Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Yea, the asylum demon. I did manage to kill him after I could use my fireball. Why are you so weak tho? I mean you have to attack a joe shmoe skeleton for like 5 minutes to kill it, and if they hit u twice ur dead. This is just ridiculous considering how difficult it is to maneuver using a keyboard. I've heard the game is difficult, but doging the attacks and whatnot isn't an issue. I don't think I've ever been more dissatisfied with a game in my life. this is just awful.
    You probably went to the graveyard, go the other way, that's a fairly hard zone that you should wait with. You could run through and pick up all the items there though, but you are not gonna be able to kill all the enemies there, and especially not if you decide to go further down in the catacombs.

You are also gonna die the other way, although it's nowhere as bad as the graveyard, which generally is a place you'd go around soul level 40-60. This is what i really like about the game though, if you are good enough you're free to attempt the catacombs right from the start, in fact you can get to several lategame areas very quickly from the start if you know where to go, and if you're good enough you can also manage it.
    Last edited by Fleckens; 2012-08-24 at 06:53 AM.

Yea, the asylum demon. I did manage to kill him after I could use my fireball. Why are you so weak tho? I mean you have to attack a joe shmoe skeleton for like 5 minutes to kill it, and if they hit u twice ur dead. This is just ridiculous considering how difficult it is to maneuver using a keyboard. I've heard the game is difficult, but doging the attacks and whatnot isn't an issue. I don't think I've ever been more dissatisfied with a game in my life. this is just awful.
    You need to stop judging it while you're bad at it, I felt the same when I first got it, but it gets unbelievably good once you get into it.

Get a gamepad also, makes it 10000000000% easier to control.

If you're fighting the Skeletons in the graveyard, they're a lot stronger than you which is why it's taking a long time to kill them, from Firelink Shrine look for the bridge and head up that way, the hollow warriors there should only take 1 or 2 hits from your axe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me. You don't want to go down there until you get a divine weapon. There's a cave in that area that has necromancers that just resurrect the skeletons in them each and every time you kill them, unless you finish the skeletons off with a divine weapon. Not to mention the skeletons tend to make you bleed when they hit you. Not fun in the slightest.

For the time being, look for the bridge near Firelink Shrine, and head up it. Inside that bridge is the first recommended zone in the game. Once you get there, it's a hell of a lot more fun.

If you plan on making a sorcerer, pyromancer, or faith build, be sure to put some points into attunement down the line. Not immediately of course. Endurance/Vitality will serve you well for the first bit of the game.

Also, do work on upgrading your weapons/armor. At the start, you need titanite shards which are fairly common drops (even more so if your humanity (the number in the upper left portion of the screen) is at 10, as that affects your item find)) from the enemies that carry cross emblazoned shields. If you don't upgrade your weapons, you won't be able to progress far, I can assure you.

Be on the lookout for embers as well. They allow you to modify your +5 standard weapons into things like Lightning weapons, Magic Weapons, etc. Have to take them to the right blacksmith though for em to be of any use to you. Basic things to know about that. Magic weapons deal a portion of the damage as magic, and a portion as physical, and adds scaling based on your intellect, so it's good for a sorcery build, as you can just ram intelligence points into your character after getting a great amount of Endurance/Vitality and increase the diversity of spells you can use and increase the power of that weapon. Divine weapons scale with Faith, as one might expect. And the last one that scales with stats is an Enchanted weapon, which again scales VERY well with intellect.

Of course, a good deal of the last paragraph will only be useful later on down the line. But I figure I should tell you this, as it confused the hell out of me when I started out on this game.
    Last edited by Gemini Sunrise; 2012-08-24 at 08:44 AM.

Hey I just saw this on YouTube, it shows you how to get to the new content if you're still unsure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nzWB...eature=g-all-u

Note: You must save Dusk from the Golem behind the Hydra in Darkroot Basin before the item will drop in Duke's Archives.

Deleted
    so yeah people, i really want this game to be good on pc, how is it?
    i do not own a gamepad by the way
    Last edited by mmoc15645c0f5b; 2012-08-24 at 12:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    so yeah people, i really want this game to be good on pc, how is it?
    i do not own a gamepad by the way
    It's pretty good. Little frustrating, but then again I'm pretty much brute forcing my way through it. It'll get better once I understand the game mechanics better.

Deleted
    I meant more like, how fucking terrible / decent / good is the combat system with keyboard and mouse, fps and other important things considering its a pc port
    Last edited by mmoc15645c0f5b; 2012-08-24 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    I meant more like, how fucking terrible / decent / good is the combat system with keyboard and mouse, fps and other important things considering its a pc port
    I would like to know this too because from what i'm hearing so far things arn't great.

Deleted
    It feels like a terrible port, damn.. Couldn't stand the controls after trying for 30 mins and went back to my Darksiders 2.

I've had a few moments where the fps dropped quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    I would like to know this too because from what i'm hearing so far things arn't great.
    It's yucky using PC controls. You see your cursor on screen, and I don't know if it's a bug or if the port is really that bad. I plugged in a gamepad instantly though, and it was fine and dandy.

It's not awful, you just don't know what you're doing. Lots of good advice here though, so I'd definitely suggest heeding it.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2012-08-24 at 02:00 PM.

I heard no FoV options, and just a bad port all around.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Apparently there's a patch to fix the resolution a bit.
    The top screenshot in this image is Dark Souls at 1920x1080 before the resolution fix. The second image is Dark Souls at 1920x1080 after the resolution fix.
    Quite a huge difference.
    Yeah, I was watching a Stream of somebody playing it earlier and it looked really nice. I'm definitely going to be using it once I get my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Siight View Post
    The FoV for the Souls games is already pretty much fine as is. I've never heard anybody complain about it before. It is a pretty bad port though. But hey, that won't stop me. The pros outweigh the cons.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2012-08-24 at 02:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you download these patches through steam? And finding the patches yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Can you download these patches through steam? And finding the patches yourself?
    No, it's not through Steam. You can get it here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siight View Post
    Since when have there EVER been FoV options for 3rd person games...
    People just complaining about anything now.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG OMG I really really want to play. Dark Souls I put in 100 hours into and my character is in NG+ at Anor Londo, waiting to kill everything. Why THE HELL COULDN'T THEY RELEASE THE DLC AT CONSOLES .

Besides all of that, how are the FPS issues?

My specs are:
    -Radeon HD 5850 1gb
    -I5-3550k @3.3ghz
    -8gb ram
    -dx 11

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    OMG OMG I really really want to play. Dark Souls I put in 100 hours into and my character is in NG+ at Anor Londo, waiting to kill everything. Why THE HELL COULDN'T THEY RELEASE THE DLC AT CONSOLES .

Besides all of that, how are the FPS issues?

My specs are:
    -Radeon HD 5850 1gb
    -I5-3550k @3.3ghz
    -8gb ram
    -dx 11
    Watched a guy stream it. Aside from normal livestream (lol) lag, looked VERY good.

Deleted
    Total crappy port. But i didnt expect something else, sadly.

Deleted
    Bullshit like this port should be illegal, 40 euro's for a broken piece of shit.