Poll: How will you use RMAH?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Kinda funny when you read the forums (here, diablofans and battle.net). Everyone expects to sell, no one talks about buying, and everyone thinks prices will be high.

That's not how markets work.

Quote Originally Posted by Koeevu View Post
    Kinda funny when you read the forums (here, diablofans and battle.net). Everyone expects to sell, no one talks about buying, and everyone thinks prices will be high.

That's not how markets work.
    Thing is that true casuals are not the people who frequent video game forums, and they're the most likely to drop a few bucks here and there on foofoo stuff. I think the app stores and facebook have proven that well enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I fail to see how Facebook proves a point on your statement oplawlz, are there micro transactions in it that i'm not aware of it? Don't use it that much so i must have missed it.

Either way, people expecting to make cash out of Diablo 3 may need a reality check. Yes, some people might get a few bucks out of a very rare drop, or a lucky craft, but as a rule, sellers will vastly outnumber buyers.

The only ones really making $$ out of this are Blizzard and Paypal, except the lucky few that get those rare items.

Deleted
    i find it hilarious how ppls think the RMAH will be like WoWs AH with ppls undercutting eachother til the price is the lowest it can get, sure it will be on common things but dont expect tier 14 gems and the best possible combo and stats on any gear at max level will be undercutted much, becuase they will be extremely rare even with so many ppls playing

I am not going to use RMAH at all, because I'm your typical dickhead who haven't played a MMO other than WoW and think that buying and selling stuff is bad.

J/k. I am not going to use RMAH because Blizzard's cut is ridiculously big. Direct trading will be just as popular as it was in D2.

Hardcore mode is the only mode worth playing and the RMAH isn't available there.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll use it but only for items which actually stand out such as higher-end Legendary items as opposed to what will likely be a flood of absolute junk for obscene prices in the initial rush.

Will I buy from it though? Probably not. Kind of defeats the purpose of the end game experience.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sell items to bankroll MOP and MOP related things. Possibly try to cash out at like 30% loss if its worth it (like 150 or more on it)
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    Hardcore mode is the only mode worth playing and the RMAH isn't available there.

WHAT? Can someone explain this type of restriction?
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hell yea! My plans are to use RMAH as a second income. We'll see how much people pay for these items and how long it takes to MF now.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    They don't want you to spend money on items that aren't permanent because once your character dies, they are gone forever.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been said by Blizzard from the beginning that hardcore will have no real money AH, they don't want people whining about having lost items permanently (which will happen even though they are clearly forewarned) and I think I remember reading somewhere that there would be issues with gambling laws somewhere somehow.

edit: OT: I'll be using it for both if I find or want anything with my few softcore characters, probably won't be much though since my priority lies with hardcore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    i find it hilarious how ppls think the RMAH will be like WoWs AH with ppls undercutting eachother til the price is the lowest it can get, sure it will be on common things but dont expect tier 14 gems and the best possible combo and stats on any gear at max level will be undercutted much, becuase they will be extremely rare even with so many ppls playing
    And how is that different from WoW? It's supply and demand. The more common items will be very cheap, the extremely rare items will be comparativly expensive. How expensive? Depends on how much people are willing to pay.

Supply and demand always work on any unregulated market. Unless blizz decides to regulate it (very unlikely as that would remove the whole point) or people start forming cartells (again, very unlikely) prices will be at right at the mix of how low people are willing to sell for, and how much people are willing to pay.

If I manage to make enough money for MOP I will be happy enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Will you use Diablo3 RMAH?
    Most likely only for selling.

Of course might buy something depending on item and it's price.

if there is an item that i absolutely feel compelled to buy, i will probably get it.
    otherwise im gunna be chinafarming and posting that shit on the AH like mad.

Deleted
    Im planning to use it to sell items hoping to get atleast 10-20€ a week/month so i can buy some random game on steam

Most likely will never buy anything, but if I find something that I think/know will sell decently I will absolutely throw it up and make a couple bucks off it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will buy and sell on it, but will only ever buy when I really want something and can get it for what I consider to be a reasonable price.
    "The truth, my goal."

If I said no, I'd probably be lying to myself. So yeah I'll most likely end up buying stuff on the RMAH. I'm the kinda player that if I really want something and it would only take me 2 minutes to go get it the traditional way, I'd buy it on the AH instead, if it was there.