10+ Year Old Account

Guild wars 2 Pre-purchase key

Hee guys ,

anyone knows if you get the authentication key directly when you pre-purchase guild wars 2 standard edition , or when you finally got the box at home?
    You know your addicted to WoW when...

... you go to a funeral, and try to loot the corpse.

Depends where you bought it from. Where'd you get yours? I pre-purchased my CE from Gamestop and got my key in my e-mail.

And did you make sure you pre-purchased, not pre-ordered? An important distinction I suspect was lost on many hapless folk.

Depends on where you buy it, and how the retailer gives out the keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oke , thnx for the answers guys !
    I pre-purchased so the key must be somewhere hehe , I'll give them a call !

Since I want to play the stresstest monday I thought and go pre-purchase this epic game.

Where did you pre-purchase it from though? Some places give it to you on the receipt, some sell you a box that you get right away, some email you the code, and some have to mail you the box to your house.

I'm not exactly sure how it works if you purchase directly from guildwars2.com though, since I bought mine from a brick and mortar store.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how it works if you purchase directly from guildwars2.com though, since I bought mine from a brick and mortar store.
    They email you the code.

I just read the facebook post by ArenaNet discussing this subject and clicked their link to the authorised resellers, and found the pre-purchase £10 cheaper at the reseller than on the GW2 website. I didn't expect that. I assumed the price was fixed and the official site had the best price, but I guess not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Where did you pre-purchase it from though? Some places give it to you on the receipt, some sell you a box that you get right away, some email you the code, and some have to mail you the box to your house.

Haha , silly me;p

Scrolled all the way down in the bill confirmation mail , and guess what I found hehe

The key to make an account! Thnx guys!

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 07:44 PM ----------

btw , anyone of you know at what time the stresstest starts Monday 14th?

Deleted

That's a handy site.. I'm always having trouble with those time zones
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    That's quite nifty