Is it worth it to go for it?

I'm currently in the nation guard in till I am sent off in about 4 month for boot camp then I will finally go active. I am extremely excited for it and am doing my best to succeed in this path(Corpsman and proud!). My question though is about a relationship.

Recently a girl was hired at my work and we chat back and forth, I flirt, I think she flirts back(I'm not a lady man ) and it is all fun and games. We went to a movie after work and she fell asleep half way through the movie, normally that would be discouraging but considering she actually fell asleep on me, full blown cuddle. I was rather encouraged. Now my last relationship ended horribly, so I'm picky about who I picked things up with now but man did it feel good having her out on a date.
    Anyways, were going out again to catch some dinner after I get some work, borrowing my dad car as I only have a motorcycle sadly, but I just want to see what random strangers have to say about my situation. Really, is it worth pursuing this? I couldn't even tell you if she liked me or not, we get along but she could just be a flirt like me.

Anyways summary.
    Going military, plan to make it a career. Don't want anything to really hold me back to my fullest.
    Went on a date with a girl, I like her, I think she likes me back, going again.
    Curious as to whether I should keep pursuing this?

I don't expect this girl to be the one, I just want to know whether to pursue with me leaving in 4 month.

ah, the plans of the young...

when i joined the navy i thought it would be a career. turned out it wasn't for me. not saying that will be the case for you, but i recommend just taking things as they come as far as that goes.

4 months is probably plenty of time for a fling to either run its course or get more serious, in which case other plans can be made

Deleted
    Never, ever, let a woman dictate what you do in life. This is coming from a career military man with 12 years experience, I have seen so many people quit the military over a woman only to split up a year or two later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    These forum-fitted relation-questions never make any sense

If you both seem interested in eachother...
    What is there to say?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Go for it, but tell her flat out that you're leaving. Tell her you can make the most of the 4months, or you can just stay friends.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Just see where it goes if you want a fling. If you want something deep, AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Long distance relationships, even when they work, are hellish and ruinous for both people. I'm just getting out of one (ie, we're together now on a permanent basis) but that was 3 years of horrible emotional strain. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, it was worth it, but I would never do it again and I wouldn't tell anyone else to either.

Active like Navy corpsman? Unless there is a navy or marine corps base near where you live where you can get stationed after you go to boot camp you will probably only see her when you go home for holidays. If you can get into a committed relationship in 4 months where she would move to wherever you are stationed the most you could probably do is just date and have fun.

Theres no problem dating and hanging out for a few months but dont promise her anything you cant keep because you'll be moving away and will probably be gone for long periods of time.

As you get to know her, she should learn that you'll be leaving soon. If she's okay with that, make it work. It's up to you to decide if it's worth it. It's not a hard decision to make. It's not the kind that you really need advice on.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Never, ever, let a woman dictate what you do in life. This is coming from a career military man with 12 years experience, I have seen so many people quit the military over a woman only to split up a year or two later.
    Ya I have no plan to let anyone tell me that, while I can't guarentee this will become a career, I do hope for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    These forum-fitted relation-questions never make any sense

If you both seem interested in eachother...
    What is there to say?
    I just don't want to hurt the girl feeling by getting up and leaving. I don't know if I'll be the same kid when out or if a long distance relationship is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Just see where it goes if you want a fling. If you want something deep, AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Long distance relationships, even when they work, are hellish and ruinous for both people. I'm just getting out of one (ie, we're together now on a permanent basis) but that was 3 years of horrible emotional strain. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, it was worth it, but I would never do it again and I wouldn't tell anyone else to either.
    That what I'm thinking, I don't think I could make something like a long distance relationship to work.

She knows I'm leaving, I've said it to co workers plenty of times. I don't know if she knows how soon though. I told her out of boot camp I'll come visit my old co workers though! lol