemies are coming and how you can get by them. It's the unexpected part of the game that really makes it tense and exciting. After that, while you can still enjoy the combat and new builds, you're already prepared for what's coming after you.
    Yeah, I can see what you mean by that. Of course, I still randomly get my ass handed to me if I'm being careless or not paying attention, so the game still keeps me on my toes, but yeah, it's not quite the same as that first run through where you're stumbling around not knowing which way is up. I remember freaking out sooo much over my first Ornstein and Smough kill because it took me so long to kill them and I was so proud of myself when I finally beat them. It's not nearly as satisfying now. Still fun, though, but just not the same!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Curses stack until you have 1/8th of a health.
    That got patched. Now curse can bring you down only to 1/2 of max health.

Also, to people arguing about difficulty of the subsequent playthrough of the game. I hope you mean NG+, not just starting a new character.
    Most players never actually see some aspects of the game, like gravolrding in action, since the effects is only noticeable on NG+. And the effect is black phantom enemies. And obviously high level PvP.
    Last edited by Voidgazer; 2013-01-14 at 05:55 AM.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    That got patched. Now curse can bring you down only to 1/2 of max health.
    Well that's boring...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well that's boring...
    Honestly, who'd be stupid enough to get cursed multiple times in a row anyway? You'd think once is enough to teach a new player that getting cursed is not a pleasant experience.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, who'd be stupid enough to get cursed multiple times in a row anyway? You'd think once is enough to teach a new player that getting cursed is not a pleasant experience.
    Challenge runs for shits and giggles.

Oh boy, you'd be surprised.

Finished Blighttown. Brilliantly evil level design. Other than that purple stuff, is there any way to lessen the effects of toxin? Also, towards the end of Blighttown, the area with the 6 or so dart blowers, with all of the hellhounds down below, fuck that place. Seriously. Luckily, the dart blowers don't respawn, so it's basically a kamikaze run to get as many as you can, then retreat back to where you can grab your souls easier after you succumb.

Then came the FFFFFFUUUUUUU moment, when you go back and the mute who upgrades your flasks is dead. Then you go up top and the bonfire no longer works. I think I heard the game do a Nelson laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished Blighttown. Brilliantly evil level design. Other than that purple stuff, is there any way to lessen the effects of toxin? Also, towards the end of Blighttown, the area with the 6 or so dart blowers, with all of the hellhounds down below, fuck that place. Seriously. Luckily, the dart blowers don't respawn, so it's basically a kamikaze run to get as many as you can, then retreat back to where you can grab your souls easier after you succumb.

Then came the FFFFFFUUUUUUU moment, when you go back and the mute who upgrades your flasks is dead. Then you go up top and the bonfire no longer works. I think I heard the game do a Nelson laugh.
    Some armor sets have higher poison resist. Can't remember the name of it, but the ninja'ish looking set you acquire either just before or in Blighttown is great for this.

Oh, and you do know you can resurrect her, right?