Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Priest and Monk Arena Sets, Pet Battle Update, Blue Posts, Dragon Soul Challenge

Diablo 3 - Achievements, Item Affixes, Boss Info, Legendary Item Information, Set Items, and Monster Affixes

Priest and Monk Arena Set Videos
    The new video preview should be fairly representative of the set you will see in the final version of the game!

Pet Battle System Update
    Since we last covered the Pet Battle system, there have been a few changes and things we didn't mention last time. The table below shows the new pet abilities added in the recent patches.

• You are now able to rename pets as many times as you would like.
    • You are unable to use your character to attack the critters that you can do pet battles with.
    • When doing a pet battle, only the pets you fight with will gain experience, which is granted relative to the amount of damage they do.
    • During a battle, the mobs that are very close will disappear, leaving only the farther away mobs. They will not interact with you until the battle is over.
    • Pets now have a quality similar to items which is not based on the pet itself, as the same pet can have different quality levels for different people.
    • When your pet dies in battle, you can switch to the next one. The damage persists between battles now, requiring healing using a Battle Pet Bandage or Revive Pets.
    • The auction house now has a section for the different types of pets. You can sell almost every pet after using the cage function in the pet journal.

Name Type Power Cooldown Duration Accuracy
    BleatCritter154 rounds100%
    ChewCritter01 round100%
    DevourBeast301 round100%
    PounceBeast1590%
    ProwlBeast05 rounds100%

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Low Population Server Issues
    We do realize that this system does not address all of the issues affecting low population and faction imbalanced realms, but we do feel that it will improve things quite a bit. This is a brand new technology being developed for World of Warcraft, with the purpose of bringing life back to the more barren parts of the world, so this is only the start. What needs to be understood with the cross-realm zones technology is that it opens more doors to future systems that could help with those other matters as well.

There is still no solution how can guilds on our realm find new people for PvE or PvP. What a shame...
    This system will actually assist you in finding players to PvP and PvE with, not to join your guild, but they can join you through the cross-server groups and raids features. While leveling up you will once again have more players in the world to interact with. With friendly players, you will be able to interact with them and maybe end up on each other’s friends’ lists, and grouping up again later for either PvP or PvE. With more players of the opposite faction running about, you will also have more world PvP too

This technology and the systems surrounding it are still in development and as such your feedback on them is greatly appreciated. We hope to have more innovative technologies and systems coming in the future that will keep improving the World of Warcraft experience for everyone! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Healer Leveling Feedback
    1) Spirit doesn't mean "this is for healers" the same way Strength means "this is for plate-wearers." We assume healers will have some pieces with Spirit and some without, depending on their regen needs. If a boss drops cloth with haste and mastery, and you say "there is no healer gear on this boss" we are going to respectfully disagree. That was my point.

2) On the other hand, if you just can't find any Spirit gear anywhere, that would be a problem.

3) It's likewise a problem if say mail, leather or plate-wearers can find Spirit much easier than cloth. That shouldn't be the case, but bugs happen so we'll take a look at it.

4) All healers should have about the same longevity, but that includes all of their sources of mana and the cost of their spells. This isn't an easy thing to compare just by looking at e.g. Meditation.

5) You should have plenty of mana to heal level up dungeons and even heroics. You might need to reforge or be on the look out for a few more Spirit pieces, but overall you shouldn't feel that every pull and boss fight is a nail-biting mana battle. (Mana will matter a lot more for raiding and challenge modes.) We want level 90 in blues to feel a little easier than level 85 in blues, so please let us know if that's not the case.

6) It's possible there are bad points in progression before level 90, because we haven't looked at that as much yet. If you have just hit say level 88 and haven't gotten any new level 88 gear yet and run a dungeon, it's possible mana return is lower than intended. Feedback on that is also useful. Do keep in mind that at this stage you might run into a boss that is horribly overtuned or just bugged. Just because you can't keep a tank alive doesn't necessarily mean that your mana needs to be massively buffed. It could mean we need to adjust the encounter. That said, the intent is not that you sit around idle much of the time, waiting for mana or too scared to waste a heal that isn't 100% critical.

Beta is going to be buggy and unpolished- very buggy and unpolished. It may not be a very enjoyable experience. It's not for everyone, and if you don't enjoy content in a half-implemented state, you might have a better experience waiting until the final product, which we will try our hardest to be as bug-free and polished as possible.

If you enjoy offering feedback before things are set in stone (insofar as they ever are in this game) and you don't mind seeing the inner workings of the sausage factory that is game development, then beta may be more fun for you.

