Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    <snip>
    Well there are also heart events where the quest-items and interaction are instanced for each individual player. Thats the confusing part.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the strong feeling that all this 'helping each other' won't last forever in Guild Wars 2.

Sure, it's rewarding, and I have helped people from the other Faction in WoW several times, too.

But do you guys really think that people will always help you, especially when they are just trying to reach another waypoint, or have done the active dynamic event already on four toons and didn't like it?

I believe the social interaction will be overall better as in other MMOs, but will we all really become best friends?
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    I have the strong feeling that all this 'helping each other' won't last forever in Guild Wars 2.

Sure, it's rewarding, and I have helped people from the other Faction in WoW several times, too.

But do you guys really think that people will always help you, especially when they are just trying to reach another waypoint, or have done the active dynamic event already on four toons and didn't like it?

I believe the social interaction will be overall better as in other MMOs, but will we all really become best friends?
    I dont know about best friends. But unlike other MMOs its rewarding to all parties to help and be helped. I cannot steal someones mob, or drain their xp, or waste my time. I get my reward, he gets his reward and we both win. I also get xp for rezzing someone. And since the strain on the interaction between people is lessened and dropped to almost nothing, because the competitiveness is out the window. We will definatly see different player interaction.

In WoW, and well... every MMO i ever played, other players were mostly a nuisance. I had to fight them over the quest mobs, over resource nodes, over quest items. And people would be a dick about such things. A mob standing next to a quest item? Well he'll just wait right there till you pull the mob and then swoop in and take the item and let you deal with the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Well there are also heart events where the quest-items and interaction are instanced for each individual player. Thats the confusing part.
    That's curious, can you give an example or link a video and I'll make sure to check it in next stress test/BWE? Granted I only played human, char and norn zones till level 10 so my experiences not necessarily represent the whole of picture just everything up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    That's curious, can you give an example or link a video and I'll make sure to check it in next stress test/BWE? Granted I only played human, char and norn zones till level 10 so my experiences not necessarily represent the whole of picture just everything up to that point.
    Well i barely played yesterday since i had a nightshift, and i only did sPvP. But if i recall correctly in that town Beetletun in Queensdale there was a heart event to clean of the city by removing litter and graffiti. And that was clearly instanced, multiple people could clean up the exact same thing. Except for killing the rats.
    Also some heart event in the Charr starting area. I think after some citadel was claimed you had to help tidy up, and several people could click the same pile of cogs to pile em up. Also i think the cannonball quest there was instanced, but i dont entirely remember for sure.

Cant recall many events i did in the 2nd area. Dont recall being suprised by unphased quest items there. But the only thing i can remember was the barrels and stolen loot for some heart event involving bandits. But ddidnt pay much attention there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    I jumped in a lot of times when someone was in danger
    met some really nice people because of it
    i do it all the time no1 wanted to say anything to me =(
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i do it all the time no1 wanted to say anything to me =(
    Musta been stealthed.
    Or unwashed. Prob that.

(hugz)

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It is too easy for certain events. A lot of the time I only got off one attack on some kind of "Invading centaur, defend the camp!" type of event, and would get a gold medal from that one aoe attack that didn't do any worthwhile damage.
    I had at least 1 collect type DE where I arrived at the end when the NPC was giveing a timer for last minute turnins. I managed to collect 2 of the items and hand them in before the timer ran out and got gold. ya I agree its a tad too easy on some. On the other hand I had one DE in the norn area that I did twice to fight this shaman boss. Both times I got silver despite ripping the guy a new poop chute the whole way through.

Who is John Galt?