[TV] Today's Cartoons

So my son today asked me to take time out and watch some cartoons with him this morning. And I decided work can wait it is time for some Dad and son time. Just the two of us, relaxing infront of the tube. I fixed us some pancakes and kicked back for what i was expecting to be some lame kiddie shows, but hey it is my boy so whatever. What I got I was not expecting. He watches the following shows: Young Justice, Thunder CATS and Ben 10... All i got to say is HOLY COW, these are not what i expected. I watched one episode and I needed to get caught up. Young Justice I must admit for a kids show, was actually very good, I mean really good, infact, I am now going on the net and finding the first season to watch. I was just wondering, is there any other shows out there like this my son and "I" may watch togather?

Adventure Time, My Little Pony, and Legend of Korra are all great.

South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Futurama

Well, depending on what kind of parent you are, I know when I have kids I'll watch stuff like that with them no matter how young they are

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Futurama

Well, depending on what kind of parent you are, I know when I have kids I'll watch stuff like that with them no matter how young they are
    Your kids will be fucked up!

Why didn't I think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    Your kids will be fucked up!

Why didn't I think of that?
    I'm as old as The Simpsons, and I've been watching it since I was 0 years old I like to think that I'm not messed up (the same goes for Southpark, Futurama and Family Guy, just as they came out.)

But anyways, as far as today's cartoons go, I'm not impressed with the great majority. The ones OP mentioned are not my taste at all. However, Adventure Time and Regular Show I do watch. They almost seem to not be aimed at the current Cartoon Network demographic, but rather the previous one.

Adventure Time is the only new cartoon on air that's worth watching. Except maybe Korra.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Adventure Time is the only new cartoon on air that's worth watching. Except maybe Korra.

Watch the original Airbender series aswell. Its probally the best kids show in the last 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post

I love those shows but I was very uncomfortable allowing my kids to watch them but any time I left them alone with the remote they ended up watching it so I gave up in the end. They asked why they couldn't watch it and I couldn't think of a good reason haha.

It's very nice having a common interest with all my wife and kids though.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Yep

10+ Year Old Account
    The days of the old saturday morning cartoons are coming back, there are a few good cartoons on TV now, Young Justice, Avengers EMH and the new Thundercats cartoon are all pretty good, and make me feel there is hope out there aferall.

Deleted
    Men in Black : The Series

I don't think I would ever outgrow this one, such a shame they didn't do more episodes.