98 47.12%
  • meh it was ok i suppose nothing special really

25 12.02%
  • terrible lol a net conned us

14 6.73%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

an honest short poll for people who have played the beta

before you vote keep in mind this is for people who have played the beta.

i recently bought the digital edition today because i really couldnt wait anymore i wanted to play the bwe when it starts up again.

iv been waiting for gw2 since it was announced and id like to know what you all/the people who played the bwe think of it "so far"

EDIT: i did not vote.

That poll can't be entirely accurate because both of the first 2 options are true. It was freaking amazing, and it was exactly what ANet promised us, but it was beta and needs some fixes, all of which have been discussed in other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the thing. I voted "It was pretty good...", but I felt that it was everything promised, but it IS a beta and is still in need of polish before release. Whether or not it needs work should be a given since it was a Beta test, not a demo.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Anet delivered on their promises. I got what I expected. I don't think it was "FREAKING AMAZING BEST THING EVER BRB CLEANING OFF MY KEYBOARD.", but I also don't think it was simply "Decent"

Guess this is why I don't vote on many polls, though.

well good to see some honest answers keep in mind this is to discuss how you felt about the beta not to argue i mean debate points fairly but i havent played the beta yet unfourtently but im taking all of your word for it. it seems like arenanet has done quite alot but im a big gw2 fan but im also a fan of logic so il wait a bit more to see the results and more replys

There's a stress test in what, like 5hours?
    You could just wait and form an opinion yourself, unless you're about to leave for school or what have you and can't make the BWE.

Deleted
    but dont forget its only a stresstest and it maby will be laggy like hell or login problems etc

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    There's a stress test in what, like 5hours?
    You could just wait and form an opinion yourself, unless you're about to leave for school or what have you and can't make the BWE.
    there is???? can you give me a link to the info please ?

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 02:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    but dont forget its only a stresstest and it maby will be laggy like hell or login problems etc
    buddy iv been waiting since 2007 lag from hell i dont mind aslong as i can make my char login problems i do mind but aslong as i can make a charecter haha theres a certain name i want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vilereaver41 View Post
    there is???? can you give me a link to the info please ?[COLOR="red"]
    https://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/st...42152514523136 good enough?

buddy iv been waiting since 2007 lag from hell i dont mind aslong as i can make my char login problems i do mind but aslong as i can make a charecter haha theres a certain name i want
    None of this carries over to the full game (100% confirmed)
    And we're not even sure if it carries over to the best BWE.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    thank you btw is it normal for it to reupdate whenever i launch gw2?

Depends how often you launch it. If you launch it update close it and relaunch it followed by another update, that is not normal.

Deleted
    It most likely just dl some more fixes that you dont have

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picked amazing since poll is flawed.

OBVIOUSLY there are things that need fixing since were in beta, but it is still an amazing game and ANet delivered on all their promises.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was okay, need more time with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    That poll can't be entirely accurate because both of the first 2 options are true. It was freaking amazing, and it was exactly what ANet promised us, but it was beta and needs some fixes, all of which have been discussed in other threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Here's the thing. I voted "It was pretty good...", but I felt that it was everything promised, but it IS a beta and is still in need of polish before release. Whether or not it needs work should be a given since it was a Beta test, not a demo.
    Have to agree with both of these sentiments. I voted for the second option, but both are true.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Great game. Definitely going to be my main MMO for some time, but it still needs fixing. It certainly isn't perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Depends how often you launch it. If you launch it update close it and relaunch it followed by another update, that is not normal.
    well the first update was like 187 thousand files and this one is the same ;/ wierd guess il report it to anet

well the first update was like 187 thousand files and this one is the same ;/ wierd guess il report it to anet
    Did you move the .exe to a different location than the .dat?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with previous posters.

The game is fantastic and really delivers on its promises. However, it was not ready for release in the state of last beta weekend.

There's still much to be done.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!