Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    And this has what to do with my post?
    Supporting the idea that the factions aren't as imbalanced (80% Alliance win ratio) as some people think by providing a lump of evidence from the opposite faction to your Goblin Hunter.

Could you post the breakdown of your BG wins and losses, if you don't mind?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Supporting the idea that the factions aren't as imbalanced (80% Alliance win ratio) as some people think by providing a lump of evidence from the opposite faction to your Goblin Hunter.

Could you post the breakdown of your BG wins and losses, if you don't mind?
    AB: 126/198
    AV: 62/157
    BFG: 26/85
    EoTS: 92/145
    IoC: 50/122
    SotA: 52/123
    TP: 82/143
    WSG: 153/205

Tot: 643/1178

10+ Year Old Account
    all of my characters are horde and I've won about 1/4th of all random battlegrounds across my characters, anyone saying that the game isn't imbalanced in favor of the alliance hasn't been paying attention. I'm fairly certain that whoever is in charge of all this plays a an alliance mage, most likely human.
    weeee!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereyeth View Post
    Because one player makes or breaks the bg, especially in a 40 man right?
    Correct. And in 10 man BG, you are 10% of the group. But in your "massive" 20 game sample, you got AV every time correct? And what about other players who were also undergeared and with no experience? Nah only joking. Everyone in your group took 30min out of their 2400 rating RBG to sign up to a random to help you.

But I think the real question is, how many times did you call tactics in BG chat? I will go out on a hunch and say zero.

So, to sum up ......

You do not know how to play your class.
    You do not have good gear.
    You were not playing in a planned group (players that do, end up playing mostly in a RBG team).
    You did not help lead any group with commands. People might be HK farming, but if you start calling stuff out, they start to listen (unless you ask too much from them such as stop a healer casting heals)

Yes. Every other player on your team was to blame. None of it is yours. You are a gifted talented player and the only reason your team lost was not because of the above reasons, but it was because as a whole, lolhordesuck.

As others have said, the number of win:loss is usually about 50%. MMOchamp had a front page post on it once when the API opened up showing horde BG wins lowering from something like 70% to 50% since the game came out.

For what it is worth I am a very bad pvper, no rating, no skill, no gear. I just hate it when these stupid "my faction sucks" threads pop up and it usually ends up with the player being shit and HK farming while expecting the other players in the team to carry him or to read his mind.

Quick riddle for you. If there are 10 players on a team, and everyone expects someone else to do the objectives/call things out in chat, how many things get done? Hint: The answer is prob the same as your resiliance gear when you stepped into those BG's.

There are days, if you lose more than 3 or 4 bgs in a row, just give up and try another day...

Deleted
    I should also point out that before RBG's came out, everyone who wanted to do a BG had to do a random. This meant that there were better players on both sides. Even half premade groups would be grouped against similar teams. This means that there was less variance in the win:loss ratio. Now, the best players and even half decent players are not doing randoms. Which means that the variance in the win:loss ratio is more than it used to be. However, after a large number of games (as people have posted) those numbers still average out to what is fair to say, is 50:50.

If you flip a coin heads of tails, you have a 50% chance for it to be heads. It does not mean you will get heads every second flip.

But ofc you already know this. You have already factored variance into your sample size of 16, What am I doing assuming you do not understand this. Silly me. I will stand in the naughty corner now.

I would not faction change unless your queue times are really long. You'll find out that it doesn't matter, in most cases, which side you play. I have both horde and alliance on the same server and end up encountering losing streaks on both. It could also depend on the day and time of day. I always go back to thinking that the other faction always wins BG's, but then I go play the other faction on the same server and encounter the same issue. Maybe I'm the cause of it :P

Also, I believe 99.99999% of people who freshly dinged just jump in and try to ...kill things. If you aim at winning, do more objectives because chances are you won't really kill anything.

Do objectives in battlegrounds instead of mindless hk farm hopes. Don't go and pick the flag up in TP, WSG or EotS, though. Get dots on everyone you can instead of trying to kill that <class> with 30% hp. Again, do objectives. Your damaging abilities won't be your best attribute, your cc or how you stay at that base in AB, gilneas, EotS and report attackers will.

