Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was browsing around on steam last night and remembered I had this game. Then I remember there were mods I could download.

I got the synergies mod, so I rolled a necro. I'm using a 2h hammer and the build is basically just skull barage, bubonic burst, spreading the plague, siphon life, and bone armor and I love going around spamming skull barage and melee attacks just blowing everything up. With the amount of mobs that I constantly run into it's just awesome with this build.

I can't wait to try to learn the Torchlight II Editor "GUT" I think its called.

I have always wanted to learn to mod games and all and I had some great idea's for TLII just last time I tryed messing with a mod editier and try to learn it it was like reading greek to me.

"The last one I tryed was the one for Gears of war on the pc"

Also the last time I played this on my current computer I could get 60fps if I turned shadows off and the rest of the settings maxed. but when I turned shadows on the fps drops to like 30.

anyone else have this problem. my computer isn't the best in the world but I though that was odd.

My Computer Spec Is
    Motherboard: Foxconn A74GA
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) II X2 B22 Processor 2.80ghz
    RAM: 6GB DDR3 PC3-10600
    Video Card: Sapphire AMD Radeon 6450 1GB DDR3
    Resolution: 1280 x 1024.

So I know I can run it just wondered why shadows dropped my fps so hard.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-04-15 at 03:38 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I finally decided too try out TL2 since ive runned into a wall in poe and cant get further. and this game gfx appeal alot more too me. i got a few question, that i was hoping ppl would answer

1: I can see that there are a few difficulty i can pick from start, is there any different in what gear u get or other stuff, if u pick normal instead of Elite?

2: I really dislike things like item duplicate cheating and stuff like that, so ive decided that i would play solo, not risking ending in a game with cheaters. is it the same stuff u get from playing singelplayer compared too Multiplayer?

3: is there any AH(please say no) or do ppl trade in other ways?

4: what i know about endgame so far is ...... that u can buy/find maps where u can get some of the best gear. or u can join a new game+ and start over a new adventure with better gear and harder monster. is this end game that will keep being updated and played for a long time, like the paragon level in d3 and the map system in poe??? can u combine maps???

5: how is itemasation working in this game? is there random drops in the game and especially in the map system so so can actually pick whatever maps u like and still be amased about a cool item u can get?

Thats it for me, hopefully thanks in advanted

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I finally decided too try out TL2
    1) No difference, just more challenge and possibly XP...don't remember.

2)Yes, same items no matter what. I only play single player. A lot of mods flag you as a 'cheater' so I wouldn't think just because you have people using mods they are all enabling god mode or something.

3) No ah, yes you can trade.

4) It's not like paragon, you have a hard level cap on your characters. Maps make farming more interesting and a lot of the end game of TL2 is perfecting your gear. Unlike Diablo where you just get gear and maybe slap gems in it, you have to gamble on enchantments (which cost a lot of gold) and perfect your gem setup in your gear.

A lot of the replayability goes to all of the mods that are coming out and will come out in the future. Synegy mod is the first thing you should check out once you have seen the basic game to the end.

5) Yes, random loot is random. There are lots of sets in this game even from low levels so collecting whole sets is very fun. Additionally, some weapons can be upgraded by using them...like Awesome Sword drops, but it says to kill 1,000 zombies and it will upgrade. Then it becomes the Awesome Sword of Death, gets a cool proc and increased dmg/stats.

It's a bitmore diverse than Diablo right now.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I've played a lot of multiplayer, and can't say I've come across much in the way of cheating. Also, someone else can't 'infect' you if they cheat, so if you find someone cheating you can just leave and find another group.

Thanks alot for the help Kitty

Synergy looks like an awesome map... seems like some kind of expansion with all the good stuff Got a few more question if u dont mind.

1: Can i make a singelplayer ton and take it into MP?
    2: Would you recommend playing on the hardest difficulty? is everyone doing that?

10+ Year Old Account
    1: Can i make a singelplayer ton and take it into MP?
    2: Would you recommend playing on the hardest difficulty? is everyone doing that?
    1) Yes

2) Depends on you. If you play other games on harder difficulties and find it fun, you will definitely not want the easiest level, probably would be bored on the second, so the third would be the place to start. You cannot go down in difficulty once you've started afaik, though mods may allow you to do it.
    BAD WOLF

think i will start with the hardest then. i was looking through the mods on steam and a few of them made me a bit concerned. der was a mod that made your xp goes op twice as fast and also a mod that give u more stats more easily..... isnt there any kind of restriction in those mods????

10+ Year Old Account
    think i will start with the hardest then. i was looking through the mods on steam and a few of them made me a bit concerned. der was a mod that made your xp goes op twice as fast and also a mod that give u more stats more easily..... isnt there any kind of restriction in those mods????
    No, that's the beauty of the game. It can be whatever you want it to be. You aren't affected by what anyone else does, so it really shouldn't matter. There's no AH so it's not like anyone is being taken advantage of.

Your game doesn't depend on anyone else in any way, unless you specifically want MP and then you can avoid people flagged as using addons that 'cheat'.
    BAD WOLF

I would recommend the highest difficulty. Torchlight as a series skews toward the easier side of ARPGs. TL2 is no exception by default.

