Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    It will still be great to see on PC.

Stop crying over small issues.

That or go play it on console........
    I'd hardly call them small issues. It's obvious that they aren't trying at all and are only doing this so that they can milk money out of the people who desperately want it on PC. I actually was supporting it through the whole GFWL bit, despite how shitty it is, but I just don't see the point now. It would be great to see on PC, as it's one of my favorite games and I hardly ever play consoles, but I'd only want to play it if they did it right. At this point, there's no difference between the PC version and the console version since they aren't even going to utilize keyboard/mouse functioning or fix the framerate issues (I was looking forward to running it really well on my PC, but not only can I not improve the graphics, I'm still going to get far less than 30 fps in Blighttown). I really, really wanted to buy it on PC but I just don't see a reason to buy a game that I already have if it's not going to be any different. The only thing I see it being good for is for people that don't have consoles and never got a chance to play. =/ It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    It will still be great to see on PC.

Stop crying over small issues.

That or go play it on console........
    And this is why it sucks to be a PC gamer nowdays
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by From Software
    "To be completely honest, we're having a tough time doing it due to our lack of experience and knowledge in terms of porting to PC. First we thought it would be a breeze, but it's turned out not to be the case. We're still developing right now - we're crunching right now.

"In Japan there's not much of a PC market and we haven't really taken into consideration that audience before. That's one of the reasons why we haven't been able to step up on the PC platform until now."
    Just be happy they decided to bring it to PC imo... I was gonna buy the console version anyway so I dont care if its a direct port.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-issues-remain

Quote Originally Posted by Big Law View Post
    Just be happy they decided to bring it to PC imo... I was gonna buy the console version anyway so I dont care if its a direct port.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-issues-remain
    I would be happy if it were getting a proper port because I was super excited for this. Now though, I'm very skeptical as to if I will purchase it or not.

GFWL is horrible and I almost refuse to buy any game that incorporates this nonsense. I've been locked out of the few games I have that use this feature more times than I can count because of how terrible it is. It's pretty much universally hated amongst PC gamers and I have no clue why any company uses it anymore. It's horribad.

As far as their statements, I applaud their honesty (something that is very rare nowadays), but unfortunately it's not helping. I can deal with some framerate issues (although it's silly to leave them in...), but I'm MUCH more concerned with how it handles. One of the biggest downfalls of console ports to PC is that the game plays horribly. The games are unresponsive, have very loose controls, and are just painful to play. THAT'S what I'm afraid of. If that's the case, no amount of amazing gameplay can make up for horrible controls, especially if you don't have the option to rebind them to a more comfortable setup.

My question is; if they knew they has NO experience porting to PC, why wouldn't they bring on a few contractors who DO have experience doing successful PC ports who can help guide them in the process? The initial investment would definitely pay off with a better quality game that would sell more copies.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it struggles on PC, piracy gets blamed, and PC gamers see even FEWER ports of good console games to PC. It's exactly what happened with Bulletstorm. The game was a HORRIBLE port to PC and sold like shit because of it. But of course piracy gets blamed, not the shitty port job they did. It's really frustrating.

PC gamers won't, and shouldn't, be happy with trashy ports, so they won't buy them. If companies haven't figured this out yet I'm not sure what else to say...

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it struggles on PC, piracy gets blamed, and PC gamers see even FEWER ports of good console games to PC. It's exactly what happened with Bulletstorm. The game was a HORRIBLE port to PC and sold like shit because of it. But of course piracy gets blamed, not the shitty port job they did. It's really frustrating.
    Pretty much what I was going to post. There is just no victory for PC crowd here.

When it comes and if it fails sales wise because of these shortcomings they've been announcing lately, it gets blamed on piracy and PC crowd in general being "too small for profit" and chances of getting good console games over for PC diminishes virtually close to nothing. (And console crowd go all "lol entitled PC gamers bla bla bla" when all we want is a well functioning and easy to manage product.)

If it sells well, it's a thumbs up for a lot more shitty cheap ports in the future because they know that regardless how much they stick that chainsaw on rear end of PC gamer the game WILL sell no matter how low quality the end product is just on the console hype alone.

Either way, it's a loss to us as a community :<
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

It's going to be depressing to have a horse-power pc and you're still lagging terribly in blighttown for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Well, they did say this was a straight port and that they had no idea what they were doing. Not surprising.

as long as the game is playable i can get over the omission of the whole resolution thing. people who played on the consoles will be upset people who don't own a console will just be happy to be able to play the game.

I get the feeling there is very little motivation and passion involved for this port. And when sales aren't adequate they're going to fall back on "the PC market isn't viable" instead of considering their own commitment.

Demons and Dark soul thrived in an age where Japanese console games have a very rough time competing, simply by being outstanding and getting a great word of mouth reputation rather than expensive marketing. If they want to rely on the same selling strategy for PC, having a port that is worse than even our typically low expectations isn't going to do them any favors at all.
    Last edited by Lazy Gecko; 2012-08-09 at 08:14 PM.

man considering these guys only brought the game to pc because players asked for it, we should be happy its not any worse than the consoles.

Deleted
    this game sounds like a lot of fun, but since its a pc port i'll most likely wait untill i've seen / read some review for it on pc

Deleted
    Problem is, if they don't get enough sales to cover the investment they will declare "PC gaming dead" and never try anything PC related again, despite that the reasons why they didn't sell many copies probably is due to abysmal effort on their part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Problem is, if they don't get enough sales to cover the investment they will declare "PC gaming dead" and never try anything PC related again, despite that the reasons why they didn't sell many copies probably is due to abysmal effort on their part.
    Or blame piracy.

Deleted
    I am dissapoint From Soft if the port is that horrible I probably wont buy it. When they asked the community if they wanted a game like this they put up a vote if people would buy it and I voted yes but of course if they cant do a decent port that yes will turn into a no. I cant wait to hear the opinion of EpicNameBro on this subject.

here is something interesting that was linked in the steam forums:

http://www.bluh.org/?p=263

Deleted
    So much disinformation.... They are previews, not reviews. Big difference.

---------- Post added 2012-08-12 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quick and easy money. The ones who didn't read up on all of the bad stuff (GFWL, not utilizing keyboard/mouse, FPS issues etc) will buy this game.
    Too bad they are going to blame the pirates for "bad sale numbers".
    I know about the issues because they've been open and honest about their experience with porting and results, yet I'm still going to buy it because I think I might actually like the game.

Also stop whining about graphics people, I've seen worse (for example skyrim)

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    So much disinformation.... I've seen worse (for example skyrim)
    Just no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Just no.

How about go somewhere and look straight into the ground, or a rock, or a flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    How about go somewhere and look straight into the ground, or a rock, or a flower?

OK, now show me something similar in Dark Souls at close range.

Deleted
    They should have gone with steam if they didn't want to handle the online networking, instead. GFWL is not even available in loads of countries if much hasn't changed since i last tried it. I tried playing the Age of Empires Online beta, and even though Hungary was in the few countries that were supposed to be supported, it didn't actualy work for me. I had to create a new email adress, and use a UK adress so i could even get an account.