Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, I was going to stay out of this, but I must speak up and say something...

To all you Pro-lightspring people, the main argument I see here is "People didn't click it, so it was wasted, this is a good glyph". So, why didn't YOU click it then? Even if no one clicks it besides yourself, you can easily use all 10[5] charges in 3 minutes. I know this because I am the only one who used the Lightwell on our H Zon'ozz kill because I told people to not worry about the well and focus on DPS. Think about it, you get the same effective healing, as long as you arn't using it while at full HP ofc. If even just you click the well, that saves mana you would have spent on Binding Heals likely, or other heals from other players. Sure, its not ideal, but you still get some damn good use out of it.

There may be one or two places this could be useful, but only if all the charges can be expelled at once. If it has an ICD, then this is useless. If it doesn't, could be useful for predectible AoE Spikes, i.e Madness Bolt hitting, 4 seconds before it hits, put it down, explodes, heal scan triggers, everyone get a HoT. It might be good then, cause DPS is prob trying to burst down bolt as fast as possible and may be inclined not to click the well, but any good guild would click it right as the explosion, so w/e.

I just don't see why any Priest should want this. If you think people are not clicking it, then maybe the same can be said for yourself... At least this glyph will do one thing, it'll let me spot a bad priest a mile away... I don't want to be that mean person, but seriously, I have NO trouble using all 15 charges of my Lightwell if I have to, maybe before you soley blame your LFG/LFD/Guild on bad clicking, you should look in the mirror and ask yourself, "Do I click my Lightwell?"

Deleted
    I think it's a nice addition because lots of priest did request it.

However, I do hope it's not mandatory and it would power down lightwell. Because I'd like to keep the overpowered lightwell as it is now. People clicking it at the right time should mean something.

If they give you the choice between this and more charge, I'd be ok with that.

As someone who just started healing, this seems kind of nice from what I've noticed thus far with healing (of the groups I've run with - using LFD - only one was happy to use it and did use it; the others essentially ignored it). Part of it for me is that I'm still learning where to watch for my heals, and so something like this seems like it will allow me to pay more attention to the critical moments, rather than constantly checking all group members...

At the same time, I can see the lazy complaint against it. Heck, even running as dps prior to this, I often forgot it was there when the priest dropped it (and initially I had no clue what it was, quite honestly...). So it definitely allows that laziness. Still, overall I think it might be a good thing to help those just learning to heal do so without quite the same amount of panic (at least once the spell is learned and glyphed) - it gives a few more critical seconds to plan on whom to heal, especially with AOE.

I made a post a while back about the ToC lightwell design being needed and i got a warning for it an the post was closed.... I created a thread yesterday about that and they deleted it.. glad to see a bunch of commies around here lol
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I made a post a while back about the ToC lightwell design being needed and i got a warning for it an the post was closed.... I created a thread yesterday about that and they deleted it.. glad to see a bunch of commies around here lol
    Glad to see there as many bad priests on mmo-c as there are on the actual game.

Lightwell is functional and fine as is, the glyph just makes it convenient and useful for casual environments at the cost of efficiency, nothing more, nothing less.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    i didn't expect priest to get fun gylphs but i'm quite glad they do very happy (don't know why i didn't expect it at all just didn't )
    i was fine with the way lightwell was but shrug. the confession one sounds really fun . no ever clicks my light well but myself
    I'd torture a thousand souls just to see her smile.

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Glad to see there as many bad priests on mmo-c as there are on the actual game.

Lightwell is functional and fine as is, the glyph just makes it convenient and useful for casual environments at the cost of efficiency, nothing more, nothing less.

but there is no need to call people bad just because they like something over the other.

it a shame that even the priest community has to go through the whole hardcore vs casual debacle now. cant we just let bygones be bygones
    Last edited by PlatedPriest; 2012-05-14 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats pretty legit of you ask me.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

More automatic stuff, lest interacting and thinking... /sigh

Can I has a glyph that will attempt to csat divine light on people below 50% please?

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    More automatic stuff, lest interacting and thinking... /sigh

Can I has a glyph that will attempt to csat divine light on people below 50% please?
    now your just derailing the topic ;(
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    This is good news

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    As for the lightwell Glyph, I have one comment:
    What.