At least if one has previous ARPG experience. However, I do believe the default play systems are simplistic enough that most players would need to crank up the difficulty at least 2 rungs higher than normal.

Deleted

Wheeeee

Torchlight 2 newbie questions D:

Hello everyone

A couple of days ago I bought Torchlight 2 on Steam because of the summer sale. I´ve been enjoying it so far, having lots of fun, but I´ve got a couple of questions for people who are more experienced than me.

1) I decided to make an Engineer with 1h+Shield because it looked fun. Now, I´ve been looking around the internet for guides and stuff, and from what I understood, it should be fine for me to add points just in vit and str. Is this right? Or should I also add points in focus or dex? So far I´ve been adding 3 str 2 vit every lvl, is this ok?

2)Considering that you can add up to 15points to each skill...Is it better to pick a couple of skills and max them, or is it ok if I leave some skills at 5 or 10pts?.

3) I´ve been playing on normal mode so far, and I usually don´t have any trouble fighting, but sometimes my health will go really low when fighting a significant amound of monsters. Am I doing something wrong? I´m used to Diablo III where normal mode is really easy and you can kill hordes of monsters without even having to heal (at least as a Witch Doctor). But I´ve seen Torchlight has less monsters grouped up in the same place...So maybe in Torchlight monsters are just stronger? Or am I doing something wrong?.

Thanks, that´s all, I hope somebody can help me :x

Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    1) I decided to make an Engineer with 1h+Shield because it looked fun. Now, I´ve been looking around the internet for guides and stuff, and from what I understood, it should be fine for me to add points just in vit and str. Is this right? Or should I also add points in focus or dex? So far I´ve been adding 3 str 2 vit every lvl, is this ok?
    Dexterity>>Strength till somewhere past 100 (then Strength becomes better), as it gives dodge, less fumble and more crit, while Strength only increases damage.
    2)Considering that you can add up to 15points to each skill...Is it better to pick a couple of skills and max them, or is it ok if I leave some skills at 5 or 10pts?.
    Save skill points for maxing out skills. With 1h+Shield you will want Forcefield, Sword and Board, Healing Bot maxed.
    3) I´ve been playing on normal mode so far, and I usually don´t have any trouble fighting, but sometimes my health will go really low when fighting a significant amound of monsters. Am I doing something wrong? I´m used to Diablo III where normal mode is really easy and you can kill hordes of monsters without even having to heal (at least as a Witch Doctor). But I´ve seen Torchlight has less monsters grouped up in the same place...So maybe in Torchlight monsters are just stronger? Or am I doing something wrong?.
    Mobs can score critical strikes against you, and due to specifics of damage calculation, critical strike damage might be even 10 times higher than normal damage. On normal should be no issues. Make Healing Bot and kite mobs for a bit if you became low on health. Oh and no matter what game, melee always have to heal themselves as they can't avoid most hits like ranged.

OP:

Before you even continue playing, make a plan now. The game works like D2, just more punishing (D2 had re-specs made long time ago now). If you fuck up your build is ruined. I'm currently lvling an poisonglaive Outlander myself, and while its maybe booring to know 100% what you take from level 1, its gurantiess you do no mistakes. You spend like 50-100 hours on a character, and then its crap when max level? I would hate that...min-max ftw!

I always check google, class forums and youtube when I play games for info, its awesome
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    your build is ruined
    As an FYI, to that poster...there are plenty of mods that give respec potions if you feel that permanent choices in a game you are learning is a waste of time. They have had a mod for it since before the editor came out that didn't flag your character.

Don't be afraid to try what you want as you can always mod for respecs.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    As an FYI, to that poster...there are plenty of mods that give respec potions if you feel that permanent choices in a game you are learning is a waste of time. They have had a mod for it since before the editor came out that didn't flag your character.

Don't be afraid to try what you want as you can always mod for respecs.
    To elaborate a little more TL2 has a Steam Workshop feature to get mods. You can get the respec potion mod there if you feel you have screwed up. But generally a quick google search before you start should give you an idea on how you want your character to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    To elaborate a little more TL2 has a Steam Workshop feature to get mods. You can get the respec potion mod there if you feel you have screwed up. But generally a quick google search before you start should give you an idea on how you want your character to be.
    Yeah, I'm not recommending to not take it seriously because you can correct mistakes, but don't feel like the game is going to punish you for doing so. I also recommend doing just a tiny bit of research prior to playing as the game feels more rewarding to not use respec potions.

Some people are very limited on time and would like to see all possibilities though, which is not a wrong way to play the game. engineers are just too cool to not try all their specs.
    BAD WOLF

Question about console codes. How do you find the console codes for the new items that was addet since April 1 (patch that also had the mod thing made).

Torchlight2 armory (think wowhead) hasen't been updated with newere items. So if anyone knows the console codes for new items do tell
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    *lights a candle for the fallen*

It's a shame, Torchlight was an excellent series.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    aww. that´s really sad. Torchlight was a great game(s) =(