Deleted

Question about updating.

Hey, so I have a small question that's been bugging me and to be honest it's been putting me off playing MC in general. It's about updating. Say for example you have a map that your building on and the next patch comes out and it includes the large biomes update, is there anyway to add those updates onto your existing map, or does it stay outdated? I can understand that adding the large biomes onto an older map might screw it up, but it kind of sucks. I mean, when jungles came out, where maps made before jungles unable to ever have them added in? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Baaltheron View Post
    Hey, so I have a small question that's been bugging me and to be honest it's been putting me off playing MC in general. It's about updating. Say for example you have a map that your building on and the next patch comes out and it includes the large biomes update, is there anyway to add those updates onto your existing map, or does it stay outdated? I can understand that adding the large biomes onto an older map might screw it up, but it kind of sucks. I mean, when jungles came out, where maps made before jungles unable to ever have them added in? Thanks.
    The way it works is;

The terrain that has been generated (explored / walked through) will remain the old, pre-patch terrain.
    Any new, ungenerated terrain will generate with the patch's new biome code, when explored.

However, this may cause some very strange looking terrain, terrain that appears to be completely cut from its original generation once you begin to explore the unexplored areas in your world.

All in all, new terrain generation can occur on an old world, and the world will be minimally effected by it. (Strange looking terrain / biome change)

I dont think you can change your current map to include large biomes. You need to start a new map to be able to play with that.

What Chry says above is true though you can use your old map but when you start exploring more in a new patch that changes the way terrain is generated you will more than likely encounter some very jagged mismatched terrain.