P.S. I like to think I am less smug than snarky. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Death Knight (Forums)
    Death Knights and Number of Class Changes
    I'm not losing too much sleep, but for Warlocks they've had a huge set of changes and information and it's clear that they haven't been forgotten. It's not even hyperbole that Blizzard isn't listening to us, look at the notes. Look at the changes. Warlocks know they're being taken care of. We don't.
    This is a tough issue for us to solve as far as forum discussions go, because we think some classes need larger changes than others. There will be some DK changes, but overall we don't think they have the spec identity problems that the warlock changes were largely intended to address.

It may not seem fair to classes or specs that aren't undergoing as many changes, but we try very hard not to monkey around with things just for the sake of changing systems that we think work. I'd agree that every class needs a little bit of newness in an expansion, but there is a lot of that from the talents and glyphs. That said, I will try to carve off some time to address some DK concerns. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Hunter (Forums)
    Silkworm and Porcupine Pets
    Just read a forum on petopia that said the silkworms and porcupines that are part of the "boar" family weren't meant to be tameable pets, but they forgot to change that part when they got rid of the boar placeholder models. Please don't take away my porcupine.
    We decided these animals shouldn't be boars anymore, but they will be tameable. Silkworms can be worms. Porcupines can be their own family. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warrior (Forums)
    Warrior Feedback
    For Arms, we're trying a new Taste for Blood right now, where the Overpower procs buff your next Slam instead of Overpower. The effect lasts longer than the buff in your build, and can stack up several times, but the general intent is you Slam when Overpower stops proc'ing. The decision point can come about whether to Slam or CS or MS if those are all available, and how much Rage you can afford to bleed off to Heroic Strikes and still have enough left for the big Slam. This is a pretty new change, so it's entirely possible we'll change it again before you see it. I just din't want anyone spending too much effort modeling the Overpower buffs Overpower design. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Dragon Soul Challenge
    Join Athene once again as he leads another Dragon Soul Challenge. This time around there will be four guilds participating! Stars, Paragon, Blood Legion, and Exorsus will all be racing for first place to raise money for the Save the Children charity!

The event starts at 4PM GMT on May 12th with $3,500 in prizes up for grabs for the winners. A countdown timer for when the event will start can be found here.

Arena Junkies Invitational Tournament
    Arena Junkies, together with help from Curse and Alienware, is going to be running the first ever Arena Junkies Invitational Tournament, featuring eight of the best 3v3 teams. These players will battle it out for glory and yet to be announced, but surely impressive prizes.

The eight teams will be broken into two groups of four and will play in a Round Robin format. The top two teams from each group will advance to face each other and vie for the spot in the Finals. The Round Robin matches will take place on May 19th & 20th at 3 PM EST. The Finals will take place on May 26th at 3 PM EST.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-05-12 at 07:55 AM.

Finally a priest set that looks good.

And first.

That set looks clunkier than ulduar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to cage my pets!

10+ Year Old Account
    Round 2 on the Raid Race. Should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfouton View Post
    That set looks clunkier than ulduar.
    USER SHOULD BE BANNED FOR THIS POST

You insult Ulduar, you insult all of us.

Less QQ more PEWPEW!

When your pet dies in battle, you can switch to the next one. This isn't a permanent death, as damage doesn't persist between different battles.
    Well, in new build damage persist between battles. Pets can be healed with 10 min CD, or by visiting Stable Master.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the priest set. That's all.

Damn. Getting money for charity is cool and everything, but I'll pass on watching this one after watching the fiasco last time. I imagined listening to more than Athene screaming like little baby “OMG this is exciting, this is SO exciting!”, but it was at least cool to hear intelligent talk provided by Kina, who was basically saving the whole quality of the stream with his commentary. At least someone was actually commenting what's going on in there and analysing the situation, considering Athene did not.

Still, best of luck to all participants!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    So is this saying that pretttty much any pet that I currently have, I can throw on the AH once mists hits? I clearly saw a celestial dragon in there. Not saying I would put that one in there, I mean come on.... Celestial Dragon, but ya?

tbh I like what they're doing but imo it maybe needs more spike to it. But my opinion matters not when its comes to the best of the best. Dont die and make it worth it!

What's Exorus? They are either ExorSus or according to wowprogress at the moment they are Медовые плюшечки - Honey Buns (or even bunnies if we use diminutive as an analogy).

Great... another really boring challenge where that annoying guy is gonna be talking.

"When your pet dies in battle"

Psh... my pet's will not die.

Can't wait for both the dragon soul challenge and the arena junkies tournament

Stars, Paragon, Blood Legion, and Exorus
    Какого чёрта? They are Exorsus!
    Last edited by SSRaen; 2012-05-12 at 07:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Porcupines will be tameable, and will have their own family". All of my EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the sets.

And holy moly, porcupines! :D

Beta client still crashes every minute but they wasting their time, resources and money on this crap instead of fixing it.

The Priest set looks like they took the Skin of the Ulduar doodads and put them on a Armor set.

Looks more like a Plate / Pally set to me, but still looks cool.