Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjew102 View Post
    Another tweet this morning. Said "darkd3 isn't a cheat....yet and as long as it's not a cheat, a ban is unlikely!"

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics/...26183740686336
    And here's the funny thing. Darkd3 has been on the official forums for months and started in closed beta. People talked about it a lot and broadcasted it on the official forums. I repeat: Official forums. So here's what bugs me. People talk about a modification for the game and no blue post comments on it. Then, 2 days before release date a dude tweets the lead dev of the game asking whether the mod is legit and the answer is "well it modifies so it's likely you'd get banned" and after 1 day the same person announces that the mod is clearly no cheat and thus will not lead into a banned account. Now I wonder ....how and more importantly _when_ did Blizzard bother to get in touch with darkd3 anyway? Couple of hours ago? That is so weird.
    Apart from that I'm glad for that it is now officially save to use the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    And here's the funny thing. Darkd3 has been on the official forums for months and started in closed beta. People talked about it a lot and broadcasted it on the official forums. I repeat: Official forums. So here's what bugs me. People talk about a modification for the game and no blue post comments on it. Then, 2 days before release date a dude tweets the lead dev of the game asking whether the mod is legit and the answer is "well it modifies so it's likely you'd get banned" and after 1 day the same person announces that the mod is clearly no cheat and thus will not lead into a banned account. Now I wonder ....how and more importantly _when_ did Blizzard bother to get in touch with darkd3 anyway? Couple of hours ago? That is so weird.
    It was probably very low on their priority list.

Apart from that I'm glad for that it is now officially save to use the mod.
    I wouldn't consider it officially safe to use. He just said a ban is unlikely. It's still one of those "use at your own risk" kind of things.

They will not officially allow anything that changes Diablo III at all.

What this response was, was a way to confirm that DarkD3 is fine and won't get you banned, without officially endorsing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I don't think anybody here is really trying to say that D3Dark somehow will be the only reason they play, and nobody is hating on D3's gameplay. I'm not sure what point you're trying to get at.

So some people want to change their graphics a little bit. Why do you care, and why do you feel the need to make such hostile analogies such as 'smearing shit on your screen'?
    I didn't make the analogy. I simply quoted it from the official forums thread regarding this topic. Also I could care less what anyone does to their game unless it somehow effects me, which this obviously doesn't. However, this is a forum where we're allowed to discuss topics, like DarkD3, and give opinions on said topics, which is exactly what I did.

I'm not really for any mods for the game nor do I particularly see any use in this mod. That's my opinion and I guess I'm sorry if I insulted you by denouncing this mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any harm in darkening the graphics....it should be allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    It's a safe bet to assume that we'll see a variant of Warden in D3, and it can read all the memory that the D3 executable touches, and part of that is the graphics driver and it's shaders, which includes DarkD3.
    just like the hacks and bots in wow that arent banned and have been running for years
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    just like the hacks and bots in wow that arent banned and have been running for years
    Bots don't enter the memory that Warden would check. Warden checks to make sure people are altering textures, speeds, coords, etc. The bot programs are nothing more than a glorified (yet intelligent) macro that acts as if you are at the keyboard, but aren't.

I wrote a macro script that entered me into AV when the games were few and far between and would come back after work an have 200+ tokens waiting for me to turn in. Not sure I played a single AV before I hit Exalted.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i just downloaded this and dropped the files into the D3 folder. When i then try to start up the game the diablo 3 head doestn appear and game doesnt load..:S

When i delete the files it works again.

Its the same as FXAA injector for BF3 but somehow this doesnt work for me. anyone ideas?
    “We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.”
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz | CM Hyper 212 | Asus P8P67 M-Pro
    MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr 975

Quote Originally Posted by ghostnet View Post
    I don't see any harm in darkening the graphics....it should be allowed
    its not because its a "graphic mod" its just because its a MOD, who can change the game files, wich can turn into a hack ...

I have a feeling what Jay Wilson meant is this:

It's a graphic mod, it's popular and obviously harmless. However, because of the nature of it, it will be watched very closely by D3's warden and if they even get a whiff of a hack you'll get banned. So 'use at your own risk' still applies, but the risk for THIS mod is fairly low unless D3Dark's devs go insane and turn it into D2JSP V2.