But, what does the Glyph of Confession do?
    If this spell makes the target /say random embarassing stuff, then I am never going to raid ever again.
    I'll be too busy running around in Ogrimmar and spamming this spell. It will be glorious!
    I bet it'll give you a tell from your target with a randomly generated "confession", similar to how npc's whisper you.

By the way, for those who are arguing that this glyph is for "bad/lazy" priests, you are wrong. No amount of skill on the priest's part short of substantial begging, threatening, or bribing can get actual lazy/bad players to click the normal Lightwell, hampering a huge chunk of a holy Priests efficiency.
    Last edited by scorpious1109; 2012-05-14 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not arguing its for bad or lazy people, I'm saying the glyph is tailor made for the casual raid setting, like LFR. I intend to glyph this as well during things like that. My only fear was that the constant bitching from this group of players who don't have the luxury to raid with a cohesive and organized group (not necessarily hardcore, btw) would not force blizzards hand into completely remaking the spell into the ToC version. The way they handled it to me is flawless; it is not mandatory, and the penalty for selecting an automatic heal is a decrease in its potency. Well-played in my mind.

However, I can't help but have a little contempt for players who believed the spell was utter trash just because they couldn't get people to click it. That was a product of the decline in team efforts and the focus on individuality that is modern WoW. But players go have the time an prefer the dedication of a progression and team-oriented raid environment should have the choice to choose the more powerful and required effort Lightwell.

Both sides are happy. I'm just tired of people coming out of the woodworks saying "I TOLD YOU SO" when they completely miss the reality of this glyph, that it offers both worlds to both players, which is pretty damn awesome of blizzard...assuming it stays that way

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

well said!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    I bet it'll give you a tell from your target with a randomly generated "confession", similar to how npc's whisper you.

By the way, for those who are arguing that this glyph is for "bad/lazy" priests, you are wrong. No amount of skill on the priest's part short of substantial begging, threatening, or bribing can get actual lazy/bad players to click the normal Lightwell, hampering a huge chunk of a holy Priests efficiency.
    Again, you, the priest, can also click and use all 15 charges...

I've been with "bad/lazy" people and have done this before. You get the exact same effective healing, just not the burst that could occur if all raid members were to simultaneously click it after bad thing occurs. I don't want to call my fellow Priest buddies "bad", but everyone seems to thing that people not clicking lightwell/lightwell not being used is everyones problem but their own. A. It isn't too hard to get people to click it. I easily turned my guild into mostly not clicking to ASKING me where the lightwell is and me having to tell them "you used it all already, ive got 1 minute =)" or B. Use the 10/15 charges yourself.

Deleted
    hmmm correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't they just implement some monk statues that people have to click on? i havent tested monks, but just standing in stormwind i found 1 that gives absorbtion and dmg reduction effect and one that gives an instant heal...
    so i can really see 2 possible scenarios:
    1) people click cos they finally get used to clicking cos there is more things to click and it becomes natural
    2) noone at all clicks the lightwell cos monks toys are so much cooler

i'd rather it be the first option and i think they shouldnt implement that glyph..... well at least i hope lightspring will have massively different animation, so it doesnt confuse all decent casual players who still want to click on lightwells.

Looks pretty cool. At least you have options now, either self clicking or an automatic one. Also, I'm surprised at the amount of ppl going straight to insults here. "L2click it you baddie" and "moar automatic = boring". Remember it's a glyph, so it's up to you to use it or not. And it's not necessarily casual only. On encounters with a lot of things going on or when you are learning fights on progression, you can use this glyph and just let it do its thing.

On another thought, I'm interested to know the range on this thing, and whether it requires los.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people just like to complain about change in general. I think this is a nice change 'option' to the spell. Really most the time when I played on my holy priest I just cast the well next to me and clicked it for self healing. Binding heal and well basically made me always healthy.

Holy PvP needs help in a few ways, but this "could" end up being pretty stong in BGs. The 5-sec scan issue is tricky, but in a prolonged node defense, or attack, the overall effect might be pretty nice. Last I remember, the health of a Ligthwell is enough to take a bit a beating before getting destroyed, so it potentially could bring up interesting dilemmas for the opposing team.

I dunno, I thought of pvp right away when reading this.

~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~