Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Flashy stuff draws you in. Good, engaging gameplay holds you there. Social bonds make you keep playing even after the ennui sets in.
    And every wow-killer has fallen flat because the gameplay is not there.
    Wow has managed fine without the flashy graphics for years.
    Also how does some glyph which if so cool would become way too commonly used then actually be something attractive anymore.
    Would meta be so attractive if it was available to every warlock spec ?
    Something flashy remains only attractive when its not common. Therefore does not work as a glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    the Twilight element seems to have gotten into shadow priests and even shamans.
    I don't think it works that way, because Shadowpriests mentally channel the power of an Old God, Shamans have nothing to do with "Darker" essences, while Warlocks use the very Twilight essence that fuels Nether magic, Old Gods and Twilight's Hammer rituals.
    It can also be noticed by Malefic Grasp (animation & description), Twilight Ward, blueish new auras in Demo and the initial name of Void Ray that was Ray of Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I don't think it works that way, because Shadowpriests mentally channel the power of an Old God, Shamans have nothing to do with "Darker" essences, while Warlocks use the very Twilight essence that fuels Nether magic, Old Gods and Twilight's Hammer rituals.
    It can also be noticed by Malefic Grasp (animation & description), Twilight Ward, blueish new auras in Demo and the initial name of Void Ray that was Ray of Twilight.
    Well, it's possible that the new shaman ability Ascendance was either adapted from Twilight Cult magic or independently developed in response to Twilight Ascendants. However, that's mostly speculation. I don't think Blizzard has put in any in-game lore sources on new abilities aside from what's been put in the Legacy of the Masters book, which primarily covers warlocks but also touches on warriors, DKs, and mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    Well, it's possible that the new shaman ability Ascendance was either adapted from Twilight Cult magic or independently developed in response to Twilight Ascendants. However, that's mostly speculation. I don't think Blizzard has put in any in-game lore sources on new abilities aside from what's been put in the Legacy of the Masters book, which primarily covers warlocks but also touches on warriors, DKs, and mages.
    It derives from both old and new lore. As of Ascendants, they have been remodeled so that they don't bear any marks or bindings associated with the Twilight cult, therefore more like "redeemed" versions.

I think that we may get sha(black and white) versions of some shadow spells or soul fire, due to them already been available in some NPC.
    (eg. Black/white shadowbolt)

Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    the Twilight element seems to have gotten into shadow priests and even shamans.
    Funny you mention that, because Shadow Priests already have this "feature."

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Funny you mention that, because Shadow Priests already have this "feature."
    Can you elaborate? I think that shadow priests have the mentality of an Old God but the Warlock as of the newest spells has the ability to manipulate this essence. In fact, Benedictus could use Twilight spells because of the "There is only power" thing he said.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Can you elaborate? I think that shadow priests have the mentality of an Old God but the Warlock as of the newest spells has the ability to manipulate this essence. In fact, Benedictus could use Twilight spells because of the "There is only power" thing he said.
    I'm talking about the feature requested by the OP.

Don't play a warlock, but that would be a super cool gimmick for the demon-loving colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Has appeal no doubt due to being deemed to be cool, but warlocks twist existing schools of magic to their own ends.
    Manifestations of negative emotions are an entity in their own right, and not the consequences of a school of magic.
    Desire for eye-candy being placed above all else again.
    LOL, this guy takes the cake. My God. You probably punch yourself every morning to make sure you don't enjoy your day too much.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    We don't know exactly where the Sha come from, what innitiated them, so we don't know if they are demonic in origin. I doubt it though, and while they look cool, our demons should, in my opinion be demonic. Fel beings from brought here from the twisting nether. I suspect the Sha are more of an Old God thing.
    This, demons are sentient intelligent beings that we have bent to our will to do our bidding, sha's seem more mindless ethereal beings, and are the manifestation of raw emotion which fits the Priest class better I think. Cool art tho and nice idea :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Had to do a double take seeing myself quoted and realising how old this thread is. Funny to see how right I was about Sha being Old God related though. I'll leave the thread open for interested people to discuss, but I don't see much in the plan to have warlocks having Sha pets. And about Deviantcultist's reboot suggestion of the thread about Sha influenced spells: don't see much need for that. So far Sha influence has turned out to be uncontrollable, so I don't see us wielding power like that anytime soon. Maybe in 3 expansions when people reminisce about how cool Mists was, there'll be a growing movement of warlocks asking for black and white fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Moorden View Post
    There's a thread somewhere that has the lore of how they were made. Nothing involving old gods.
    You are actually wrong. There was a seven headed Old God, worshipped by the Klaxxi long ago. The God was slain and from his seven heads the seven Sha manifested, which is even more troubling, as that means that one Sha is yet to reveal itself. The Sha was imprisoned by the last Pandaren emperor and we made them to wake up.