Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    will be available on the PC platform in Europe and Australasia on August 24th 2012 and later this Winter on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 as a downloadable content.
    So I have to keep my head buried in the sand for 3-5 months to avoid spoilers?

It's not faaaaaiiiiiiiiiir ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    honestly if you're a serious game just get a gamepad. it will almost always outdo keyboard and mouse controls in any third person action game.
    Please don't start the Mouse/keyboard vs gamepad flame war. There is just as much evidence denouncing your claim as there are supporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    So I have to keep my head buried in the sand for 3-5 months to avoid spoilers?

It's not faaaaaiiiiiiiiiir ;_;
    I last heard that it was October. But if it actually is Winter, that's really disappointing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if the DLC is in the pc version? I know that the DLC is coming out in winter for the consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Does anyone know if the DLC is in the pc version? I know that the DLC is coming out in winter for the consoles.
    I think Prepare to Die is the DLC.

Edit: Seems like it http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...g-to-consoles/
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-24 at 02:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I think Prepare to Die is the DLC.

Edit: Seems like it http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...g-to-consoles/
    wow.... I don't know what to say.... I can buy it and stuff but... wow I can't believe the guys who have it on the consoles will have to rebuy the entire thing and fucking get to the artorias part again...

ANd I am one of those fucking people!

I kept making time for myself to see when the DLC will be coming out on the PSN store as my friend said this as well. But I can't believe it only came out for the PC version and the console guys have to wait till Winter.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2012-08-24 at 02:10 AM.

They don't have to rebuy the entire game since Darksouls is being released as "Prepare to die edition" on pc which comes with the DLC

While 360 and PS3 buy it like any other DLC and it will be titled "Artorias of the Abyss" for $15.

Sorry I should have worded it a bit better.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-24 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't have to rebuy the entire game since Darksouls is being released as "Prepare to die edition" on pc which comes with the DLC

While 360 and PS3 buy it like any other DLC and it will be titled "Artorias of the Abyss" for $15.

Sorry I should have worded it a bit better.
    No you poop. The DLC comes out in the winter. Do you have any idea how ball-busting that was when I read that. Damn, I honestly find this to be the stupidest thing happening. Why release the game with a bad port with the DLC if you aren't even going to deliver the DLC to the consoles where most have already bought it.

They just want more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    No you poop. The DLC comes out in the winter. Do you have any idea how ball-busting that was when I read that. Damn, I honestly find this to be the stupidest thing happening. Why release the game with a bad port with the DLC if you aren't even going to deliver the DLC to the consoles where most have already bought it.

They just want more money.
    As I understand the DLC was developed during the port since they have zero experience porting they made the dlc and are giving it to all PC owners of Darksouls as a way to apologize for the bad port.

Just be happy that once the DLC does come out it will be far more polished than the PC version similar to Skyrims dawnguard being released first on 360 with lots of bugs then released some time later for PC nicely polished.

I'm so happy.
    I'm so stoked to fight Artorias. I'm really glad I decided to buy the port after all.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I'm so happy.
    I'm so stoked to fight Artorias. I'm really glad I decided to buy the port after all.
    How is it so far?

Im stuck at work and unable to play until I get home and download it

Wasnt available for pre-loading before I left.

How is it so far?

Im stuck at work and unable to play until I get home and download it

Wasnt available for pre-loading before I left.
    There's a 1080p patch that somebody came up with, which is really nice-looking. I'm playing on my laptop right now so I just gotta stick with 720p, but if you are able to run it in 1080p, then it's really pretty. Overall, I'm happy with it so far. GFWL didn't give me any trouble, and there are a lot of people playing, so there's lots of invaders/potential co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    There's a 1080p patch that somebody came up with, which is really nice-looking. I'm playing on my laptop right now so I just gotta stick with 720p, but if you are able to run it in 1080p, then it's really pretty. Overall, I'm happy with it so far. GFWL didn't give me any trouble, and there are a lot of people playing, so there's lots of invaders/potential co-op.
    Heard about that, Apparantly only took 30mins after the release for that mod to be released.

