Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

<Voodoo> to leave game, Laethys too 'hard'

Yes, after all the whines and QQ's and accusations of "clever use of game mechanics" in Infernal Dawn, one of the top progression Guilds, <Voodoo> have declared Laethys is unkillable in her present state and will be leaving the game either when they kill her or even before they do

Ah the world of a "hardcore" player

This is their best attempt on Laethys to date, P2....

I'm delighted Trion dropped this on the whiners that were QQing about ID been "faceroll" and Trion hadn't a clue

The timing is just way too coincidental for them to be breaking up and going separate direction around the exact same time this releases. Also Slip this will be locked because it is "considered official forum drama' and mmo champ does not allow that lol

Lol... I honestly dont know how they could quit after seeing how amazing the boss is and after hearing about this 3 faction pvp thing coming up. But they were jerks, so good riddance!
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quitting over a boss? Surely they are trolling? I mean seriously, as a hardcore raid guild, you're supposed to be excited by this type of thing, not quit over it, what are they going to do now? Go to SWTOR (there's raids?) or back to WoW(recycled content!)? I guess they could also wait for GW2, but somehow I really doubt they all unanimously are quitting, that's 20+ people....
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

This is why I love Trion, they're not afraid to throw something like this into the faces of their playerbase.

But, did that boss really hit enrage after 3:30? Or is it not related to the time elapsed during the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Barana View Post
    This is why I love Trion, they're not afraid to throw something like this into the faces of their playerbase.

But, did that boss really hit enrage after 3:30? Or is it not related to the time elapsed during the fight?
    No idea, but it is a bug we will see a hotfix shortly or a apology from a dev. My guessssssssssssssss is the phase 1 and 2 enrage timer are tied together and maybe they are or are not supposed to be.

The difficulty on this boss is tuned to the very guilds crying right now about the difficulty. Maximation especially will not be missed because they have had no guild leadership kicking members for crying on the forums like children. No professional guild I have seen has EVER allowed this. Voodoo has been useful, but the games they are going are f'n train wrecks to be honest and some of them are going to Diablo 3...so go ahead and explain that one.

Raid guilds in Rift have not made any sinse the actual ones left months ago. Although these are the ones who got their ass's drilled by Hammerknell trash before the Nerf and unsubbed on the spot while live streaming <---now that was funny watching someone say "f this I am going back to WoW" LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Quitting over a boss? Surely they are trolling? I mean seriously, as a hardcore raid guild, you're supposed to be excited by this type of thing, not quit over it, what are they going to do now? Go to SWTOR (there's raids?) or back to WoW(recycled content!)? I guess they could also wait for GW2, but somehow I really doubt they all unanimously are quitting, that's 20+ people....
    I heard GW2 didn't have end game content at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Endgame in GW2 starts at level 1, so there's a lot of endgame in GW2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    GW2 has dungeons and pvp for end game. Raids are for people who like herding cats.

Just in time for D3 to release.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

I wouldn't be suprised if Trion did this on purpose because the hardcore guilds that tested Laethys and Maelforge were so very sure they would kill them in a matter of days. Voodoo is trying to save face because they said they were gonna quite since the raid was too easy. Bottom line Voodoo was gonna leave anyways, they are just tryin not to look like idiots. But considering all the badmouthing of Trion they have been doing it wouldn't suprise me if the devs got a little fed up with their crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Yes, after all the whines and QQ's and accusations of "clever use of game mechanics" in Infernal Dawn, one of the top progression Guilds, <Voodoo> have declared Laethys is unkillable in her present state and will be leaving the game either when they kill her or even before they do

Ah the world of a "hardcore" player

I'm delighted Trion dropped this on the whiners that were QQing about ID been "faceroll" and Trion hadn't a clue
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The timing is just way too coincidental for them to be breaking up and going separate direction around the exact same time this releases. Also Slip this will be locked because it is "considered official forum drama' and mmo champ does not allow that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The difficulty on this boss is tuned to the very guilds crying right now about the difficulty. Maximation especially will not be missed because they have had no guild leadership kicking members for crying on the forums like children. No professional guild I have seen has EVER allowed this. Voodoo has been useful, but the games they are going are f'n train wrecks to be honest and some of them are going to Diablo 3...so go ahead and explain that one.
    Honestly posts like these should make you ashamed of yourselves, do you see members of Voodoo, Special Olympics or Maximation taking childlike glee whenever the content you are interested in is buggy or try to tell you you're leaving cause you can't stand the heat when you decide you're bored with the game and no longer wish to play. Do you see the raiders on this forum like Azuri, Primalthirst or Fencers making a scene when you get content and you have a problem with that content?

