Page 1 of 47
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] Torchlight 2

Torchlight is often seen as a Diablo clone, and a underdog of the genre.

Although from what i have read and seen from a couple of reviews i have high hopes for this game! Torchlight 2 is currently in Beta phase and is available for pre-purchase from Steam and is scheduled to be released sometime in the Summer of 2012.

Here are some lenghty co-op playthroughs by the YoGsCast.

YoGsCast also interviewed Max Schaefer the CEO of Torchlight 2, Who has also worked on Diablo 1 and 2, He seems like a pretty cool guy which makes me want to support the game even more.

The classes of the game seem quite interesting and from what i can see is that you can play a class a couple of different ways Meele/Range ect..

Personally i think i will buy this game, its very cheep and looks quite fun to play.
    Last edited by Cludo; 2012-06-17 at 06:32 AM.

I tried the free trial and I must say I really liked it. Will probably play D3 over this for the MP function.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I tried the free trial and I must say I really liked it. Will probably play D3 over this for the MP function.
    Torchlight 2 has Multiplayer.

Does it? Well I have yet to find a friend that would like to play this game over D3 so what I said still sort of stands.

Torchlight 2 looks awesome. I love the pet system and how they can buy+sell things for you.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Does it? Well I have yet to find a friend that would like to play this game over D3 so what I said still sort of stands.
    Actually what you said doesn't stand since it has been proven wrong. Just because your friends don't want to play Torchlight 2 does not mean that it does not have multiplayer.

Deleted
    Yes, without saving the chars on the servers.

Loved Torchlight. I'll definitely be grabbing this, because to me it has a few advantages over D3 (though I'll play both) like modding capabilities and being only 20 dollars at release.

Torchlight was OK, but D3 is now here to show it how it should be done. It quickly turned into a mess of constant inventory management and an awful talent system.

There is the potential for Torchlight to become the Saints Row to Diablo's GTA, but they need to lose some of the po-faced seriousness and turn up the mental. They can't beat D3 on action, looks or mechanics. They need something D3 doesn't have.

From the videos it looks like they've not done that... It's just MP Torchlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Actually what you said doesn't stand since it has been proven wrong. Just because your friends don't want to play Torchlight 2 does not mean that it does not have multiplayer.
    For me it does mean that. So the point still stands.

torchlight2 has a lot of things im missing in D3.
    it looks like a modern version of D2 with some extra features.
    also lan modus will make it a must have in the long run

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Torchlight was OK, but D3 is now here to show it how it should be done.

I thought that the guys that done Diablo were the ones who made Torchlight and D3 was made by some new guys? I dont know what game will be better but i dont see how some new guys can show the original Diablo makers 'how it should be done'. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Deleted
    I've pre-ordered, will be a great game.

I also can't wait to start modding after launch.

The beta has started, if you want to have a chance to get in sign up here https://secure.runicgames.com/

Deleted
    To me TL2 seems a tad more flexible than D3 (modding, no class weapon restrictions, etc...).

I have kinda just jumped off the D3 hype train (damn me)...well looks like the TL2 one could use some passengers ^^

Torchlight was a very enjoyable Diablo clone, and I expect good things from Torchlight 2, as well. I will definitely be playing this, as well as Diablo 3, since they ARE different games. I haven't preordered it, trying to save money, plus I already have the original, but when it comes out, I am there.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Deleted

The genre is called ARPGs by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    I also can't wait to start modding after launch.
    Why, is the game so bad? Serious question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why, is the game so bad? Serious question.
    Modding is fun. Simple as that.

I'm thinking of buying that game.

was just playing the first one earlier looking foward to this one