Can't wait for the pvp!

Gosh im still not sure what type of character I want... :S

10+ Year Old Account
    So like...how to u even cast your spell as a pyromancer. I'm using KB/M and can only swing my nub of a sword at the beginning, which deals like 5 damage to the boss with 9 billion health. seems literally impossible. wtf is going on.

also, has everyone got the HD fix to make the graphics actually PC worthy? the guy fixed the issue before the game even came out....pretty funny how lousy a port it is. seriously tho, cant figure out these controls at all.

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=92

ill also leave the instructions and disclaimer and what not http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-08-24 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    So like...how to u even cast your spell as a pyromancer. I'm using KB/M and can only swing my nub of a sword at the beginning, which deals like 5 damage to the boss with 9 billion health. seems literally impossible. wtf is going on.

also, has everyone got the HD fix to make the graphics actually PC worthy? the guy fixed the issue before the game even came out....pretty funny how lousy a port it is. seriously tho, cant figure out these controls at all.

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=92

ill also leave the instructions and disclaimer and what not http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240
    Do you mean the stray demon? You probably won't kill it the first time you meet it unless you take black firebombs as your gift. When you run into the room there's an exit to your left behind some pots, just hoof it over there. You'll get your flame before you leave the undead asylum, and that the catalyst you need for pyromancy. The second time you meet the stray demon you'll be able to kill it. Use your plunge attack
    Last edited by Drakain; 2012-08-24 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    honestly if you're a serious game just get a gamepad. it will almost always outdo keyboard and mouse controls in any third person action game.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

So the game is available now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    So the game is available now?
    yaaaaaaaaaa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    Do you mean the stray demon? You probably won't kill it the first time you meet it unless you take black firebombs as your gift. When you run into the room there's an exit to your left behind some pots, just hoof it over there. You'll get your flame before you leave the undead asylum, and that the catalyst you need for pyromancy. The second time you meet the stray demon you'll be able to kill it. Use your plunge attack
    Yea, the asylum demon. I did manage to kill him after I could use my fireball. Why are you so weak tho? I mean you have to attack a joe shmoe skeleton for like 5 minutes to kill it, and if they hit u twice ur dead. This is just ridiculous considering how difficult it is to maneuver using a keyboard. I've heard the game is difficult, but doging the attacks and whatnot isn't an issue. I don't think I've ever been more dissatisfied with a game in my life. this is just awful.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-08-24 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Yea, the asylum demon. I did manage to kill him after I could use my fireball. Why are you so weak tho? I mean you have to attack a joe shmoe skeleton for like 5 minutes to kill it, and if they hit u twice ur dead. This is just ridiculous considering how difficult it is to maneuver using a keyboard. I've heard the game is difficult, but doging the attacks and whatnot isn't an issue. I don't think I've ever been more dissatisfied with a game in my life. this is just awful.
    you need to find the replacement sword, which is up on the 3rd level of the asylum.
    after you run from the fight through a door on the left-hand wall you'll enter a room with a campfire(savepoint, world reset, health/magics restore, and estus refill).
    then you go down a hall way with a archer shooting at you, duck into one of the alcoves on the left hand side to find a shield with witch you can block the arrows.

afterwards you procede upwards and you will find the knight who freed you, he is dying.
    he will give you the estus flask, your main means of healing.
    continue upward upon the stairs on the right side, be prepared to dodge the wrecking ball by running back down the stairs and jumping to the right(too high and you will take dmg).

further along you will find the replacement sword afterwards you will go through the fog and appear in the asylum demon's room above him, walk off the ledge and press "attack" while mid-air to do a downward stab attack for massive damage.
    hack at his ass for 30secs and ta-da, you've beaten the tutorial.

this tutorial guide brought to you by me.

oh and you should pick the skeleton key for your starting item, seriously its the only way to go.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-08-24 at 06:39 AM.