I'm saying these because I feel like I can bet anything I own in this world that you are just jumping down that GY and go like heat seeking missiles to the closest enemy. Don't do it.(Or do it and get used to losing.)
    If you believe the situation is so dire, go get crafted gear instead of faction changing and try that way.

16 losses is very easy to get with 3xplayers like you and the usual at least 1-2 bots in team, however as you progress, you will get teams where you gy camp the whole team alone yet your team still finds a way to lose.

Deleted
    I play Alliance on EU-Kul Tiras (Reckoning / Abrechnung Battlegroup) and I've pretty much given up on random battlegrounds now, seeing as how Horde win the vast majority of them.

It really does feel as if Horde are winning 8 out 10 battlegrounds, the only one Alliance stand any chance at winning is Alterac Valley. For some reason I always seem to end up playing against German Horde teams, and they are very very good at battlegrounds.

Edit:

I have just been browsing the German wow forums, it seems as if they are making pre-made groups using some addon, which would explain why they are so good.

Source:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/forum/to...3064773?page=1

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/forum/topic/4001200093
    Last edited by mmoc8d61f1f14c; 2012-05-12 at 09:29 AM.

wow i dont know what battlegroups you all come from but in mine horde win literally 85% of the time.im not joking, i been pvping alliance side in this same battlegroup for several years, alliance rarely wins anything but especially loses WSG,AB ,and Twin Peaks. just a few weeks ago i lost 21 straight twin peak matches before picking up a win and then lost like 9 more after that win. damn, there is battlegroups out there where ally is dominate?..... wtb, mine is mostly idiots or wanna-be battleground heros who fail...

wtf, i've been on alliance/thunderlord since 2004 and unless you're in a premade, alliance seems to lose 75%+ of the time (at least the times i play, prime time). i've been pretty casual pvp'er most xpacs but in tbc i was HARD CORE and it was omg so painful :| it was like i was the only_player_in_every_bg in alliance that had pvp gear on :\

since the end of tbc i havent been back much really, just fartin around here and there but still anytime i go in, it's pretty much 80% losses... and not even close to being "competetive" with horde. like within the first minute or two people are already calling for others to "dont rez, just let them win fast"

Deleted
    Has the human racial really swung the balance of power in pvp this much? I really like hoping that this is a fluke, but unfortunately Alliance wins 80% of the time and most of them aren't even close.
    Let me make the Alliance POV clear here...
    99% of alliance complains about losing almost every random bg

I also get the feeling that I lose random bg ALOT more
    (all my chars are alliance)
    and actually if i look at the stats im on most chars in the range of
    45% won
    55% lost

its nothing more thn the crazy human mind mate..
    if you lose you remember it for the rest of the day
    if you win you think thats normal and forget it in 5 minutes

that lose streak (if you rlly remember it correctly) can be nothing more
    than horrible horrible bad luck, us Allies ALWAYS QQ about losing bgs

just so you know
    Last edited by mmocaa8ea6144f; 2012-05-12 at 09:28 AM.

I've had a similar problem before. Faction / server changed to play with some work buddies and after a few days came back because the PvP was so horrible :P
    I did drag them back with me too though !

Deleted
    Anyone else done this? Hit 85 on my warlock yesterday and lost my first 16 bgs in a row trying to gear up. I've become so frustrated I don't feel like I have a choice at this point.
    Oh you must be the 105k hp warlock I just wrecked for my 30th kill this bg. Thanks for that.

Anyway, it's just as sucky on either side, especially since we know play against germans, English and Spaniards as a French serv. So it's not just like it's the French Horde better than Aliiance or vice versa.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 10:50 AM ----------

Has the human racial really swung the balance of power in pvp this much? I really like hoping that this is a fluke, but unfortunately Alliance wins 80% of the time and most of them aren't even close.
    I have 65% wins on most bg's except for Gilneas for some reason.
    When I bg with a friend or two I never lose.
    Racials are no compensation for lack of skill, and do not explain a victory or loss on their own.