Voodoo especially have off their own backs provided amazing guides for every boss, a ranking website and I'm pretty sure they were behind the most recent efforts to get a combat parser website up. Before you start your sad, immature little victory dances maybe you should ask exactly what it is that you've done for the RIFT community, because frankly 90% of your posts both here and elsewhere tend to be sarcasticly insulting to anyone who's interests and goals for the game don't align with yours.

For anyone interested in some rational, adult discussion, here is what Voodoo's guild leader said about their decision to stop raiding. It was a pretty honest, mature and reasonable account of why they are stopping, and makes no excuses when they say that many of them have just had enough of the effort involved in raiding, something that I am sure that anyone who ever raided on a non-casual basis is familiar with. Certain members have also been saying for month or two now that they will be leaving soon, it's not like this is a sudden decision because oh no boss is too hard. This is the world first Akylios killing guild, and when they said a boss was unkillable before, they were right! But when you get posts like the ones above throwing accusations about, trying to tell them why they are quitting, no wonder the tone of the threads goes so low and leads to opinions like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    But they were jerks, so good riddance!
    Really, is that a fact, what exactly is that based on, your own opinions of their posts and actions or just because certain other people are painting them a certain way (see above posts)? While I am sure that not every post that Maximation, Special Olympics and Voodoo has made has been 100% constructive, I know that at least Veev the GM of Voodoo makes an effort to be constructive and polite in all of his posts despite some of the shit people throw, and I will bet good money right here and now that I can find more unconstructive posts by Slipmat and Puremallace than you can find by all the members of Voodoo combined. Probably just on Puremallace's alone tbh, how many times have you been banned now Pure?

Seriously, leave this shit alone and grow the fuck up. They gave an honest accounting for their decision to leave and posted a video as proof of one of their reasons, after everything they have done I am not sure why you can't show if not respect for what they did do for RIFTs raiding community then at least a modicum of maturity and just say nothing at all.
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-05-13 at 11:57 AM.

hmm, thats an odd enrage, thou, i guess it could have been something like on the wowboss archimonde in hyjal where any player deaths will make the boss stronger.. afterall some 7-8 ppl died just be4 they all got oneshotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    hmm, thats an odd enrage, thou, i guess it could have been something like on the wowboss archimonde in hyjal where any player deaths will make the boss stronger.. afterall some 7-8 ppl died just be4 they all got oneshotted.
    There would be some visual indication of this, a buff or stack of buffs to the boss. You can see at 3.02 in that video that a bug kills those players (they are clearly stood on a pile of gold to avoid the wave of gold attack) with no indication of any buff on the boss, and then at 3.18 the boss enrages (you can see the enrage buff). That's 3m and 7s after combat starts, to get the boss to 50% in the same amount of time they would literally need to find 43% more dps than they are doing now, even if they were farming the first five bosses in ID for upgrades to get BiS it is not likely that they would find that much more DPS as ID gear is not a massive upgrade over HK gear.

So why are they REALLY leaving? It's always sad to see a guild break. Any decent guild, not just hardcore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

So I read the thread on the rift forums and all respect to Slipmat but I think he read alot into it. Voodoo actually loved Laethys, yes they think the boss is impossible (which I don't believe it is, at least its way to early to say, I'll get to why in a minute). The other thing is Voodoo was gonna leave anyways. If you read the other thread that Gersh got involved in, Voodoo has been done for a week or two now. To many of their core players were leaving (many just to get out of progression raiding).

Now about the Laethys encounter itself. I think that considering there is an achievement for killing her in 8 minutes that the enrage timer resets at 50% at what I think will be Phase 3. Voodoo has said they probably could have made 50% by shaving off some healing to add more dps. And it may also be a light gear check. After all Akylios was a gear check as well.

I think people saying ID was stupid easy were way to premature and I have been saying this since it went live. This is a 8 boss instance. Granted I think Conclave was undertuned (hasn't been tuned up yet) and Rusila initially was undertuned (has since been tuned up and seems where it should be now). Maklamos also got tuned up which I found odd considering he is a first boss in the wing. I'd think they should have tuned up the Conclave first. Anyways I think the boss difficulty curve is overall looking better here than in HK.

The people who thought Laethys and Maelforge were just gonna drop in a day don't know Trion very well. None of this suprises me.
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2012-05-13 at 12:16 PM.

They announced before Laethys came out that this would be their last raiding week as a full guild, regardless of whether they killed her or not.

I watched their stream for the last hour or two of their raiding and from everything I was seeing they were right that it was impossible, and if not, required utter perfection and superior gear to what is currently available. The Phase 2 enrage was actually 2 minutes shorter than testing indicated it would be, and if you do the math they would have just made if they had no deaths.

