Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Eldryan is probably the most epic fight I have ever experienced. Lazer beams, tons of adds, lightning bolts raining from the sky, shadow rushes.

I've never been so proud to be able to dodge them all within 1 second.

This fight is glorious

There is 100 levels?

:O:O:O:O:O

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought TL2 on autumn sale as well. I have not played it yet since WoW keeps me busy, along with Giana Sisters and Home I used to play TL1 though, which was reason enough to buy 2 when it got on sale.

Is there any quick list of changes made, or what was added? Most things I see when I google for it were images, movies and whatnot

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I bought TL2 on autumn sale as well. I have not played it yet since WoW keeps me busy, along with Giana Sisters and Home I used to play TL1 though, which was reason enough to buy 2 when it got on sale.

Is there any quick list of changes made, or what was added? Most things I see when I google for it were images, movies and whatnot
    List of patches made should be under the news section of the game in your steam client. Not a lot of changes because everything seems polished. Except for not being able to reset your talents. But I believe you can buy opening up the client file and doing something.

Apparently its not illegal but I haven't looked too much into it.

2nd boss owns every boss in WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Except for not being able to reset your talents. But I believe you can buy opening up the client file and doing something.

Apparently its not illegal but I haven't looked too much into it.
    There's a number of way to get your hands on a potion of respec.

1) On your main character open the console and clone yourself a potion - this (and only this) way marks you as a 'cheater' which won't affect your steam client in any way, but it will be visible to other people and they might decide not to play with you because of it.

2) On an new character, create the potion (marking the new char a 'cheater') and give the potion to someone else. The 'mule' will not be marked a cheater.

3) Backup your shared stash file. Find (through the power of google) a site that is hosting a file made by someone where the shared stash is full of respec potions. Open the game and take out as many potions as you like (transfer them to main stash) and then close game, replace your old shared stash. You will not be marked a cheater.

Waiting for Runic to release the Dev Kit so people can make mods for TL2. I assure you that one of the first mods will be one that puts the respec potion on a vendor.

Except for not being able to reset your talents.
    That isn't a lack of polish or oversight. The devs wanted it to function in that way exactly. They specifically do not want full resets in by default.

Path of Exile also only allows 1 reset point at a time via an item. If you were level 60 and wanted to reset all 68 points... good luck.

These are design choices. Not all of which are meant for you to opt out of.

On another note, so tired of playing the game on 2 computers now lol! Just gonna stop that I think...the cloud steam thingie is way to messy. Today I ended up duplicating my character, and also near deleting all my progress since I got into a rage mode and began to fiddle with the save files inn the folder Dont do that unless you know what you're doing haha...

Luckly I didnt loss anything this time, the last time the steam cloud was being annoying I lost quit abit off items in my shared stash =/
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

TL2 vs D3 need advice

Still enjoying D3 but wanna try out TorchLight 2. Watched some youtube videos and it just seems similar to D3. Someone who has played D3 at least after patch 1.04 and also plays TL2 please help me out on how they are similar and also different. I looked into LoL and DotA2 and they dont seem to interest me. I want a pure dungeon crawl, farm till my eyes bleed game. Is the loot in TL2 at least better than D3? And by better I mean I dont have to play for 3 months before I finally get a decent drop and I dont need to spend RL cash because drops are so bad I cant even make it out of Act 2.

- wants to farm until his eyes bleed,

- doesnt want to farm for items.

/confused
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    - wants to farm until his eyes bleed,

- doesnt want to farm for items.

/confused
    I want to farm just wondering if the RNG is just as bad as it is in D3 where you go months without getting a decent item.

I doubt grind in Torchlight is that big part of the game. Question is, is it worth it? Modding is supposed to be big part of that game, which means that everyone can create himself powerfull items.

If you want multiplayer progress similar to Diablo, you will be dissapointed.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-12-03 at 04:53 PM.

tl2 is far more open source so you will see some crazy fan made stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if TL2 gets a PVP mod before D3 does.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    tl2 is far more open source so you will see some crazy fan made stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if TL2 gets a PVP mod before D3 does.
    Yea just noticed it has a lot of modding. So whats another other alternative thats similar to D3?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Yea just noticed it has a lot of modding. So whats another other alternative thats similar to D3?
    Path of Exile. It should be going into open beta this month (no specific date yet). It's very much a more oldschool ARPG dungeon crawler and it's absolutely awesome.

Well the loot system in TL2 is a lot better than Diablo 3 for sure, if that is what you are looking for.

I didn't like the character resource system in TL2, nor the talent trees. It feels very much like an 12 year old game with a fresh coat of paint. For me at least, the classes all felt the same.

Torchlight 2 is easily one of the better ARPGs on the market. Everything about it is an improvement on the first game, and I'd highly recommend it. The loot system is a lot better than D3's, imo. I couldn't stand D3 after about two weeks of playing it, but once I picked up TL2 I haven't looked back.

Deleted
    Tl2 feels much more like a sequal to D2 regarding gameplay then D3 does

I bought Diablo 3 and I regret it. The game sucks. The reasons the game sucks have been beaten into everybody's face repeatedly and can be easily found by browsing any Diablo 3 forum, so I won't go into it here.

I played the demo of TL2, yes, only the demo, after the disappointment that was D3. Didn't get far, of course. I think I got a warrior or whatever to level 10. Cartoony, boring, dull combat. Loot was marginally better, but again, didn't go far into it.

Then it dawned on me that I might have played Diablo 2 so much that I completely burned myself out on the genre. Same thing happened with Starcraft and WoW. Now I've got nothing left to play :P

Anyway, D3 sucks, TL2 didn't seem like it was that much better. Download the demo from steam and see what it's all about, imo.

both are pretty crap

pick TL2 if you don't want to play online because it has no central server and everyone cheats/hacks

pick diablo 3 if you want a game with more buy2win than the average F2P MMO, and only one act even worth looking at once you're 60 because the game was released unfinished. Absolutely no interesting itemization options(oh boy, I can't wait to spend 50m so I can get a little bit more dex/crit/chd/ias), most of your drops will be complete crap and almost every legendary you find will be salvaged into a brimstone.

actually... yeah, pick TL2.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-12-03 at 07:12 PM.

I find the combat, skill system, and loot in TL2 to be a lot more fun than in D3. The skills are more than "This is aoe ability #4", and they can typically work together in interesting or fun ways. The art style looks good (in my opinion) without putting huge strain on your machine, and the game itself has a lot of flavor and nods to pop culture if you look for them. I love it.