The only map that they win often is AV and that is partly due to it being set up strongly in their favor. Last time any win loss numbers were show the Horde was winning every other map about 4 out of 7 matches.

For the ppl that are upset they lose all the time queue with friends or other ppl you know. Set things in yor favor. If you are dps or a dps/tank fc queue with a healer, if you are ahealer queue with dps you know will peel ppl off of you. I know I rarely lose in bgs but I also always queue with 1 or 2 others at least. AV and Isle are the only 2 you cant do much ab out too many idiots and bots sometimes to get around even with friends. Both factions have to deal with idiots and bots though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I'm alliance and I'm losing sometimes 5-10 ten matches in a row, it feels likke the losing will never end. It's just that mostly random kids that don't know hell join the teams and ruin everything. Especially when you are up against a premade group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else done this? Hit 85 on my warlock yesterday and lost my first 16 bgs in a row trying to gear up. I've become so frustrated I don't feel like I have a choice at this point.
    Part of the problem is that you are in terrible gear, and if it's a 10 or 15 man BG you are dragging the team down. I know you have to start gearing up somewhere but that is the harsh reality.

just throwing my alliance stats in there, copy and pasted straight from statistics:
    AV 131/188 - 70%
    AB 103/163 - 63%
    Gil 105/177 - 59%
    Soa 101/178 - 57%
    TP 134/175 - 77%
    Wsg 101/186 - 54%
    IoC 100/156 - 64%
    Eots 101/405 - 25% (Not Even Joking... worst fucking BG ever in my battlegroup)

granted this is from the point of view from a HEAVY pvp'r (all these wins took approx 6 months total) with full cata gear, grand marshal title, and legendary's who calls almost everything out, has lots of fun addons, and usually pvp's with a friend or two. those that say one person cant make a difference are spewing shit out their asses.

my advice to you is stick to the 40 man bg's, especially in CTA's or pvp with a friend to lessen the pain.
    Last edited by shuryin; 2012-05-12 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    I'm alliance and I'm losing sometimes 5-10 ten matches in a row, it feels likke the losing will never end. It's just that mostly random kids that don't know hell join the teams and ruin everything. Especially when you are up against a premade group.
    Don't expect to win against a premade, it nearly never happens.
    We also have to deal with premades, so that point is null and void as to faction imbalance.

Kids are everywhere, I've played both A and H and they both have their fair share of fucking morons.
    There is no faction imbalance : people who complain about it are most likely the source of the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by speakpkhq View Post
    alliance seems to lose 75%+ of the time (at least the times i play, prime time).
    Would you be willing to link your characters armory that you pvp on because I do not believe that over any meaningful sample size you have lost 80% of the games you have been in? Even Runevara who out of the rank1/2 chars in your guild I looked at, has the lowest win:loss percentage but it still comes out to 39% even with a small sample size over ~200 games.

So yea.... it would be great to have a link to the chars you have been playing on for the last 8 years and seeing such a low win percentage so we can ask blizzard why it is possible that the game is clearly fixed for horde. They will have to listen to us. Even if you played only 2-3 games a week assuming you are a really laid back casual, you will have about 1000+ games sample size and only 200 wins (Although you claim to be hardcore in TBC so I suspect that you have about 10,000 game sample size which is why I am so excited to see your armory).

Together my friend we will bring blizzard to answer for this unfair gameplay......

.... Or more likely you are talking rubbish.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    When I looked at the statistics part of my achievements, I found out that I win about 65% of the time as Alliance and 45% of the time as Horde. It was also showed with the statistics that MMO was doing a while back that it is mostly correct that Alliance are starting to win more than Horde. Honestly it probably has to do with the fact that many of the "hardcore" pvp guys and gals have rerolled Allianced in order to have the strongest advantage possible. If you don't believe me, look at the top 50 teams in 3's and count the Alliance to Horde. Every battlegroup I saw was very dominant Alliance side except one.
    I guess this is due to the every man for himself. However the people playing in the top50 3's arena are almost always doing RBG's not randoms and so this would have almost no effect to the average random BG win percentage. I could be wrong. Doubt it though.
    Last edited by mmoc7369a909d4; 2012-05-12 at 10:09 AM.