I first heard that at least part of their playerbase was leaving on May 15th about a month ago, so this is not because of one boss. Those who are leaving Rift (not the entire guild) are mostly quitting raiding all together, at least for the time being. I can understand that, raiding consistently for many years can wear a person out.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Voodoo especially have off their own backs provided amazing guides for every boss, a ranking website and I'm pretty sure they were behind the most recent efforts to get a combat parser website up. Before you start your sad, immature little victory dances maybe you should ask exactly what it is that you've done for the RIFT community, because frankly 90% of your posts both here and elsewhere tend to be sarcasticly insulting to anyone who's interests and goals for the game don't align with yours.
    All this work was for their own benefit. I don't keep up on this enough but if I remember right they had to make a new ranking site after bashing the first one. Really who cares what guild is on top besides the top guilds. Not many people are going to miss having a guild ranking page. Combat parser? Same thing who needs it besides the very people quitting?

If you are going to be in a top guild on ANY game you need to expect this kind of stuff. Name one game that has challenging balanced end game content as soon as it is released. It's a known fact most new raids have bugs. It's a known fact most new raids are NOT perfectly balance as soon as they are released.

Get over it.......
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-05-13 at 01:20 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    . Before you start your sad, immature little victory dances maybe you should ask exactly what it is that you've done for the RIFT community
    Time to wash off that brown stuff on your nose, clearly you haven't been reading the Trion Forums since the start, guess what? i have and i've seen all your "heroes" try and drag the name of Trion as a Games Company and the various Devs through the shite pile claiming they were incompetent and hadn't a clue...

Voodoo especially have off their own backs provided amazing guides for every boss, a ranking website
    Would this be the Guide you'd have to pay $5 for and the ranking website where they 'doctored' boss kill times and put up other Guilds kill times when said Guilds explicitly did not submit any details and clearly said they didn't want to take part in the ranking system?

The only saving "grace" is that these Guilds nowadays don't have too many "core" members left, but i'm sure to you Tarien they're all angelic choirboys out to save the rest of us poor saps from evil...

Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    True, but they have been lobbying for a harder game with challenging fights, its just ironic they were given one, and then immediatly left.
    If the two were significantly more related sure, but I think entirely too much is being attributed to the relationship between the two just so that sad, immature little people can throw mud, when a bunch of the very players they are slinging mud at have been stating for some time that they are leaving the game soon.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    All this work was for their own benefit. I don't keep up on this enough but if I remember right they had to make a new ranking site after bashing the first one. Really who cares what guild is on top besides the top guilds. Not many people are going to miss having a guild ranking page. Combat parser? Same thing who needs it besides the very people quitting?

If you are going to be in a top guild on ANY game you need to expect this kind of stuff. Name one game that has challenging balanced end game content as soon as it is released. It's a known fact most new raids have bugs. It's a known fact most new raids are NOT perfectly balance as soon as they are released.
    Would this be the Guide you'd have to pay $5 for and the ranking website where they 'doctored' boss kill times and put up other Guilds kill times when said Guilds explicitly did not submit any details and clearly said they didn't want to take part in the ranking system?
    I've no doubt that there was some benefit to them, but there was without a doubt more benefit to all the raiders, hardcore and casual, who were able to glean insight into boss tactics, discuss strategies, compete, see which guild on their server was more competent if they were looking to find a better guild. Yeah sure some guilds didn't want to be a part of a ranking site, but tough luck the information is public. It would be like Trion complaining about item stats being collected into a database like ZAM and compared to see which item is better, sorry but that information is useful and of interest.

And why wouldn't they try to monetize their efforts? If you're good at something why shouldn't you be paid for it? How many people here on this forum have actually paid for it? I bet that figure is somewhere between zero and none, because they release the guides so quickly that there is no need. Talk about clutching at straws, do you have any legitimate complaints?

These two quotes belong together...

Time to wash off that brown stuff on your nose, clearly you haven't been reading the Trion Forums since the start, guess what?

The only saving "grace" is that these Guilds nowadays don't have too many "core" members left, but i'm sure to you Tarien they're all angelic choirboys out to save the rest of us poor saps from evil...
    frankly 90% of your posts both here and elsewhere tend to be sarcasticly insulting to anyone who's interests and goals for the game don't align with yours.
    Perhaps we should talk about your conduct on forums Slip. Or maybe ingame, I have dozens of screenshots of conversations with members of 'your' guild because they like to bitch about the way you conduct yourself. I put 'your' in quotes because I am sure we both remember me giving you (and a couple others) a Leader role in that guild, quitting over my exam period and returning to find you had demoted everyone but yourself and installed yourself as a dictator.

I am not sure why you think you have any right to comment on anyone else's behaviour at all.