Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Haven't played tons of it yet, too many other games to play, not to mention other RL commitments requiring my attention - but I kind of feel good about saving it for when the next gaming drought hits, or whenever friends start asking me "hey, feel like playing a co-op game?"

Deleted
    Tried it at a friend's house, it feels like playing diablo3 with a handicap really

Sorry but this is a game i will not be buying till it's up on a steam sale for 2 euros or something.

Just playing on normal. I use all the fire skills except for the mace, since the only things that get to melee range are bosses. If it's a swarm of weak opponents, blazing pillar and run in with immolation aura up. Some stronger foes? Pillar, firebombs and infernal collapse, then pick off survivors with my wands or magma spear. Quite a lot can also be picked off with just infernal collapse. Yes, I know that upgrading increases damage, shortens cool down, increases range, etc. Aside from the damage reduction on immolation aura, I just haven't found a need to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brantin View Post
    Just playing on normal. I use all the fire skills except for the mace, since the only things that get to melee range are bosses. If it's a swarm of weak opponents, blazing pillar and run in with immolation aura up. Some stronger foes? Pillar, firebombs and infernal collapse, then pick off survivors with my wands or magma spear. Quite a lot can also be picked off with just infernal collapse. Yes, I know that upgrading increases damage, shortens cool down, increases range, etc. Aside from the damage reduction on immolation aura, I just haven't found a need to do so.
    You're playing normal, that's why : P

The game is super easy on normal from the little bit I played. You can technically do the same for veteran and elite and only put one point into skills and get by, but it's going to make it far more challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    You're playing normal, that's why : P

The game is super easy on normal from the little bit I played. You can technically do the same for veteran and elite and only put one point into skills and get by, but it's going to make it far more challenging.
    Gets harder later on. I find myself needing to run a good bit doing Mapworks, even in ones with no enemy buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Tried it at a friend's house, it feels like playing diablo3 with a handicap really

Sorry but this is a game i will not be buying till it's up on a steam sale for 2 euros or something.
    Try playing on harder settings.

Also, it's never going to be that cheap on steam...

Did a run this afternoon from act 1 to end boss with only 1 death on Elite. Got about 32 uniques w/o gambling. It was really fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Did a run this afternoon from act 1 to end boss with only 1 death on Elite. Got about 32 uniques w/o gambling. It was really fun.
    I've got 22 Luck bonus, and haven't seen a single unique in the last three Maps.

I had 0 luck bonus. I just used my Dwarfking outfit and Longclaw sword. Swapping in new/old pieces as upgrades came to me.

This was my haul at the end of the session:

Everything in the stash was a drop. My flip weapon is a dropped cannon. But I am using Old Irongob from the last quest now.

War Titan and final boss gave me the most trouble. I had to kite them for ages. Alternating between sword/shield and cannon. I died in phase 2 of the final boss when I ran out of health potions and mana pots. I just couldn't kite all the adds and deal with his huge dash attack. Too much.

I'll move up in difficulty once I finish it once. I'm at the point now where I'm about to spend points just to get the nag icon off the loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I've got 22 Luck bonus, and haven't seen a single unique in the last three Maps.
    That's odd. Some bosses/mobs drop 1 unique per rule. Doing a full run should definitely grant you about 4 to 5 uniques per act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    That's odd. Some bosses/mobs drop 1 unique per rule. Doing a full run should definitely grant you about 4 to 5 uniques per act.
    Well, this is in Mapworks, I'm not sure the same rules apply. This game is very vague about it's own rules.

I kinda like that vagueness. Figuring things out for the first time is usually fun.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing Hardcore Elite. Loving the game, although all of my friends are horrible at gaming so they play Plushcore, but whatever. Bad players need games too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Nice to see that Glaives went from stupidly overpowered to regular overpowered

It's really not a huge deal because it's not like this is an MMO where certain specs are expected/required for raid comps, but it would be nice if they could refund stat/skill points when they nerf/change skills. At the very least they could add respec potions that don't give you a "cheater" title.

Also, I was wondering how long it would take them to fix the drag an item to the buyback tab bug. Saw a vid where a guy dragged gamble items to the buyback tab for roughly 30 minutes and was able to full gear all classes in uniques and the best part was that it was super cheap because it only cost the buyback price. Pretty much ruins the point of the game IMO but it was an amusing bug to say the least.
    Last edited by Leeroyjgibbs; 2012-10-05 at 04:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fishing in this game: what is the point? Is there anything of real value to gain from it? I see an achievement for catching 1000 fish and I'm wondering if I'll actually get anything worthwhile out of the time investment besides satiating the completist inside of me. Apparently completist isn't a word, so I've decided to coin it. From now on there will be a fine and a spanking whenever someone uses it without my permission. Let it be so.

I've got some real nice items out of fishing, mostly for my pet. One such item is called "Epic Collar" or "The Epic Collar" can't remember exactly, anyway it's loaded with armor of all types and some nice equip bonuses and I'm pretty certain I got it from fishing. There's also the fish themselves which can really help if you're struggling in some encounters with stuns, health to master on hit, slows and so forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyjgibbs View Post
    I've got some real nice items out of fishing, mostly for my pet. One such item is called "Epic Collar" or "The Epic Collar" can't remember exactly, anyway it's loaded with armor of all types and some nice equip bonuses and I'm pretty certain I got it from fishing. There's also the fish themselves which can really help if you're struggling in some encounters with stuns, health to master on hit, slows and so forth.
    I had forgotten I asked this question. Thanks for the heads up! Nice to know it's not a total waste; it makes achievement grinding less painful.

Fishing is mostly pet related buffs, few items (again mostly pet collars and tags) , every now and then maybe a piece of gear or some potions, perhaps a spell. I don't personally sit in town and fish but I DO make sure to empty out all the fishing holes in the overworld / dungeons. IDK I guess I just always think of it as just another version of a chest that has a mini game tied to it. Doesn't take long to do and I'm always in need of more vendor goods to sell, not to mention the rare chance at getting some of the permanent pet transforms.

On topic of fishing holes, does anyone know if MF boosts fishing hole loot?