[MoP] A Good Shadow Priest will always defeat a Good Warlock: True or False?

With the new changes in MoP.

Discuss.

They nerfed Spriest Dispells and removed some of their healing tools. I still think a good lock should win every time.
    Eternos - Warlock - Emerald Dream US

I think its well balanced to be honest. Shadow Priests have a lot of power but so do we. I'd say right now in MoP warlocks and s. priests will be fighting for the top. Mage just seems... lame?
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Even if they keep the dispels, they wouldn't dare especially if you glyph UA. I'm not following the Spriests self-healing but they'd be playing Defensive if they keep healing.

I think it goes down to skill and cooldowns. I saw an Affliction warlock video in YouTube that fought an spriest. Once Malefic Grasp is going, it's threatening. He killed him, given that spriest wasn't playing that good.

I'm not too sure about spriest burst though...

But I've heard so many good things about Spriests as well. I'm excited to be playing my lock and spriest come MoP. I always love these two.

Spriests, any news on mana? I always don't like how expensive some of the spriest spells especially Shadowform.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game isn't balanced around 1v1 so it doesn't actually matter either way. Just because a Blood DK will always beat a Warrior on Live, doesn't mean the Blood DK is going to be more valuable in an arena team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The game isn't balanced around 1v1 so it doesn't actually matter either way. Just because a Blood DK will always beat a Warrior on Live, doesn't mean the Blood DK is going to be more valuable in an arena team.
    If they are both of equal skill (glad/rank1) then maybe. The problem is a good DK can usually beat a better skilled warrior. So the blood dk CAN become more valuable. On paper you are correct but in actual settings I tend to disagree.

Were talking arena not one on one.

Deleted
    > Beta is not finished.
    > warlock is a class, shadow priest is a spec.
    > No data to test out the new pvp gear.
    > game isn't balanced 1v1.

A better question to ask would be how long is a piece of string.

I just had a duel with a Shadow Priest as an Affliction Warlock.

Dark Bargain + Hearthstone = instant win vs Shadow Priest.

15+ Year Old Account
    False - there are no good warlocks. They are all by definition evil.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

spriests have been locks and mages bitches for years. it wouldn't bother me if you could slap someone around who had the same skill and gear you did. right now it's not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by creamie123 View Post
    I just had a duel with a Shadow Priest as an Affliction Warlock.
    Stop lying, you don't play a warlock at all, let alone an 85. It's obvious.

Quoted from: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iction-Warlock

However, a good warlock will always keep lesser buffs such as Unending breath and Detect Invisibility, on top of Twilight Ward and Dark Intent up. Since dispel only randomly dispels 1 beneficial effect, to dispel any of these 4 lesser abilities would waste around 6 seconds of GCD time.

With the new changes in MoP.

Discuss.
    This guy has been making posts all throughout the warlock and shadow priest forums that are contradictory to each other in what I think is a mass troll attempt. As it has been slightly amusing since I'm slow at work right now, I think enough is enough lol. How do you have a "warlock cc's suck" thread in the lock forum and then a "warlock cc's are OP" thread in the priest forums? I don't know if I am right in assuming he's a troll,.....I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Just do a search under creamie123's started threads and read through them a bit if you want to laugh at somebody that made 14 separate threads and literally used some of the exact same replies through out a couple of them. A couple are below.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iction-Warlock
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ed-to-Warlocks
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-True-or-False

However, a good warlock will always keep lesser buffs such as Unending breath and Detect Invisibility, on top of Twilight Ward and Dark Intent up. Since dispel only randomly dispels 1 beneficial effect, to dispel any of these 4 lesser abilities would waste around 6 seconds of GCD time.
    However, a good warlock will always keep lesser buffs such as Unending breath and Detect Invisibility
    lesser buffs such as Unending breath and Detect Invisibility
    Detect Invisibility
    Detect Invisibility
    Detect Invisibility
    Detect Invisibility
    Detect Invisibility
    (p.s. unending breath is not a dispellable buff)

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    False - there are no good warlocks. They are all by definition evil.
    I have to agree with this. Though this would mean that the Shadow Priest wins by default due to lack of competition.