Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pardon my ignorance... What is an affix? I'm familiar with the word, but not in that context.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Pardon my ignorance... What is an affix? I'm familiar with the word, but not in that context.
    A synonym could be the vice grip of doom that enemies can squeeze the down under goods with until you cry rivers of blood.

TL,DR: The different abilities/spells mobs have to make them unique

edit: technically he was speaking about the item affixes, which would be stuff like life on hit and all that jazz...but yeah
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-07-25 at 07:43 PM.

Deleted
    In wow terms, an affix is "of the Bear", "of the Boar" etc. A prefix that give one bonus, a suffix that gives a different bonus, and the hundreds of random combinations of them will give different items, like in borderlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's basically the properties of the item. The more affixes the more item properties you'll have. They call it affixes because usually the property of the item is described by an affix or suffix in the items name. So "Flaming" greatsword "of the boar" has an affix and a suffix and has two properties tied to those. Usually their descriptive as well so you have an idea just from reading them.

Anyone hear anything on the release date? can't be too much longer I hope...
    Ricotta,Corleggy Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Corleggy View Post
    Anyone hear anything on the release date? can't be too much longer I hope...
    Approximate time for release date (watching it closely myself): 3-21 September. I am afraid that we won't see TL II before September, but it definitely won't be released later than September.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn I hope it's not on the 21st, because that would put it between Borderlands 2 and MoP. There'd be no way I'd be able to play it until November at best.

maybe they'll surprise us and launch it tomorrow. i mean come on its a dead week with zero new releases, its the best time to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    maybe they'll surprise us and launch it tomorrow. i mean come on its a dead week with zero new releases, its the best time to do it.
    That would be nice. Personally I'm desperate to just to play it prior to MoP as there's little to do in Wow .

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe TL2 will be one of those games you play for a long time off and on. Tons of people still play TL1 even though it has no multiplayer, but the community is always writing mods for it. Remember its not a sub game so it doesn't really matter if it comes out around the same time as other games.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where is this game? It's nearing the end of August and I'm starting to lose interest.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Where is this game? It's nearing the end of August and I'm starting to lose interest.
    Hopefully soon. They did say Summer 2012 and that lasts until mid-September : /

10+ Year Old Account
    If they wait any longer bro I'm gonna have to choose between TL2 and Borderlands 2. I was hoping it would be out for the break in school but alas here I am waiting...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    If they wait any longer bro I'm gonna have to choose between TL2 and Borderlands 2. I was hoping it would be out for the break in school but alas here I am waiting...
    Well, 20 dollars vs 60 dollars. Still a fairly cheap game.

Also I will say, since it hasn't been posted, on the forums for Runic Games they have had more of their not-a-blog style weekly updates to what they are working at.

So they are at least not being quiet and being fairly active. http://forums.runicgames.com/viewfor...9e235214d6d318 for the site, I'll take it down if needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiemcliff View Post
    Well, 20 dollars vs 60 dollars. Still a fairly cheap game.

Also I will say, since it hasn't been posted, on the forums for Runic Games they have had more of their not-a-blog style weekly updates to what they are working at.

So they are at least not being quiet and being fairly active. http://forums.runicgames.com/viewfor...9e235214d6d318 for the site, I'll take it down if needed.
    It isn't the money brother it's the time. I mean I guess if it comes out when BL2 comes out I can wait to get my tl2 fill, it just sucks that the timing on this is poor. I recognize that they're continuing to work on it and I guess in the end all that it matters is if it's good. I far prefer that to being rushed out to avoid the release of X Y or X game or trying to meet share holder meetings or whatever nonsense reason they rush games out for these days.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-21 at 09:41 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I'm really looking forward to Torchlight II, but Guild Wars 2 is just around the corner, so I don't know if I'll have enough time to play it if they release it in September.

They will announce the releasedate on 31/08 at PAX:

torchlight2game.com/news/2012/08/24/one-week-until-pax
    Last edited by shotterke; 2012-08-24 at 09:48 PM.

Deleted
    At last a release date. Want this to come asap tbh. I loved the limited beta, wish i had more time in game.

It will released mid october - maybe november.

About damn time!